Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Pictures of your Monte on a strnge site

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 11:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know a guy on the Bonneville forum just found a 3 year old pic of his Bonnie is being used in someone else's Craigslist posting.
I found pics from my web site of my floor pan job on my '84 Camaro were used a long time ago for discussion on ThirdGen.org (3rd gen F-Bod site). I was actually flattered about that, as that's part of why I run the site.

But using your personal pics on a business related site. Eh.... I know if it's on the Internet, you open yourself up to a LOT of issues, but if it's on a business site, I believe they STILL need your permission. Not to mention, uhm, your license plate is clearly displayed on that site. This is not a case where your car happened to be in a shot, these are shots explicitly of your car.

I think you should contact these guys Tadd and ask what's up.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I know a guy on the Bonneville forum just found a 3 year old pic of his Bonnie is being used in someone else's Craigslist posting.
I found pics from my web site of my floor pan job on my '84 Camaro were used a long time ago for discussion on ThirdGen.org (3rd gen F-Bod site). I was actually flattered about that, as that's part of why I run the site.

But using your personal pics on a business related site. Eh.... I know if it's on the Internet, you open yourself up to a LOT of issues, but if it's on a business site, I believe they STILL need your permission. Not to mention, uhm, your license plate is clearly displayed on that site. This is not a case where your car happened to be in a shot, these are shots explicitly of your car.

I think you should contact these guys Tadd and ask what's up.
Going to do it now... thanks!

Old 12-07-2011, 01:09 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

When I put the video of my exhaust cut-out on YouTube, I had a guy contact me and ask for permission to put a link of the video on his forum. I had no problem with it at all.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
When I put the video of my exhaust cut-out on YouTube, I had a guy contact me and ask for permission to put a link of the video on his forum. I had no problem with it at all.
Basicallly the keyprash here is "Ask Permission" When the dude from Zazzle.com wanted to use my pictures for his tees he asked permission AND gave me a credit on his site as owner of the car.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:41 PM

Whenever you put anything on digital media and make it available to anyone else, then you are subject to their will.
Half the pics on my phone I copies from the internet. I only use them for my own enjoyment. I think if I used them for business or profit asking permission would be the right thing to do.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member

I e-mailed the site; I wonder if they will respond.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:25 AM

Lately since I've started getting into photography I've thought about putting some kind of stamp or something on my pictures to make sure I'd get credit for it if someone else used it. Couple friends of mine have already started doing it and they're not professionals by any stretch. They just don't want their pics stolen and used w/o their permission.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member

Ok I got a reasponse from the site:

Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 5:24 AM
To: taddladuke@cablespeed.com
Subject: RE: ModifiedCars.com Contactfficeffice"<O:p</O:p

Hello Tadd,
<O:p</O:p
Looks like someone has added your car. We apologise for this.<O:p></O:p>
Please provide us with a bit more details so we can verify this is your car before removing it.
<O:p</O:p
Thank you

MC

I sent the pic of my magizine photo shoot cover with my name and pics of the Deuce on it.

I told them hey where welcome to keep the pictures up provided they gave me and the Deuce mention in the gallery

Old 12-08-2011, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Lately since I've started getting into photography I've thought about putting some kind of stamp or something on my pictures to make sure I'd get credit for it if someone else used it. Couple friends of mine have already started doing it and they're not professionals by any stretch. They just don't want their pics stolen and used w/o their permission.

If you find a product or application that will do this let me know. I had been thinking of something like a watermark or siggy on my car pictures.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

It's not applicable to all situations, but on web sites I've helped people construct we use a little trick to deter people from copying pictures. We create a table and use the picture as the background of the cell. Then we put a transparent 'picture' in the cell so if they try to copy it all they get is the transparent 'picture'. It's not 100% foolproof, but it helps.

Quick Reply: Pictures of your Monte on a strnge site