Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Prayer needed for my Mom!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:36 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Somehow I missed the complete thread?

Wayne, I am sorry to hear about your mother.

Please tell us how things are going for her?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:17 PM

Yes, please give us an update.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

OK, here's the update of my Mom. God has his hand around my Mom. The way things have transpired is nothing less than a TOTAL answer to all of our prayers!

Mom did not have the surgery. They were to drill 2 holes in her head to evacuate the blood that is in there. The blood is old, not new, as I was told. She fell and bruised her head, and the blood from the bruise has moved. None of this is even close to being life threatening. The foreigner Dr. said we COULD do this for her, and Dad, being 92, agreed. When I discussed this with Dad, no, he didn't want her to have holes drilled in her head. My nieces agreed. So the following day we got her out of the hospital. Took an extra day cuz her blood sugar was 550 cuz some idiot nurse gave her some orange juice, with no insulin that morning because of the scheduled surgery. Which brings me to another point. Mom was scheduled for surgery Monday morning, 2nd one in. An emergency patient came in, and her surgery was re-scheduled to the following day. That gave me enough time to get to the hospital (200 miles from home), and discuss this with Dad. (The hands of God working!)

Beffore she left the hospital, hospice was set up, and minutes after she got home, the hospice nurse was there and getting things set up. So now she has extra home help to get her cleaned up, sponge baths, that kind of thing, and a nurse coming in twice a week to monitor her. And in the week n a half since she's been back home, she's only had 1 apparent seizure, and that was stress related (too many people in the house talking loud).

So Mom's 90, and will not be back in the hospital again. All she talks about is going home to be with her Jesus. She is SO ready to pass, and everyone is good with that, even Dad. She has suffered from so many things for so long. Diabetes and alzheimer's are mean diseases. I talked with Mom for a LONG time about death and dying. We are all comfortable with it. We just want her to be comfortable and at home in her last days. It appears that goal has been met.

Thank you my MCF family for your prayers. They have been answered faithfully. God bless ALL of you. Thank you.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:49 AM

...Your are in our thoughts & Prayer's 4-Sure.

Thanks for your update, & that you & family are prepared for the transition that will occur. It's another reminder to `all that we must live our present, our now. Life is not forever here on Planet `Earth.
"We are all just pencilled `in & we never know when our life's `Journey will End "

`Wayne, I wish you the strength to endure and keep your `faith during this difficult time in life.

Sincerely,

Space & all his BeachVillage.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wayne,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am glad you all have found the way it's going to be done, and I hope will be good. Losing a member is never easy, but at least when you have already come to terms with it, and it isn't a total surprise, you won't be left feeling any forms of regret.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Wayne,

Thank you for the update.

We will be Praying for you and your family.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Wayne, wrer so glad that she is home and not in a cold hospital. Your mom is still in our prayers.