Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about firearms?
I'm For Guns
66.67%
I own Gun/guns
25.00%
I'm Against guns
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Member's BLOG: How do you feel about firearms

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 10:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default How do you feel about firearms

so the other day i went back to the gunrange for the second time, and im getting better at it. i was thinking about buying a handgun next year for my birthday but how do some of you guys feel about guns? do you own any?

Old 06-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm pro-gun. Of course, there are downfalls for society to have guns, mass shootings are just one example. The issue is not the gun, it's the operator.

But yes, I say own a gun/guns if you want to. Nothing fully auto though, there is no reason to have a weapon like that, besides on a closely monitored/guarded shooting range. Just my .02.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
I'm pro-gun. Of course, there are downfalls for society to have guns, mass shootings are just one example. The issue is not the gun, it's the operator.

But yes, I say own a gun/guns if you want to. Nothing fully auto though, there is no reason to have a weapon like that, besides on a closely monitored/guarded shooting range. Just my .02.
Yea I been using a standard glock 17. Think that's what I'll go for

Old 06-21-2015, 11:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sweet. I've only shot a few pistols, 9mm, 380, and a Glock 45. The Glock 45 punches a lot of power and, surprisingly, very little recoil IMHO.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

We need fully autos to keep government in check.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Being a Veteran I am pro gun. I do not own one at this time but Wife and I have talked about it for safty. Owning a gun is a big responsability

Old 06-22-2015, 09:30 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am pro gun as well. I don't have anything yet but I hope to have one someday.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:48 PM

I'm neutral on the gun subject, I own a hand gun (used it once to neutralize a coyote aggressively charging at my little brother) havnt used it in two years and hopefully never will, actually I'm planning on letting it go as I have kids and not because I don't want them to ever come in contact with it, it's the idea of owning a gun that will make Them think with a mind like theirs it's ok to use or own guns as most kids mind hasn't devoleped maturely enough that if they do obtain a gun they will improperly use it. If it doesn't exist in my house it hopefully doesn't exist in their mind.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I am not pro or against guns. I do not own one, but I feel it's an important right to have the ability to choose if you want to own one.
I feel anyone taking on the want to own a gun has a responsibility to handle the fire arm with respect and maturity. If you have children in a house with a firearm (with or with out ammo, loaded or unloaded, if a gun is present in the home), you and your significant other have an additional responsibility to determine the best way to address it. I feel the idea "oh, we'll hide the gun and the child will never know" is in most cases a false sense of security, I think discussion the firearms with children might be better (and when doing so, show it to them, remove the "taboo" over it and make clear that it is not a toy). But I'm not saying that is the best approach (there is no black and white answer to guns around kids).

One final note on this soap box, I feel all parents need to enforce a big safety with children and toy guns. Never remove the colored tip from them, if a grown up expresses a concern (including put your hands in the air) that it may not be a toy, don't reach for it, don't be in a compromising position to where someone is afraid for their life when all you have is a toy.
Unfortunately, less then 1 year ago, the city of Cleveland (near me), had a small child killed by a police officer as the officers were called to the seen where a boy was waving around a gun. They ordered him to put his hands up and when he did not comply and made what appeared to be a potentially life threatening move, the officers decided they were going home and shot this child. End result, it was a toy gun, the colored tip was removed. This child paid a horrible price for something that was easy to avoid.
I know there are a lot of different arguments about that situation, but no matter how you slice it, the tip was removed and the boy was playing around with what could have been a loaded weapon. I feel bad for the officers, the child and the child's family.

Really sorry about this soap box, but I really feel firearms and kids require big responsibility and education for everyone's safety. But again, I am not a gun owner, currently don't plan to be, but I feel everyone deserves the right to choose for themselves (I know plenty of gun owners and they carry often).

Old 06-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

I agree. We keep our guns locked up in a heavy duty gun safe.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: How do you feel about firearms