Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Ooglebay park!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Photobucket
Default Ooglebay park!

For those of us Ohio/Pennsylvanian/West Virginans ooglebay park is starting their christmas festival of lights this Friday night. I hear traffic last year was a nightmare and you're better off to go on a monday night or sometime during the week... Was wondering if any of my Monte Friends in the TriState (Triadelphia) area Want to crash the party at ooglebay and show up with the tri state monte fleet? Anybody?

Chris??
...Bueller?
.....BUELLER?

Old 11-09-2009, 05:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Ive been to Oglebay park and its a real nice place. Unfortunately I was never very impressed with their lights display. Its nice if you live in the immediate area but not really worth the drive IMO. What you really need to do at oglebay is go up for the car show and eat at their breakfast buffet in the morning then hang out there and make a day out of it. They have a real nice zoo and a train you can take through the park to see some of the sights. It drives through the buffalo pen which is pretty cool too. Also they have some real nice cabins you can rent for the day if you have a big group. They have kitchens and everything. Our car club rented one one year and it was a blast.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Photobucket

Well I'm sort of from the area. I'm 15 minutes west of pittsburgh, I drive down to taylorstown alot and my monte only uses 1/4 tank round trip b/w wheeling and home, I figured why the heck not..? I would go there for the whole day on a sunday and eat their breakfast boofay and see the zoo and the model railroad and etc, I would probably most likely have my mother in tow (seeing as how my friends have basically alienated me and FORGET about me ever having a date with a respectable human being) and I figured my monte friends from the area would want to go?

I went many many years back and I've noticed a lot of the light displays were the same when I went three years later (different boyfriend obviously lol) but I bought some nice glass ornaments and we ate at the boofay so it was a nice outing... There's also hartwood acres and overly's country christmas now that looks like fun bonfire and all...

Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

The overly's country christmas is pretty fun. When I was there is was 0 degrees outside and everyone was crowded around the bonfire, but it was still fun nonetheless.