Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Post up your gun collection!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
very true! if needed you wanna pull and know the gun well enough to pretty much have it aimed where it needs to be and then fine tune with the sights quickly. i spent hours and boxs of shells doing this. i would keep my gun holstered untill i was ready and then i would quick draw fire 3 shells and re holster as quick as possible. it helps so much but takes a lot of practice!
John essentially thats how you need to practice, draw and understand where your pistol is in relation to your target and click of a few rounds. You will almost never have time to aim with your sights, more of a body alignment with your target and keeping control of your arm from excessive flailing about and wrist and trigger control.
I have had a few hours practice, shot on the 193rd Inf. Bde pistol team for 3 years, once was the high firer of the whole competition, awarded the Pistol E.I.C. medal. We shot Combat with full web gear, 2 mile run and then get up to the line and have a pistol match against other units. Composite where we had military match grade .45's and the High Standard .22. Much more disciplined. We flew back to the states twice from Panama to compete, I was picked up by the 5th marksmanship training unit and traveled around in the states competing until I washed out. Then returned to Panama. But we would spend countless hours popping caps and practice snap shooting with no aiming and drill the 10 & X ring on the targets.

When you shoot using your sights you always use both eyes, never close one, permits more accurate weapon to target acquisition......... Stereoscopic vision, helps determine depth of field and where to place your sights to knock out the targets X ring. Anyway I'm no expert but have threw a few rounds down range.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:40 PM

Forget to mention, my JB Weld repair was a success. Just a crap factory weld that finally let loose. It allowed the wood grip to catch the action and once it let loose the wood grip no longer stopped where it should. You could pull the action back, but when you pushed it forward to load the round the wood grip would keep going forward.

Cleaned the weld and put some JB Weld on the metal sleeve and we're back in business. Technically the gun was fully functional without the wood grip, as it was just a sleeve, but better to have it work normally. I'm just putting that out there so people don't think it's going to be a safety issue with gluing the gun back together.