Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

OnStar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Default OnStar?

So I recently found out that our 2006-07 Montes are qualified for 3 FREE months of onstar, if you dont want it after that, just cancel. Its $16 a month for the safe and sound package, which basically if you get in an accident or break down its worth it. But its free, and im planning on traveling to TX in the next month so I guess its not a bad thing. Just thought I would let everyone know if you didnt already.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Default RE: OnStar?

Got it.

$24 a month Canadian.. 06 Montes do NOT have the turn by turn directions feature!

Old 07-17-2007, 07:06 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: HyperFox

Got it.

$24 a month Canadian.. 06 Montes do NOT have the turn by turn directions feature!
[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Hi `Ian, I don't need the turn, by turn feature [/align][align=center]or have the X-tra $'s 4 the service....[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I have a girlfriend that tells me how to drive, where & when to turn [X(][/align][align=center]I'm still search'in for the switch to [/align][align=center]turn it `off : ), but she's keep talk'in (turn here, turn there : )[/align][align=center]She's my `On/Off `STAR : )[/align][align=center][]No, not that way[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][]`Space..Stop that[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm hungry, feed `me, Stop there : )[/align]

Old 07-17-2007, 08:21 AM

When I purchased my 06 I was given 1 year free subscription and now am currently being charged around $18.50 ( I guessthats the tax added price)a month for the continued access of my Safe and Sound plan.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 PM

My 06 LTZ, ON Star was free for a year,
16.99 a month
for
34.99 a month you can get turn by turn.
Since I dont travel to much I dont think turn by turn is really needed for double the cost
It would be cheaper to get a GPS system
Once you pay for the base GPS system you dont have no monthly bills to use it.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: HyperFox

Got it.

Only on the 07

Old 07-17-2007, 06:52 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My '06 is past it's 1 year free Onstar. But I let it stay at $16,99/month.

I can't swear it's true or not but the lovely Onstar lady told me if I ever get lost, call them. No mention of a price but I doubt it's free?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 PM

Hmm.. good question.. From what Ive experienced the onstar staff are pretty good.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:05 PM

Three months? I got mine free for a year? I had the XM free for three months

Old 07-17-2007, 10:24 PM

Get.... Lost? As in not know where u are?

What is this concept? Isn't the answer always there, in a map?

Lmao, sorry guys, I just can't help butgawk at the ppl that pay all that money for a GPS...

I mean not that it isn't a worthy investment for like a limo driver or something, but when simple directions and a 4$ map can suffice... I guess I just don't see the need. What a map or mapquest.com can't do... google earth can.. gives you a birds eye view, so you know exactly what to look for.

I guess safe and sound wouldn't be a bad idea if it actually came with the diagnostics, but I don't think it does. Plus the idea of them always having the finger on my car's location makes me a bit uneasy.

Mainly for the accident reporting thing I guess. If I'm out of it they can still call the EMS...

Quick Reply: OnStar?