Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

This really made me feel terrible.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:29 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default This really made me feel terrible.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/aus/960931196.html
I think if I ever see someone leave there dog at a place or dump them I will beat the living crud out of them. It just makes me sick what goes on in shelters.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:36 AM

out of sight out of mind. people have short attention spans. and the result(obiviously) sucks. last dog i had was about 7 years ago. she had renal kidney failure when she was only 4 and i had to have her put to sleep. it was pretty emotional to watch, and after they die they lay there and spasm and sound like they are whining but its air escaping the body. even the ladies doing it were crying and said they do everytime they have to do it. they made me a nice cardboard "coffin" with a blanket lining it. on a lighter note, all the shelters around here are no kill shelters. so only animals who get put down are suffering. i just have a cat right now and my last cat Charger, lived to be 20. so hopefully ill stay lucky with taht.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:49 AM

`Brock, sad story 4 Sure

Some Humans can be so cruel

Please adopt a Pet if you are able `ok

Thank You

Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 AM

This is horrible, people want puppy's, and don't realize that they become adults dogs...

My puppy will NEVER see the inside of a shelter, if i move and the place tells me i cant have pets...it's simple, i wont move there.

a huge part of this are the BYB (back yard breeders) who don't take things like Health, or temperament into consideration when breeding. the rest are people who get puppy's because their "cute" (i wish i could send those people to the shelter perminatly...).

Old 07-31-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
`Brock, sad story 4 Sure

space, i see that sad face everyday (a different color, but still the same lab eye's), i have built up an immunity to those "puppy dog eye's", lol

Old 07-31-2009, 11:20 AM

Down here in south Florida, there are a ton of pitbulls down here. Many go into the shelter, where the likelihood of being adopted is very slim. I own three. My first was indeed a puppy, the second I rescued, and my neighbor's foster dog was tied constantly to a tree with maybe 1 foot of slack and sleeping in its own crap. I couldn't look at that scene everyday so I made a deal with the neighbor and I have the dog now.

I hate these backyard breeders. They seem to range from the ghetto trash with their pants hanging to their knees to the one-toothed redneck in his confederate flag-draped truck. I don't know how many times I've been asked if any of my dogs were ready to breed or if they fight.

People are so stupid when it comes to these dogs. They feed them Alpo and shoot them up on steroids.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:23 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/aus/960931196.html
I think if I ever see someone leave there dog at a place or dump them I will beat the living crud out of them. It just makes me sick what goes on in shelters.
The local shelter has so many animals right now it lowered the price to adopt. Our dog Sadie came from there.

Every single one of our cats was dumped off.