General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

well shes getting old

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 01:14 AM
Default well shes getting old

lately my monte's oil tempature has been rising above normal, i aslo hear the fans come on and if im at a red light long enuf it starts to go into the red, and i have to pull over and turn the car off, only to still hear the fans running. i checked the coolant level and its fine, i dont know what else to check. i still have warranty so thats good but now i have to go through the trouble of taking out my CAI and spark plug wires and crap. And if thats not bad enuf i was driving today and the car was running just fine when all of a sudden the car started shifting very roughly. i was reading a post and some of you guys were talking about your montes hitting hard when shifting gears. my car's never done that, it shift's noticably hard now and thats a big prob cuz now were talkin transmission.

what do you guys think is triggering the high oil temp, and if anybody can explain the hard knocking tranny that would be great. please guys, ANY help is appreciated.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Default RE: well shes getting old

im thinking its one of the gaskets....my did something similar to this... and its just over 1000 dollars to get it fixed