Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Recommended Smart Phones for Verizon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 08:20 AM

Hi `Member's,
I'm like a amish type boy or a beachBum Country `Boy, & have never had a cell phone, but I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts about what is the best & what is not

When I get the time, I'm going to go back to zchool & take a course on Cell Phones & see what is best for what I want & need...I think it's a 4 year course ..I hope I can pass

I hope `Duane doesn't get to confused & it will be interesting to see what he gets ? (Let us know `Duane - OK)..

Is this a good deal below ? (I really don't know)
BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900

2 year contract $199.99...No committment price $549.99 AT&T

<HR>FREE SHIPPING
WITH ONLINE PURCHASE

<HR>*1-year contract, 2-year contract, and No Commitment Pricing require voice plan with qualifying monthly data plan required.

Be bold.

INTRODUCTION
Productivity in your pocket

Get best-in-class BlackBerry® performance at 4G speeds. The renowned QWERTY keyboard and the brilliant Liquid Graphics™ touchscreen gives you complete control. At 10.5 mm it’s the thinnest BlackBerry smartphone ever and fully loaded with leading-edge tools like the 1.2GHz processor, 8GB onboard memory, world-phone connectivity, enhanced BlackBerry 7 OS, HD video recording, dual-band Wi-Fi, and more for even greater productivity.

PERFORMANCE
Seamlessly multitask

Whatever you’re busy doing, all of your emails, messages, updates, and notifications keep coming through, so you can easily move from one task to another without missing a beat. This includes simultaneous voice and data, letting you take calls while you’re working with business applications, sending email, or downloading documents on the AT&T mobile broadband network. Now you can take care of it all, all at once. All the while, keep your work and personal life separate with BlackBerry® Balance™.

DESIGN
Made with care

Swipe, pinch, and zoom like never before. The 2.8-inch high-resolution touchscreen with Liquid Graphics™ provides smoother, fluid graphics and richer screen resolution for working with business applications and viewing documents, pictures, and videos—all at a new level of excellence.

SMART FEATURE
Connect through reality

With Augmented Reality technology built into your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900, experience the world in a new way. Read reviews on restaurants and stores as you pass by them. Learn about the history of your city’s most historic landmarks. Have spontaneous meet-ups by checking to see which BBM™ friends are nearby.

Reviews
Customer Reviews (89 reviews)
Average Customer RatingCustomer rating

4.4 out of 5
Hello, Can you hear me now

<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>

Old 07-08-2012, 08:46 AM

I'm like a amish type boy or a beachBum Country `Boy, & have never had a cell phone, but I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts about what is the best & what is not

Space, you don't have to go to a FOUR YEAR course to understand how to use a cell phone. Go to a local store, talk to an employee about learning the basics, start off with a basic phone, and work your way up. It should take a month to be able to understand a basic flip phone.

And back to the issue at hand: if you're going for a smart phone in verizon: iPhone 4s, an HTC, or wait for the Samsung Galaxy SIII

Old 07-08-2012, 09:12 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

But let me ask all of you a questino about your phone.....

You know those Toyota commercials where they do all the ridiculous crap to show you how tough the truck is? I need a phone tough enough to take on challenges like that.

If I get Bondo on the phone, will it survive? If my hands have a little oil on them and I use the phone, will it last? Do they have glass screens, or plastic? How well can they handle being dropped on asphault? Can it handle the rigors of someone who maintains 3 cars of his own and all his buddies cars when they have problems?

Old 07-08-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon

Space, you don't have to go to a FOUR YEAR course to understand how to use a cell phone. Go to a local store, talk to an employee about learning the basics, start off with a basic phone, and work your way up. It should take a month to be able to understand a basic flip phone.

Hi `Tyler, I was just joking & know I don't have to go back to college to learn how to use a phone (LOL), but I should
I have used BeachBum `Mike's Cell phone, but thank you for your advise 4-Sure...Oh, I do plan on going to a store & checking all the new phones **if I can find the time), but I will have to do some research first so I know what they are talking about
===========================================
WoW `Duane, you want a phone that will survive in a War Zone Below is what I found on the Web...I hope it helps ? Good Luck on getting a Tough One
World's toughest mobile-phone ~ Tech Armstrong <~Click

Click to check it out

Last edited by Space; 07-08-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 AM

if you get an iphone get an otterbox its about 49.99 and its suppose to protect your phone from everythinggg.

(i always thought those toyota commercials were bs lmao)

Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
if you get an iphone get an otterbox its about 49.99 and its suppose to protect your phone from everythinggg.

(i always thought those toyota commercials were bs lmao)
My wife has an Otterbox on her iPhone4, pricey, but really good protection... They actually have some that are really heavy duty for use on construction sites and what not... Duane, sounds like you need a military grade phone... To answer your question about the screen, the bb and the iPhone are hi-quality glass, replacement glass for the iPhone can run $300 or more... I don't know about the other Smart phones mentioned, but I would suspect it's the same... Good luck...

PS - I agree, those Toyota commercials are bs...

Old 07-08-2012, 11:37 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Those Toyota Commercails are bs lol & get a good case & u wont have issues Duane, ive touched my phone with oily hands & got paint on it & no issues, havnt dropped it cuz i dont have a case & iphone glass is not $300 its like $40 for a oem replacement

Last edited by 03JGMonte; 07-08-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Those Toyota Commercails are bs lol & get a good case & u wont have issues Duane, ive touched my phone with oily hands & got paint on it & no issues, havnt dropped it cuz i dont have a case & iphone glass is not $300 its like $40 for a oem replacement
I was quoting replacement cost plus labour and our beautiful inflated Canadian prices...

Old 07-08-2012, 12:25 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Must be major inflation

Old 07-08-2012, 01:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Duane i really think you would be happy with that GZone.

I just knoced my buddies out of his hand onto the sidewalk yesterday with no case and it survived fine. Lets see an I phone or blackberry do that.

Quick Reply: Recommended Smart Phones for Verizon?