Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

WARNING: Awesome Political content.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default WARNING: Awesome Political content.

(Thanks to AmericanThinker.com)

Question:

If the Republican Party is the Party of Businessmen and the Democratic party is their competitor, what is the Democratic Party the party of?

Answer:

The Democratic Party has become the Lawyers' Party. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are lawyers. Bill Clinton and Michelle Obama are lawyers. John Edwards, the other former Democrat candidate for president, is a lawyer and so is his wife Elizabeth. Every Democrat nominee since 1984 went to law school (although Gore did not graduate.) Every Democrat vice presidential nominee since 1976, except for Lloyd Benson, went to law school. Look at the Democrat Party in Congress: the Majority Leader in each house is a lawyer.

The Republican Party is different. President Bush and Vice President Cheney were not lawyers, but businessmen. The leaders of the Republican Revolution were not lawyers. Newt Gingrich was a history professor; Tom Delay was an exterminator; and Dick Armey was an economist. House Minority Leader Boehner was a plastic manufacturer, not a lawyer. The former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist is a heart surgeon. [/align]

Who was the last Republican president who was a lawyer? Gerald Ford, who left office thirty-one years ago and who barely won the Republican nomination as a sitting president, running against Ronald Reagan in 1976. The Republican Party is made up of real people doing real work. The Democratic Party is made up of lawyers. Democrats mock and scorn men who create wealth, like Bush and Cheney, or who heal the sick like Frist, or who immerse themselves in history like Gingrich. [/align]

The Lawyers' Party sees these sorts of people, who provide goods and services that people want, as the enemies of America. And so we have seen the procession of official enemies in the eyes of the Lawyers' Party grow. Against whom do Hillary and Obama rail? Pharmaceutical companies, oil companies, hospitals, manufacturers, fast food restaurant chains, large retail businesses, bankers and anyone producing anything of value in our nation. [/align]

This is the natural consequence of viewing everything through the eyes of lawyers. Lawyers solve problems by successfully representing their clients, in this case the American people. Lawyers seek to have new laws passed, they seek to win lawsuits, they press appellate courts to overturn precedent, and lawyers always parse language to favor their side.[/align]

Confined to the narrow practice of law, that is fine. But it is an awful way to govern a great nation. When politicians as lawyers begin to view some Americans as clients and other Americans as opposing parties, then the role of the legal system in our life becomes all consuming. Some Americans become "adverse parties" of our very government. We are not all litigants in some vast social class action suit. We are citizens of a republic which promises us a great deal of freedom from laws, from courts, and from lawyers. [/align]

[font="times new roman,times"][size=3]Today, we are drowning in laws, we are contorted by judicial decisions, we are driven to distraction by omnipresent lawyers in all parts of our once private lives. America has a place for laws and lawyers, but that place is modest and reasonable, not vast and unchecked. When the most important decision

Old 03-18-2008, 04:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: WARNING: Awesome Political content.

Hmm... great article.. very interesting, very true.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Faith and fiscal conservatism aside, this has got to be the best article I've read in a long time on the reason for the divide widening in America.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:25 AM

Thanks for posting this..............I'm gonna forward this to everybody I know and some that I don't

Old 03-19-2008, 04:32 AM

[align=center]Something to `Think about ? `Space[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]SolaraSlayer, Grandpa `Dave,[/align][align=center]Thanks for `Sharing![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I like the `above, it gives you something to[/align][align=center]Think about.[/align][align=center]Interesting Facts,[/align][align=center]Our votes don't seem tocount in Florida.[/align][align=center]Popular vote vs Electorial College ?[/align][align=center]____________________________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"We must `think, beforewe `act, because our [/align][align=center]actions have consequences".[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Who will lead `us in our acts ?[/align][align=center]Our choices are limited, aren't they ? : ([/align][align=center]Let us `pray, `amen[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center]____[/align][align=center]__[/align][align=center]-[/align]

Old 03-19-2008, 10:55 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice article. Wonder if my senators and congressmen would like to read it? Too bad. I just may forward it to them anyways.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Slayer must have missed me...

The Republican Party is different. President Bush and Vice President Cheney were not lawyers, but businessmen. The leaders of the Republican Revolution were not lawyers. Newt Gingrich was a history professor;

The Republican Party party of GREED, WEALTH, HYPOCRISY!!! Creating War for Profit, profit of Cheney & The Bush Family.Cheney, "Oh, are people dying, that's a shame, but it is for our Freedom.... and my bank account!" Bush, "I am not making a dime off this war! but my bother is hehehe..."

Yes the Democrats are lawyers, and the Republicans are Businessmen, and they have successfully sold our Country out for their Greed! China owns us, Our environment has been sold to the highest bidder, our job are overseas, and our housing going down the toilet, etc.. I have to go, but....

Old 03-19-2008, 01:27 PM

[align=center] [/align][align=center]What are we to do ? What are we to do ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Masters GP`Dave & Craig ?[/align][align=center]Do we just go with the flow ?[/align][align=center]Do we have a MCF Protest, & Rebel ? [/align][align=center]Do we circle the White House/Congress[/align][align=center]with our Monte Carlo's ? [&:][/align][align=center](Oh Sorry, there is no `gas)[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What's it going to be like for my children ?[/align][align=center]For Mia `Joy ?[/align][align=center]What to do ? What to do ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Whose going to lead us from this tragedy of[/align][align=center]poor leadership & greed ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What do we do ?[/align][align=center]Party now , while we still have the funds ?[/align][align=center]gas ? Monte Carlo's ?[/align][align=center]Is this the end of a new Beginning ?[/align][align=center]the `End of `Space ?[][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Peace/Out[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 03-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

I say we tell every manfacturing company, for every5-year commitment for producing all products in the United States they can have 1-year of Zero taxes (total Tax Free 100%) inany of the 5-years (their choice). I say, we givemanufacturers ofBio-fuel, Electric Cars, bus, trains, etc.,andforcompanies that produce products from waste (our trash)5-years of TotalTax Free Status. Better to lose tax revenue and spark manufacturing & jobs in the U.S.A., especially companies help us toclean the environment and produce environmental safe products that reduce or eliminate our dependencies on oil & coal.

Doing that alone, will spark the economy and help to turn things around fairly quickly.

Some of the products I have seen created from our trash include a material that will replace asphalt for our roads, and this material last longer and shortens stopping distance (made with shredded tires and plastics). Another product is a plastic the could replace steel in building construction, and it is actually stronger than steel. These products cost more currently, because that are being produced in small quantities, but if ramped up, they would actually cost less.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:43 PM

I do remember reading something about this country should be made up of laws rather then of men. This is a Republic not Big Business all though it may seem that way sometimes.

Quick Reply: WARNING: Awesome Political content.