Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Opinions Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Mike, glad you were able to find them like that. The dark grey and silver looks so much better. My carpetted mats are like that. The stitching runs vertically along the outside edge of the mat.

Chris, congrats on your win. Are those the mats from the 2002 Dale Earnhardt Monte? Or the 2004 Intimidator Monte?

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:33 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

not sure taz, i think 04, but in my car they match perfect, what do your dale jr mats look like?

Old 08-27-2009 | 11:36 AM

Michael-
I made the same mistake you did in buying those Lloyd floor mats for my Monte. I bought mine from AutoAnything.com. I intentionally chose the charcoal ones just because I thought it would be nice to have some contrast from all of the black in the car, plus they don't show the dirt as much as the black (graphite) ones. But I HATE those stupid hooks they come with, and that they don't have the spiked back. You can't really use them without the hooks, because they slide around, but the hooks don't work too well either I found. You twist them into the carpet until they're level with the carpet, but there isn't that much backing on our carpet to hold them in place, so eventually they pop out. Pain in the butt!
In the winter, I just put in a set of heavy rubber mats in the front, and leave the OEM mats in the back (since no one's hardly back there anyway). I went back to using the OEM mats in the front for the summer, until I find a better alternative.

As for your situation, the graphite would be closest to black, if that's what you want. Charcoal will look more like grey. Personally, I'd prefer the Monte Carlo lettering in either light grey or silver, even if it is more difficult to keep clean. I guess you could also try red or blue lettering (like a royal blue, not navy) if they offer those choices. But you need to have some contrast against the black mats. I'd also just go with it saying "Monte Carlo" rather than adding the RS. JMO.

Show us some pics once you have them in the car.

Mark

Last edited by myfirstbowtie; 08-27-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2009 | 12:17 PM
|

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Yea, those lloyd mats are not near as good as they want to think they are, thats for sure. I am glad I never put the hooks into my carpeting. I would have been really pissed if I put a hole in my carpeting for those mats.

Chris, those mats look nice, they should look good in your Monte. Make sure you take so pics.

Mark, if your interested in getting some "Monte Carlo" mats that have the spikes on the back, I found what look like pretty good mats at www.floormatguys.com, and you can have them put whatever lettering on it that you want, and choose all the colors. There are tons of options to choose from. I think i'm going to stick with matching the carpet color, and using silver lettering, because like you all have said, and totally agree, it looks WAY better. Especially since my seats are a super light grey, and my carpeting is Ebony. I think I will put the lettering vertically on the edge of the mat to keep dirt away from it. So the lettering will be similar to what Chris "Monte Carlo 3831" just bought, except they will say Monte Carlo.

Thanks again everyone for your advice.