Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Nice Platform 4 a 2011 Monte Carlo ? : )

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:03 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I said it elsewhere somewhere on here the other day... and I'll say it again.

I'd rather the Monte's legacy remain waht it is and untainted than for Chevrolet to simply give us a Monte Carlo in the form of something other than a sporty, two door coupe with some luxury to it. What if Chevrolet redesigned the Cobalt and named it the Monte Carlo? We would probably deem it unworthy of the badge. I tend to see things more in shades of gray, but on this, I'm more black and white. Either do it right, or let the Monte Carlo name plate rest in peace......

We miss you Monte Carlo... but we don't want you to come back and suffer. It's better that you be remembered for what you were than to be have your reputation ruined!

Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Well I said it elsewhere somewhere on here the other day... and I'll say it again.

I'd rather the Monte's legacy remain waht it is and untainted than for Chevrolet to simply give us a Monte Carlo in the form of something other than a sporty, two door coupe with some luxury to it. What if Chevrolet redesigned the Cobalt and named it the Monte Carlo? We would probably deem it unworthy of the badge. I tend to see things more in shades of gray, but on this, I'm more black and white. Either do it right, or let the Monte Carlo name plate rest in peace......

We miss you Monte Carlo... but we don't want you to come back and suffer. It's better that you be remembered for what you were than to be have your reputation ruined!
true dat! i mean i would love for it to come back but id rather it not come back if they are just going to ruin it. nicely said.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:12 AM

Lest the Monty not suffer the NOVA fate. The last gen of the NOVA looked, and drove, like total trash.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:20 AM

5 Year Member

I could be wrong... any of you older guys remember the Charger from 1980's?

The last year of the Chevelle and the GTO were bad too.

73 Chevelle

73 GTO

How many of us think of these cars when we think of the Charger, Chevelle, and the GTO?

It's funny how we only remember the good times. In the long run, maybe a new economy car with a Monte Carlo badge would be okay.... for sales figures. But it would be long forgotten, tossed to the way side and disregarded. It may not tarnish the Monte Carlo name as long as it doesn't go on too long, but it wouldn't really matter that it was built. It could only hurt the name, and it could not help it at all.

I guess my point in all of this is.... you could get what you want, but you probably wouldn't be happy with it.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yea, i'd rather see it NOT come back, then come back as a little economy type car...

Old 12-09-2009, 10:37 AM

I seem to recall, correct me if I'm wrong, other older then dirt members, didn't GM think about bringing back the GTO name plate in the early to mid 80's as basically a package on the Grand Am? I remember seeing a picture and hearing about it but don't know if it was a concept or if my brain farted again.

And Duane your right about the time frame on the Charger, knew a girl that owned, I believe an 86 Charger... Not that performance edition packing the 2.2 though! :-P

Old 12-09-2009, 05:44 PM

if they can't make a car true to the Monte Carlo's legacy, then they should not make one at all, I say. It's better that it's legacy remain untainted rather than just slapping it's name badge on a lack luster car.
*cough*GTO*cough*

Old 12-09-2009, 08:55 PM

5 Year Member

well the GTO of 2004-2006? was a power packing two door sporty car.... some called it a sunfire on steroids, but it was still a fast, powerful car. it came along after the Firebird left us and Pontiac's most sporty car was a supercharged GTP front wheel drive grand prix. Chevrolet has a Corvette and Camaro. There is just no room for a "proper" Monte Carlo!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 PM

There's always room for a Monty! It's bad enough that pontiac is going the way of the firebird, but the MONTY? It's a crying shame. Maybe Cadillac could pick up the Monty name, Olds?, Buick? Anyone? The sad thing is that the Monte Carlo name and logo were way cool and now they are gone forever, and it's up to us owners to keep it alive.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Member's for all your post/comments
We EnJoyed read'in your views.
Below are more pic's
Source below

Six 6 Speed : ) WoW I luv `it : )
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Picture Gallery

Click above link 2 view more
Vew Edmunds.com 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Picture Gallery of high resolution photos.
www.edmunds.com/cadillac/ctscoupe/2011/picturearchive.html - Cached - Similar

Enlarge Photo
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Front 3/4

Enlarge Photo
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Rear 3/4

Enlarge Photo
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Interior

Enlarge Photo
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Rear Interior

Enlarge Photo
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Side

Enlarge Photo
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Wheel

Enlarge Photo
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Gauges

Enlarge Photo
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Center Console
If pic's don't enlarge, go to above link & click `ok
EnJoy the beauty of a SUPERSUPER American Made Hot Rod : )

Last edited by Space; 12-10-2009 at 05:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Nice Platform 4 a 2011 Monte Carlo ? : )