Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Should `Pot be legalize & Taxed ?
Yes, 4-Sure : )
83.58%
No, : (
28.36%
For Medical Reasons Only
35.82%
I've Smoke `it ~> Past Tense
49.25%
I still Smoke `it -Present- Now
38.81%
I've Never Smoked `it
17.91%
I want 2 Smoke `it
16.42%
I think our Country is going 2 `Pot : )
41.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Pot ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
You uh... Think alcohol kills more, or causes more deaths?? Not trying to be rude with that question, but that certaily is a fact. Has anyone EVER HEARD of a death comming from smoking some weed? Or even a pot related death at all? Not on this end here.
Pot related deaths and accidents happen all the time. When people drive cars and are high, they are far more likely to be in an auto accident because reaction times are severely reduced, similar to driving drunk. Pot also causes more accidents, and sometimes deaths with people who work with heavy machinery. Smoking pot itself will not damage any of your major organs like alcohol will, but prolonged use can develop serious side effects. Most people know what these are, and that's why it's an illegal drug.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Quatermain S/C SS
Not to mention my job, air traffic control requires a very alert mind with the ability to concentrate and formulate abstract thoughts, something that comes very hard when you are "high" from pot.
That's why you don't go to work high.

Pot also causes more accidents, and sometimes deaths with people who work with heavy machinery.
Take the amount of people who go to work drunk and compare it with the amount of people who go to work high. I'm not condoning either, but I will say that there are likely LESS incidents involving someone high on marijuana.

Smoking pot itself will not damage any of your major organs like alcohol will, but prolonged use can develop serious side effects. Most people know what these are, and that's why it's an illegal drug.
What are the serious side effects? Short term memory loss? Marijuana actually helps prevent Alzheimers FWIW. If weed is illegal, then alcohol should definately be illegal.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

**Notice**

~ Pot Heads ~
It is against MCF Rules to post under the influence of illegal substances
We do not condone illegal activities on the forum
We will be watching and testing the substances
that we find in the hallways of the MCF.

Thanks Member's for your input/posts on this
thread subject.

Wonder what that member's on ?

Don't do `Drugs....It's illegal

Last edited by Space; 07-09-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:41 AM

I really dont wanna sound like a dik here by arguing, but there are no long term effects from smoking weed. It does not reduce reaction speed, and people who smoke have no difference between those who are sober in terms of mentality. I myself have drove higher than heaven thousands (yes thousands) of times and that driving has iincluded highway, city, rural, and everyother type of driving. I have also handled heavy equipment with nothing different than when I would be sober. Sure I can see if some teenager and their friends are driving around acting all goofy cause they think its the cool thing to do and get in an accident, but thats a whole different story.
If there were such dangers with mentality changes, reaction times, and overall negetive sideaffects, dont you think this country would have found SOME WAY to test people who are high and driving? Well, they havnt and I know we have the technology to do so. There are studies that have been done to find out the "bad" that goes along with smoking, and the only thing they have found is short term memory loss.
And the thing about the memory loss is, the pot, when consumed in any way, coats certain brain cells with a gel like substance and temporarily makes them paralyzed. This is why pot is associated with being stupid or forgetful. After about 4 days of not smoking, that "gel" starts to dissapate and you completely go back to having normal brain function.

Last edited by wht02monte; 07-09-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
I really dont wanna sound like a dik here by arguing, but there are no long term effects from smoking weed. It does not reduce reaction speed, and people who smoke have no difference between those who are sober in terms of mentality.
You are wrong. When you're "high" your reaction time is delayed, slowed, altered. That's why it's a bigger charge when you're caught driving high than just smoking it in your house, you are putting your life and other people's lives in danger.

Smoking marijuana is also hazardous to the lungs, since it has more cancer causing agents in it than the typical cigarette.

There are also studies showing that people who have smoked weed for prolonged periods of time, several years, that they show cases of more respiratory infections, gum disease, more sick days at work, and weaker immune systems.

And short term memory loss is a proven side effect of smoking weed, along with confusion. I'd find it rather annoying if I forgot what I did yesterday, where I was last weekend, who I met the other day, what all happened. Remembering things is a pretty important aspect of life.

