Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

pure stupidity

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Default pure stupidity

a friend sent this to me in an email. the story goes as follows

According to the person who sent this, the driver has only been in Canada a few months. He had missed his turn to get off the highway by Brandon Mb. And figured he could go over the hill and continue on the road. Apparently he didn't know there were rail tracks on top of the grade..... The police figured he had to hit the angle at over 55 miles an hour in order to make the top. If you look close at some of the pictures you will see that it is only when the large reefer trailer pinched the rear tires of the truck that the truck stopped......

Old 03-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Default RE: pure stupidity

Thats awesome, nothin like a hillclimb in a big rig...if it weren't for the tracks, nah he still wouldnt have made it

Old 03-27-2008, 04:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

It was dark or he was on drugs, how could he think he would make the grade?

Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

It was dark or he was on drugs, how could he think he would make the grade?
sometimes i think new residents in canada buy enough crackerjack boxes to win a free drivers license..

Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know some drivers like that.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:35 PM

i can tell you what happend on this.
he was tired and fell asleep with the cruse on and the truck went off the normal lane of traffic and the only resason i say this is as a driver i can tell you there is nobody in any mind that has drove for more then 30sec. would have tried to take that hill at 55mph.
anyone with a CDL knows
1, the truck would not make the hill in the first place with out speed and tryign to make that would cause severe damage to teh front of the truck
2. would ahve never even came close to tryign to go that far in to the feild if they were trying to just trun around. (you can turn a truck around on hwy. if you go on the shoulder and go acrossed the two lane to the other one with out a problem and with room to spare.

3. the drive was drinking his or hers bath water and was drunk and hit the hill in the dark with thier lights off and didnt see it at all.

Also int he photos it dont show well but there are no skid marks at all.

the truck would ahve made it if the trailer would have not stopped it BUT the trialer would have not made it after the landing gear and the rear tandums hit the hill it would have been 90-0 real fast and most likely would have put them threw the windsheild.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:43 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

theres tire tracks in teh snow.... seems like it would have done more damage to the front end than that.....

my dad used to take those pills... here on the east coast sometimes they're called California Turnarounds... they'll take you to the west caost and back with no sleep. Although you're awake, you're not exactly "there". My dad used to take them in New Jersey/New York nad drive all the way to Texas, stopping for fuel and maybe a snack while he filled up. He carried visine in his shirt pocket and sprayed it in his eyes because you literally cannot blink.

He stopped taking these pills when 4 drivers, all wired, needed fuel and talked about stopping at the truck stop up the road. All of a sudden one guys truck took off into the woods. They all stopped, ran to the wods where the truck was, and no one was in it. The guy was up on the road. Apparently he thought he was already at the truckstop and climbed out of his truck. It killed him, sadly, and my dad knew the guy. Thats when he decided to stop taking those pills.

I'm going to have to say this driver was wired up on something like that. Those pills aren't readily available now like they were in the '70;s (when the previous story took place), but they're around if you look hard enough.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:44 PM

Write that idiot a HUGE ticket! Not only could he have killed himself trying that stunt ... he might have killed a whole lot of innocent passengers on a train coming down those tracks.

Them trains are hard to stop in a hurry!

Old 03-27-2008, 08:00 PM

Used to drive big rigs and I think he fell asleep or was popping something.....lol

Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 PM

belive me i would hate to have to call the travel agent and try to explin tha ti just went acrossed a feild and up the side of a hill and over the tracks. and oh by the way your truck is totaled also.
im sorry i can not pay you for it or the loss of cargo or even the trailer they say i would not make that much money in prison!!
Sined
completly stupid driver.
PSS. i have attached photos of my driving skills hope i get nominated for the safty awards for this quarter.

Freken idiot!!!!

I have been on the road for over 12 years and in town and local for at least 5-6 over that time fram. and i know excally wha tyour talking about coboy but they also have this thing called a random drug test that the DOT are not abel to giv eyou also. And belive me i have gotten nailed twice over the years for them. the only thing i cna give them is filter soda water but they keep asking LOL

they do have pills out but they are a O.D. of caffine on your stomach and your system NOT GOOD AT ALL for your heart etc... so if ya want to live a good life it is not the way to do it.
back in the old days you could get away with it a whole lot eaiser.
I remeber riding with some of the uncels and cousins and they would take them to this is why i started to drive i knew i coul run hard and then get the cash at the end of the run. but you tend to grow up some and wan tto come home wo the family more offten etc... the rest is history. but i am still a driver and a feild saffty contact fo the company im with now and can gaurentee he would not want to meet any one of the owners of our company out in the feild with this.