Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

political I am thinking of running for president. i Want Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 02:24 PM

Relevant?

Attached Thumbnails political I am thinking of running for president. i Want Your Opinion-enhanced-buzz-17943-1318017151-61-1.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 06:16 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

No one will tax religious groups because you would be running off about 85% of your demographics!

Old 10-09-2011, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
The way I see it, the government shouldn't have to issue a marriage license. In all reality all it is as far as the gov't is concerned is another source of revenue. That's why they even do it in the first place. While I personally think homosexuality is wrong, it's absolutely NONE of my business what people do in the privacy of their own homes. None whatsoever.

And great job elaborating on my point about products not getting any less expensive.

I've had a few prominent figures in the county approach me about running for a county office. The more I think about it the more I feel that maybe they're onto something. I've been involved in local politics for a couple years now and most of the county already knows me, or at least knows my face (and my cowboy hat). That being said, with me in limbo as to whether I'm getting deployed or not, I'm not going to run this next election cycle. Maybe the following cycle when I'm done with school and home for a while. The more I think about it, the more I feel that this may be something I'll have to seriously look into further in the future. I doubt I'd try for anything higher up the state legislature but at the same time I do not know the future, and if enough people ask me to run, then my sense of duty (same reason I enlisted in the military) will obligate me to answer the call yet again.
I hope when the time is right that you do run. We need independent
Thinkers in politics who remember why they were elected.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
As Peter Griffin once said, if gays want to get married and be as miserable as everyone else they should have every right to it.

Lots of good people won't run for President becuase of the time involved, the media scrutiny, the money it costs to get involved, the debates, the cheap shots at your family and friends, the investigation into your past, etc.

Gregg, better get all those skeletons out of the closet bud!!!
The anti gay marriage thing goes back to the Puritanical thinking from when this country was founded. I happen to think that the definition of what a family is should be left up to the individual family with no government intervention. I think that gays should be able to marry, I also think that polygamy should also be legal. Consenting adults should have the freedom to live in a family structure that they choose for themselves. With that said I draw the line with the manipulation of children.

As far as skeletons in the closet, I have made them all public knowledge. I have been involved in adulterous relationships. I have had depression issues and was locked up in a psychiatric facility for trying to commit suicide. I've filed for bankruptcy and have numerous financial issues that I hope are permanently behind me. I have family members that are alcoholics and have been pediphiles. That I think covers it.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can't offer much on the subject, but anything is better than what we have right now! Just quit taxing my smokes and my beer.....

Old 10-09-2011, 11:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was wondering how much it would cost to do this. Obama spent 750 million to get elected. It's no wonder our country in in the shape were in when someone would spend that much money to get a job that only pays 400,000. Anyway while looking i found this.

So you want to run for president - politics - msnbc.com

Old 10-10-2011, 12:12 AM

My views on immigration. I think we need to secure our borders and I would use the military to facilitate that goal. In doing so that should stop the influx of illegal aliens and also the illegal drugs being smuggled in. After the borders were secure I would streamline the process to become a citizen. Any illegal who has been involved in serious crime would be deported. I would also make English the national language and require all citizens to be albe to speak and write English. Anyone not wanting to assimilate would be invited to go back to their home country. Anyone who wants to live in this country needs to assimilate to our ways. America is not going to change to suit immigrants.
I would also reestablish ties with Cuba. Our policy to isolate the country has not proven to be. Effective.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
My views on immigration. I think we need to secure our borders and I would use the military to facilitate that goal. In doing so that should stop the influx of illegal aliens and also the illegal drugs being smuggled in. After the borders were secure I would streamline the process to become a citizen. Any illegal who has been involved in serious crime would be deported. I would also make English the national language and require all citizens to be albe to speak and write English. Anyone not wanting to assimilate would be invited to go back to their home country. Anyone who wants to live in this country needs to assimilate to our ways. America is not going to change to suit immigrants.
I would also reestablish ties with Cuba. Our policy to isolate the country has not proven to be. Effective.
The low prices that we all enjoy in the produce section of our local supermarkets are thanks to illegal immigrants. Americans wont do that kind of work for such little pay, if they would do the work at all. Even if you dont eat produce, all prices drastically increase at your favorite restaurant to compensate.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:01 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Old 10-10-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Snyderman
The low prices that we all enjoy in the produce section of our local supermarkets are thanks to illegal immigrants. Americans wont do that kind of work for such little pay, if they would do the work at all. Even if you dont eat produce, all prices drastically increase at your favorite restaurant to compensate.
If our economy doesn't start turning around we are headed for another depression such as we had back in the 1930's and Americans will be glad to pick veggies. There are other cost associated with illegals that don't factor into the produce price. There children are in our schools, health care, and crime, welfare, and more.