Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

In regards to Monteboy03 (RIP) and next MOTM

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mitch:
Name signature sent!
Thanks!

Just checked my email.
my email was rejected said failed to deliver ...will try again later...

Last edited by STUMPMI; 10-14-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Mitch,

I don't want to be the fly in the ointment,
However,
I'm all for doing something for Kris and his family...
on behalf of the members/staff here from the MCF Family.

After thinking about it since you made this post/request... My only problem is:

I'm not so sure I want my "Signature" out there in no mans land...
Not to say you,or anyone else that had access to my signature would do anything but the right thing with it....

I'm just real sketchy about putting my info out there for any reason...
Which is one of the very reasons I don't pay my bills on line etc...

Since the Montecarloforum.com is its own separate entity...
Maybe, Just signing the card with our best regards from the MCF Family, Members, Staff?

But its great that your willing to step up and do something nice for Kris... and his Family!
Originally Posted by The_Maniac
To All: I appreciate what Mitch (Red04Montels) is doing on behalf of the Monte Carlo community. I just want to remind everyone to use caution when sending personal information. I know I've seen people use scanned copies of their signatures in e-mails before and in all honesty, obtaining a copy of you signature is probably not that difficult. Every where you store that scanned signature is a risk point (such as the device you scan it on, some multifunction scanner/printers use hard drives to store that data unencrypted, the flash drive, your hard drive, and any media Mitch places that on).
In my years working in the Information Technology field, concerns of things, such as identity theft are always out there. Mitch is a great member, this is NOT accusing Mitch of mis-using that information maliciously, but keep in mind,risk associated with sending out personal data.

FYI - I intend to forward a print copy of my name and a personalized version of my screen name (just an idea for others).
Originally Posted by Taz
Now that idea, I do like. Just a first name with your screen name in parenthesis sounds like an excellent alternative for anyone with concerns over identity theft.

Like the others said, nobody is accusing Mitch of anything. What Mitch is doing is a very nice idea. But Jason had some very valid points.
Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Mitch:
Name signature sent!
Thanks!

Just checked my email.
my email was rejected said failed to deliver ...will try again later...
Perfect, no problem guys. When the card is sent, everything will be deleted and hard drive wiped.

Thanks for everyone's contributions, I will try and get the card sent out Thursday as the funeral is Saturday.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Default R.I.P. 'Kris

Kristoffer ‘Kris’ G. Raifsnider

ONALASKA — Kristoffer “Kris” G. Raifsnider, 27, of Onalaska, died on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center. Funeral services are tentatively scheduled for Saturday and will announced by Schumacher-Kish Funeral and Cremation Services of Onalaska.
Oct 15, 2013 | 12:00 am | (0) Condolences

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 10-15-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've heard the funeral has been moved to Friday. Visiting from 9-11. With the service starting at 11:00.

Can someone please confirm this?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Originally Posted by Taz
I've heard the funeral has been moved to Friday. Visiting from 9-11. With the service starting at 11:00.

Can someone please confirm this?
That is what was announced on his Facebook memorial page. I don't know who started that page for him.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Unhappy Kristoffer G. "Kris” Raifsnider

(608)782-1252
(888)781-5623

Kristoffer G.(Kris) Raifsnider

** Click above to leave a message in the Guestbook

Kristoffer G. "Kris” Raifsnider

Kristoffer G. "Kris” Raifsnider, 27 of Onalaska died on Saturday October 12, 2013 at the Gundersen-Lutheran Medical Center as a result of a motorcycle accident. He was born February 18, 1986 in Wausau, Wis. to Karen (Petersen) Raifsnider and Gregory Raifsnider and graduated from Onalaska High School in 2004. Kris had attended Western Wisconsin Technical College and worked at the Gundersen-Lutheran Medical Center in the indoor and outdoor valet and shuttle services for seven years and will be affectionately remembered as “the shuttle guy.” In 2008 he was awarded the National Team Member of the Year for outstanding performance and dedication. In the spring of 2013 he graduated from Winona Technical College and attained his CDL with a 4.0 GPA. At the time of his death Kris was working for A+ Roll-Off Company in Mindoro and was looking forward to driving truck for Kwik Trip beginning on October 28th.

Kris enjoyed many things in life including working on cars, especially his black Monte Carlo, computers, the violin which he could play by ear, and outdoor activities. He also had a passion for animals, especially his dog Rocky.

Kris is survived by his mother, Karen Raifsnider (fiancé Jeff Holmquist) of Onalaska; a sister, Kalynn Raifsnider of Onalaska; maternal grandparents, Dick and Joan Petersen of La Crosse; his God-mother, Nancy Quinlisk of Onalaska; his only cousin Tore Berg of Halden, Norway, his father Gregory Raifsnider of Hatley, Wis. and his best friend, Rocky; along with many special friends including Scott Turner and Bill Brickson.

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 AM Friday; October 18th at First Lutheran Church in Onalaska with Rev. Jason Stanton officiating. A luncheon will follow the services at the church. A private family burial will be held at a later time. Friends and family may call at the church on Friday from 9:00 AM until the time of services. In lieu of flowers memorials are preferred to the Coulee Region Humane Society.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 10-15-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Im in he has my vote!!

Old 10-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There's really no need to vote. He will be the November MOTM.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Originally Posted by Taz
There's really no need to vote. He will be the November MOTM.
Thank you for accepting my idea!!!!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Text and signatures are still being changed, here are the center and front and back. If I missed your signature please let me know by Wednesday at midnight. They will be printed and shipped out on thursday.

Quick Reply: In regards to Monteboy03 (RIP) and next MOTM