Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Rant !!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Rant !!!!!!!!!!!

So, to lead off, 2 years ago, I was riding in the passenger seat of my friend's car.
We were traveling through a green light when a ford taurus ran a red light hitting us at 60 mph.
We went to the ER to get checked out and the car insurance was billed for all of my bills.
I had to fax them all to the insurance company and they told me they were paying for all of the bills and sending me a reimbursment check for the bills I had to pay and pain/ suffering.

The hospital I went to called me 6 months after the accident telling me I still had bills owed.
I calmly let them know the insurance company was to take care of it and gave them the claim #
Again a year later I got another call saying I owe them
Again, I told them the ins. Company was to take care of it.
6 months later, I got a call from them again...
I told them again it was the ins. Company's responsibility
They told me they aren't going to the ins. Company and they are pursuing me for it.
Yesterday, I got served with court papers (8 months after the fact) for $388.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
So, in the state of tennessee, you can't go to small claims court unless the amount you are suing for is OVER $500.
They added attorneys fees and processing fees making the claim for $511!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try to call and settle out of court,

Also, I called the the ins. Company yesterday after I got these papers and they have no record of the hospital calling them and told me the pain / suffering check they sent me was to also pay those bills!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2011, 07:16 AM
Angry

Hi `Dustin, Life is not fair sometimes/many times 4-Sure It's sad that your insurance company is claiming that the check they sent you for pain & suffering was also to include paying the hospital the remaining balance...
I'm sure the hospital is trying to find any way to find funds for their shortages, and the insurance company is trying to `SAVE $'s by ignoring their responsibilities

You have a good reason to RANT 4-Sure, but you can do your best to settle, or pay out more for an attorney to fight this injustice. There's no easy solution & $388 + can sure hurt
(especially during the holidays)...

Your choice is to try to settle & move on with your life with a expensive lesson, or fight & most likely cost you more.....Life is not Fair, but you can't let the BAD win 4-Sure...

You can either let it get you down, or you can learn & move on with your life....I hope that they will settle with a lower cost...Keep us updated & good luck...

Old 12-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Insurance companys suck

Old 12-21-2011, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Life's a beach sometimes. Good luck with the situation. Another example of the rich getting richer.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:23 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

That is messed up, hope it all gets taken care of the right way

Old 12-21-2011, 10:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

son of a *****, do i hate insurance companies.

That sucks man, sorry to hear. i love how YOU get served court papers, when you 1)weren't the cause of the accident 2) weren't even the driver in the car that got hit and 3)got injured due to someone else's negligence. Now you get to be the one in legal trouble because someone at the hospital office/insurance company didn't know what they were doing when they filed their original report. Good luck ...at least it's not thousands of $$.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

And to think our government wants to save us by making sure we all have insurance. God help us. Mind naming that insurance company so we can avoid them?

Given any chance, I let my own insurance pay for the medical bills and let them go after the other company.

Pain & suffer should be a totally separate payment.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:41 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That sucks Dustin.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

That sucks that you gotta pay. Who's insurance were you dealing with, your friend's or the other driver? If it was the other drivers you may want to contact your friends insurance to see if they can offer any help in getting it settled.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

First, did you sign ANY papers stating the insurance company was no longer liable for any further medical expenses? If not, then perhaps you can still pursue them (such as using consumer advicosy groups to assist).

Second, moral of the story, don't assume anything. If the doc's office is calling you about medical expenses, give them the insurance info, then follow up ASAP with the insurance company and make sure they are completing their obligation.

Third, if you did sign anything from the insurance company, dig that paper work out and see exactly what you did agree to at the time.

Forth, if you had health care at the time, you might be able to get that insruance to pick up the tab.

I HATE how our health care system works. Such as, you'll see the Doc and the bill arrives like 4-6 MONTHS later. Uhm, we are in a DIGITAL world people, why is this not 24-48 hours to have the Doc's office submit the claim, then get the insurance response and payment, leaving the balance to submit. PLUS, when the Doc's office and Insurance office talk, the Insurance company can get a lower "negotiated rate" that us average people don't get, how's THAT right?
And auto insurance.... I stay AWAY from an 800# only insurance company. I learned a LONG time ago it's not worth it. Get a GOOD agent, build a relationship with that agent and when you have a problem, you have an office for that agent to visit AND should have someone to steer you right AND when needed, go to bat for you.

Quick Reply: Rant !!!!!!!!!!!