Let's not forget, just because you drove around high hundreds of times and nothing happened, it's not the same for everyone. Pot affects different people differently, just as certain people will act differently than others when they are drunk, so it is the same when they are high. Some people are more adversely affected by pot, and it is these people that are a danger when they get behind the wheel of a car. Pot is not illegal for no good reason, there is reasoning behind it.

And lastly, is smoking an illegal drug really worth it? Just like is driving drunk really worth it? The criminal record that is pinned on you for life, the endangerment of your life and other people, possibly having your license revoked, jail time, court trials, lawyer fees, it's a complete change in pace of life if you have a criminal charge for using illegal substances. Really it's not worth it. People say weed makes you happy? There are other ways, legal ways to make yourself happy. Try those.

Last edited by Frosty LS1; 07-09-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Thanks Member's for keeping your post civil and
respectful for both the pro's & con's.
Thanks for taking your time to share your experiences,
knowledge & opinions on the subject.
The web has several great threads on this issue, plus
medical studies.
(I posted several links to research on page one)

The MCF does not endorse illegal activities.

My reason for this thread question/poll was to solicit
feedback & opinions from our membership.
I think everyone knows someone that is smoking
pot/weed etc...
Knowledge is Power
4-Sure
Thanks EveryOne that contributed to this
controversial subject.
~*

Old 07-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Quatermain S/C SS
Smoking marijuana is also hazardous to the lungs, since it has more cancer causing agents in it than the typical cigarette.
IDK if it's more hazardous than cigarettes... I'd need some hard evidence to convince me either way.

Pot is not illegal for no good reason, there is reasoning behind it.
Could you explain the reasoning? I truly don't understand. Perhaps that movie "Reefer Madness" had a lot to do with it.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:33 PM

You know, I can see where this might start getting ugly so how about we just agree to disagree? I really could go on for about an hour typing some stuff I dug up ready to post, but Id rather not be bitter or have a "forum rival" if you will. So Ill just leave it at that, but if you are very serious about convincing me, give me some kind of link as to where I can read about this info cause I have read encyclopidia after encyclopidia, and when I was in highschool, I dedicated one of my hour and a half classes to studying this subject (this class was a semester long BTW) and I know almost everything there is to know about weed. Really, Im not being a "know it all", I just know what Im talking about, and there just isnt any other way I could put all this, I hope you dont take my saying all this the wrong way. If I were to be talking instead of typing you would hear that I had a kind voice and used no sarcasm whatsoever. If you do have some info (proof) feel free to link, but this info Im asking for, doesnt exist.
I really hope there wont be ANY hard feelings over this NORMAL argument.
One fact I wanna point out though, the carcinogens found in marijuana smoke are inactive unless they stay in the lungs, which they dont, as where the carcinogens from tobacco smoke do stay in the lungs. The reason for this is because the cancer causing agents from pot get absorbed into the blood stream where your liver and kidneys filter them out. They are BTW not harmful to your kidneys or your liver. Like I said, I dont want this to turn into somthing sour. And Im in no way telling you not to post your thoughts. Please do not get offended by what I have said, I said it in the kindest possible way I could.

On another note, the pot that is legal, is MUCH better than home growers and is about the same prices, as far as weight. Just think about other pharmicuticals, take norco for example, those go for less than a dollar fer tablet, where as they go for 4-8 dollars per tablet on the street, for the strongest strength. So why would pot be any different?

Old 07-09-2010, 06:35 PM

I wanna remind EVERYONE of this again. I DO NOT smoke weed myself, I quit that crap years ago and havnt looked back... yet LOL JK Never again, never!

Old 07-10-2010, 11:50 AM

Dam! Let me correct myself with somthing I said. I said, "the liver and kidneys filter the carciniogens out" Well, thats only kinda true. What really happens is the liver (which the cancer causing agents hit first), through enzyme morphisis, breaks down the agents and makes it into somthing else (cant for the life of me remember what) then it goes through the kidneys for the filtration process, then out with your pee pee.

Quick Reply: Pot ?