Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New RWD line up for GM

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New RWD line up for GM

~ L I N K ~

Sadly it took the success of the new rustang to make it happen.

Another thing that has been on my mind is this "You Pay What We Pay" sales event. Will this cause a sales vacuum for GM after the sale? This was a smart move to keep production rocking along but it just seems like odd timing and a desperate move to generate sales.

So what do you guys think the new RWD line up will be? Camaro? Chevelle? Monte Carlo?

TVW

Old 06-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Default RE: New RWD line up for GM

I wonder if they are going to try the retro look like ford did. I'd like to see a 70 Chevelle SS or 69 Z-28 type RWD with big HP. Bring back the Big Block or at least the SB 427 thats in the '05 vette now!

Old 06-28-2005, 04:27 PM

That would be cool.. Just keep in mind though...... HP=More $$$$ out of your pocket. I would be happy with a 300-400 RWD platform that stays in the low to mid 30K range.

Although I am not much of a Ford man, this new Mustang looks like it was another Ford homerun. Dunno why but none the less they are selling. I think this is why I am attracted to the GTO as I am.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:20 PM

i have heard for the last few years since the camaro dies\d in 02 that they were talking about bringing it back in 05 as a retro to teh 69 SS rag top and coupe i would take ethier one in a heart beat, I think the chvelle is a gonner at least right now but who knows i thought i would never hear those wors again "man that is the new Goat?"
and im hearing it all the time,

Man i would hate to have to coem back to the states to get my new retro camaro sent over seas right away LOL
but then again let me know if you hear of testing happening over here i dont live but a hour from thier test track here in Germany.And i have a camera ! LOL

Old 06-29-2005, 02:37 AM

seriously doubt the camaro will come back for 07, and i would be surprised if they made it retro. as far as the chevelle goes, doubt that too, but both would be nice

so far looks like the Monte SS is gonna go RWD next year right?

Old 06-29-2005, 04:29 AM

i'd like to see them bring back the rwd in the monte

Old 06-29-2005, 07:43 AM

not to sure about it but yeah i am not holding my hopes up to high to see the retro Camaro or the chevell to make another round. But then again they have brang back other names due to demand. the beloved monte carlo took a leave of absents to a few years back they made it a lumina yeah i think they felt the pain of that one to.

but i would love to see them get thier head out of thie *** .

but with the rustang doing as well as it has and also the retro t-bird they are looking hard at both of those and gettign a beatting each time LOL

so we will see what happens
if i can get some time for a road trip i might have to go see what they are doign at the testing grounds for a day or two might have somethign of intreast there

Old 06-29-2005, 10:36 AM

seriously doubt the camaro will come back for 07, and i would be surprised if they made it retro. as far as the chevelle goes, doubt that too, but both would be nice

so far looks like the Monte SS is gonna go RWD next year right?
Next year is the FWD V8 for the Monte.... I am guessing 2008/2009 we will see the RWD line up. I think I am going to hold out for a new car till then just to see what GM comes up with. Maybe by then the GTO will have taken on a new look as well.

TVW

Old 06-29-2005, 11:26 AM

hell i dont know t\right now i would love to see anythgn that is a V-8 rwd com back to thier line up

it is really bad they seem to take it to extrems with stuff like this . When the fwd came out they had all rwd and didnt think twice about trying to prove to everyone how good the fwd is/was,

Now they are thinking of goign back to rwd what is next the model T again?

just wish they would leave well enough alone on some things GM has a tendency to take a car that is selling well then cut them out of the line up with the thinking let it go while on top

other then the vet the camaro was the longes runnign car chevy ahd and they cut it out that was a dumb mistake in my eyes but hey the camaro guys are loving it right now. thier value went up 10times over night in 02.

Hell as far as im concernd take the monte out of production and retier the line permaently makes my car woirth more not only to me but for resale also/

im not impressed with this new desing at all If i wanted a racey cad. i would go buy a real sts.
sorry guys they killed it for me with the new style I would liek to see the camaro come back or the chevell both would be a good choice and both have a cult following that would give thier i teeth for a new one that looked good .

i would love to get a retro Camaro that was simular to my old one i had but i dont see them making a 68 rs/ss anymore and i really dont see the 396 comming back in them if they do it.

so the good cars days are numberd. and my loved monte carlos days will be the best i can make of them till i have to tear it apart and do a full resto on it. but then this is why im buying some parts that i know will be hard to come by latter and also hard to find. IE (weather stripping for the sun roof and the doors. and a trucnk gasket.
might be over kill but at least i know i have them when needed. and if not there is always Ebay LOL

Old 06-29-2005, 03:55 PM

It will be interesting to see how the 2006 Monte does, this may be another Buick story for the Monte. Does anyone know anything about the POD system that will be on the V8 FWD Monte? More electronics, that's all we need.....
[sm=headbang.gif]

Quick Reply: New RWD line up for GM