Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Happy Anniversary to Me & My Monte :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:44 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Happy Anniversary to Me & My Monte :)

Well guys... today (March 27, 2008) marks one year from when I picked up my Monte Carlo from Raleigh, NC.

I signed the bill of sale on March 17, 2007 (my best friends 17th birthday), and these 2 pictures were tooken that day. The original owner kept it until we all got our money straight a week and a half later, and we met him after he got off work to buy it. These pictures are in his driveway.

On March 27, 2007 the car rolled up my driveway for hte first time. My mom was sick at the time (turned out to be a thyroid). The Suburbans water pump went out when we were sitting at the license plate agency/DMV getting the title in my name and a new set of plates for the car. The A/C didn't work, and being around 90 that day, my mom coudln't take the heat. She rode home with me.

My mom and I had to run by Wal Mart. My dad got home and my brother was there at that point to check out the car for the first time (he's a Ford guy). Since hte Suburban was broken down with the water pump, it was parked over in the corner and I got to use my parents parking spot for a couple of days. This is me showing my brother the car (he's in the drivers seat, you cna see his sneaker pointing towards the camera). My then 1 year old niece is in my arm (thats Faith),and the othersdress can be seen in the back window... (to me, htat looks like a face becasue of the buttons...but it's a dress)Thats the then 2 year old Emma in hte back seat . My sister in law Ashley is sitting in the passneger side.

At this point this year, the pollen isn't out yet. But last year when I drove the car home, it was covered in pollen. The guy wanted it to be clean when I got it. HE ran it throuhg a car wash and dried it before I got it. By the time we got to the DMV, met him, and drove it home, however, the pollen had already blown all over the car and evne gotten the wheels dirty. What a mess.

He took about as good care fo the car as I do.. he actually had all the maintance records for all 80,000 miles (he bought the car at 30,000... he had dealer records up to that point and random service shops beyond that). I'm fortunate to have the car... it's served me well. The only problem I've had was hte compressor went out about a month after I bought it Not only that, but it went out on a Monday... that week was 100 degrees EVERY day. That was a hot week

So there you go.. it all went down a year ago today. It ws about this time I first found the forum and browsed on it.. but never joined until June and never thought I'd be a top 10 spammer But here I am... and this is hte day it all started.

Thanks for reading

Old 03-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Default RE: Happy Anniversary to Me & My Monte :)

happy anniversary. sounds like the timing was perfect

Old 03-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on your one year anniversary!

You got a great car Duane. Cute kid in your arms. When you havin kids dude? You look like a natural. (just kidding man)

Good luck in MOTM.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:22 AM

Happy Anniversary `Duane, to you & your Awesome Monte Carlo SS.
Wish you many more years of safe/fun miles in your `Monte.
Great pic's & Story.
EnJoy your `Journey, `Space

Old 03-28-2008, 06:30 AM

5 Year Member

Thank you guys.

I would love to win MotM this month in particular... it wuold be a great anniversary present for me & my Monte. Right now I got to pullup from. a long way back though.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

So what did your "Ford guy" brother think? Did it win his heart?

The race isn't over yet , only about halfway through, don't give up yet. (I won't even be here this weekend to watch it (or Nascar). Headed down to Victoria, Tx for a private lesson with a Master Taxidermist. I won the scholarship, as the association calls it, last year at the convention, I have to use it before June or lose it, so I'm off to use it.) So good luck, you could still win.

Again, Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:23 AM

5 Year Member

The Ford brother said "It's alright, I like it"

He still got a yard full of Fords though.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:32 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

The Ford brother said "It's alright, I like it"

He still got a yard full of Fords though.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `Duane, have you raced your brother in his FORD ?[/align][align=center]Who won ? [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Duane, you already have a Winning Monte Carlo SS[/align][align=center](I wish I had `it),[/align][align=center]Would you take a SpaceSkateBoard on `trade ? [/align][align=center]You could learn 2 fly in OuterSpace [/align][align=center]Don't even need `gas ~ LOL ~[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]He's from Outer`Space [8D]4-Sure

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/4B39E9168EA54F4AB89B0DA2AF4CE61E.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 03-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Duane (and all), when I post pics for MOTM voting, I put the pic that I think looks the best out of all the available choices. (The entire car has to be in the pic.) Whether they're posted in a gallery here or linked to another site like cardomain, motortopia, etc inthe person'ssig. Unless the nominee requests I usea specific pic.

Maybe something to consider...
Maybe when you get some free time or something, take some new pics of your car. Maybe someplace scenic or famous, or just get creative with the setting. Check out some other people's galleries and maybe get some ideas.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: Taz

Duane (and all), when I post pics for MOTM voting, I put the pic that I think looks the best out of all the available choices. (The entire car has to be in the pic.) Whether they're posted in a gallery here or linked to another site like cardomain, motortopia, etc inthe person'ssig. Unless the nominee requests I usea specific pic.

Maybe something to consider...
Maybe when you get some free time or something, take some new pics of your car. Maybe someplace scenic or famous, or just get creative with the setting. Check out some other people's galleries and maybe get some ideas.

I will definitely be doing that as soon as everything gets completely greened-up and I can catch a nice sunny day.