Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

the politics of 9-11 I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:55 AM

My only response to that is we will never maintain that greatness unless we do something about the size and scope of the federal government and get it back to doing what the constitution specifies and actually act like the 10th Amendment still exists (These powers not delegated to the United States by this constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved for the States and the people). I've focused most of my efforts on the local and state effort so far since none of the nominees for Congress in my district have held my views on the scope of the federal government. So I've focused where I know I can make a difference.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We were attacked as a country but I think it is important to remember that there are individuals who bore the brunt of that attack. Most of these people were not soldiers, politicians or any other traditional target of warfare. These were just normal people who were going to work in highly visible buildings. These are people that were traveling across country to visit family or conduct business. We see the number 2,740 and are overwhelmed by the enormity of it. Please remember that there were 2,740 individuals lost on that day ten years ago. 2,740 families that will never be whole. We bear a grievous injury and will never be whole again. I weep for the children of the fallen. Too many lives were cut short that day.

DJ Sammy- Heaven 911 Remix. - YouTube

Old 09-11-2011, 01:21 PM

It seems that we agree. We may not agree on all the details but we seem to agree on the main points. My question is what can we do about this. How can we fight against the money and the lobbing? I want a transparent government. I want a smaller federal government. I want both local and federal government that represents the interest of the masses and not the few. I don't want more of the same puppet type government that we continue to get and with each election it just seems to get worse. How can we again get government for the people, by the people, and of the people? Violence is not the answer but don't know what is.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
It seems that we agree. We may not agree on all the details but we seem to agree on the main points. My question is what can we do about this. How can we fight against the money and the lobbing? I want a transparent government. I want a smaller federal government. I want both local and federal government that represents the interest of the masses and not the few. I don't want more of the same puppet type government that we continue to get and with each election it just seems to get worse. How can we again get government for the people, by the people, and of the people? Violence is not the answer but don't know what is.
That is the quandary we are in. We need to be more involved and find others to join, but it is definitely not easy.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:16 PM

Not related to 9/11, but related to your post about our government being screwed up. George Carlin said it the best:

George Carlin ~ The American Dream - YouTube

Old 09-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
We were attacked as a country but I think it is important to remember that there are individuals who bore the brunt of that attack. Most of these people were not soldiers, politicians or any other traditional target of warfare. These were just normal people who were going to work in highly visible buildings. These are people that were traveling across country to visit family or conduct business. We see the number 2,740 and are overwhelmed by the enormity of it. Please remember that there were 2,740 individuals lost on that day ten years ago. 2,740 families that will never be whole. We bear a grievous injury and will never be whole again. I weep for the children of the fallen. Too many lives were cut short that day.

DJ Sammy- Heaven 911 Remix. - YouTube
Thank you for your post. The number is 2740. Most of the media attention is directed toward the FDNY and the NYPD and we can forget that in that number were innocent men, women, and especially children. Everything about the tragedy is sad. I hope we never forget.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Unfortunately the government will continue in its current direction unless enough people band together and demand or force change. At the moment, not enough people are willing to stand up and do something to have enough people to really make a difference. No one wants to stick their neck out for fear their head will get chopped off. I have a feeling things wont change for quite some time tho and get worse to the point where people riot in the streets and violence erupts as it has overseas in some countries. I hope it never comes to that but IMO thats the direction we are headed. Maybe not for quite some time but eventually. If unemployment continues to rise along with economic inequality, I think chaos is the only direction we are headed. The bottom 50% of americans hold only 2.5% of the nations wealth, where the top 1% hold 33.8% of the nations wealth. Just the top 10% of americans hold a staggering 71.5% of the nations wealth. With the people who run this country sitting either in that top 10% or Im sure pretty close to it, how much can you really expect them to care about those bottom 50% of americans. Well you can see just how much by how little they do to benefit these people. With our nation in crippling debt, rather than bringing in more money from the people who have more than they could ever possibly use, they cut spending on programs that are in place to help the elderly and the poor, those who are already hurting. The politicians defense is that those top 10% of americans are classified as "job creators" If they increase taxes on these "job creators" then they risk losing current or potential jobs to layoffs and outsourcing. How can you possibly use that excuse when these "job creators", who after tax breaks and incentives pay virtually no taxes, are still laying off workers and shipping jobs overseas? The true reason politicians wont increase taxes on the wealthy is because 1) Politicians ARE the wealthy, and 2) Big businesses and corperations have so much pull with the politicans that they pretty much are guarunteed to get their way no matter what. Unless we can get these corrupt politicians with their deep pockets and personal interests out of Washington, we arent going to see any change that will benefit the majority of the American people. What kills me is when politicians stand in front of us and preach all the things that are wrong with Washington and how they are going to be different, change things for the better and help us. Alot of people are suckered in to believing these lies. They WANT to believe these lies because they want them to be true, when the reality is, these politicians want the money and the power that comes with holding elected office. Sure there are some who honestly want to help the American people, but they are so few and far between that their efforts dont make a difference in the grand scheme of things. And these positive efforts WONT EVER make a difference until we get enough of these genuine good people into office. We need to wipe the slate clean and get rid of the corruption and find a new way to chose people to run for office, instead of the pre-determine, pick the lesser of two evils system we have going on now. I myself have no idea how to go about this but I can only hope sometime in the (hopefully near) future we can solve this dilema and bring the USA back into the hands of the American people. At the very least I can at least fall back on the hope that the American people will only take so much before we take our government back by and means necessary. Hopefully not violently but forcefully if it comes to it. We need to remember that at the end of the day, we have the power because we have the numbers. By the people, for the people, thats how it should be.

I know that was long winded. Not usually my thing but you inspired me to rant a little. Well a lot, lol.

Last edited by mrl390; 09-11-2011 at 07:14 PM.