Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Old hag is trippin.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member
Default Old hag is trippin.

Okay, so this Saturday is our 12th annual local car cruise called "Cruisin' Downriver". Like most things, there was an "Event" page on Facebook created. One fella expressed his displeasure of "daily drivers" in the traffic. I expressed mine as well. And in comes this old hag who is trippin. Here is what has transpired:

Original Post:
Please post some rules for the "non cruisin"cars" I really don't want to see you in your Daddy's car, make way for the nice rides!

My Reply:
Those people **** me off. If you don't have a classic car, stay off Fort Street. This has been going on for 12 years. Everyone around here knows whats going on. But like always, people don't follow the rules to stay on the inside lane!

Old Hag Who Is Trippin:
How do you expect the non-classic car drivers to get to the events? Hover? Teleport? If the right hand lane is for classics only, then no one could get to the car shows that are in many of the lots along the route! Don't be a snob, classic cars and cruising is about respecting and enjoying a piece of the past, don't spoil it for others with a bad attitude.

My Reply:
Go through the back roads like my mom does when she comes to where I'm at!

Original Poster:
I understand the people coming to and leaving the event. I'm talking about the idiots that loop the outside lanes in their Mom and Dads car.

Old Hag Who Is Trippin:
Cruising is about cruising. If YOU don't appreciate that fact, you have some growing up to do! I drive the cruise route, I loop around and come back. If you spoiled sports don't like that, I'm sure there are other places you could be. You're not in any position to dictate who drives in the cruise, or what route anyone takes to get to their area. Stop trying to ruin it for people. It's just fun, or its supposed to be.

My Reply:
I'm not dictating. I'm stating my opinion on non classic car drivers in the traffic, just as you are.

-------------

Seriously, this woman looks like Miss Cleo's white half sister. I hate sitting at this cruise year after year, seeing people in these ratty old beat up daily drivers, blasting their radio, hoopin-n-hollerin, trying to be cool like the TRUE cool cars! And also ruining the fun for the people that want to see the cars!

/rant

Old 06-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I understand exactly what you mean Kyle. The Woodward Dream Cruise is the same way. It usually turns into bumper to bumper grid lock. What most people don't think about is how a lot of the older classics don't handle the heat of bumper to bumper grid lock well.

Plus, I agree with you. If you're able to, use the back roads to go to, and enjoy, the cruise. People aren't there to see you in your 2002 Corolla. I'm sure it's nice and you really like it. But that's not what people are there for.

Shows and meets (like the Nats) are different. They usually have categories for the various cars. Which includes more modern models. But the Woodward Dream Cruise is supposed to be for classic cars. Not some guy in his Escalade. The ones that really make me laugh are the guys that show up in things like a $100,000 BMW. Just to show off how rich he is.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 AM

lol, the title of this really caught my eye.

Unfortunately, you can't win everyone's respect, try as you might =/

Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

True. You can't please everyone.

I do agree with the root of this woman's comment. Cruising is for everyone. But 99% of the people there are not there to see a 2000.. anything. They come to see the classic cars. Which most 1990s vehicles do not fall in, either. Some would scoff is I showed up in my 1986 LS Monte. So even the 1980s vehicles may not get much respect at an event such as this?

I can remember laughing at the 1970s vehicles that used to show up at car shows. Cause in the 1980s, they were just used cars.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

title caught my eye too thought maybe you where talking about a wife or girlfriend that didnt understand your obsesion with your car. (Mine is learning)

Old 06-24-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by rj
I can remember laughing at the 1970s vehicles that used to show up at car shows. Cause in the 1980s, they were just used cars.

And that is why I am keeping my Monte. Cause one day.... I can't possibly be alone in this?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by rj
They come to see the classic cars. Which most 1990s vehicles do not fall in, either. Some would scoff is I showed up in my 1986 LS Monte. So even the 1980s vehicles may not get much respect at an event such as this?
I get the same thing at some shows I attend, until they realize what this Aerocoupe is and they figure out that in many cases, it is more rare than the classic they brought.....

Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
And that is why I am keeping my Monte. Cause one day.... I can't possibly be alone in this?
No. You're not alone in that thinking. It may take 20 more years or so, but I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to say I'm the original owner of this classic 2004 Monte Carlo SS.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:57 PM

some people just dont understand whats going on them around and how much they are ruining it for everyone and then when its gone they cry that its gone but they killed it