Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The NEW Look

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by 04 Intimidator
Yeah, Taz fixed mine as well. He's a real asset to this site.

definitely!! he's been great through this "new look" transition, i'm sure he's got better things to do than resize and get people's avatars working and being the middle man between us and the admins. Lou you rock, thanks for all your help in the last couple of days!!

Old 03-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for compliments. Very much appreciated.

What I'd like to know Jamie Lynn is how did you get your sig pic to work? I've been attempting to get people's sigs to work with no luck so far. My sig pic was already working after the techs did the software change. Along with a couple others who got extremely lucky too.

So how did you do it? I'm sure a lot of others would like to know as well.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:10 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am really getting frustrated! I still can't get into my User CP to upload a smaller sig I created.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
What I'd like to know Jamie Lynn is how did you get your sig pic to work? I've been attempting to get people's sigs to work with no luck so far. My sig pic was already working after the techs did the software change. Along with a couple others who got extremely lucky too.

^ What he said. I uploaded mine and it shows in the CP but not in my posts.

Originally Posted by 04 Intimidator
AH HA!!! Found some fixes for the forum lists.

First to fix a topic that only shows 10 posts so you can see more and get a longer history. Click on User CP in the blue bar at the top, Under Settings and Options click on Edit Options.

Scroll down to Thread Display Options. Here I selected:

Thread Display Mode: Linear - Oldest First
Number of Posts per Page: Show 30 Posts per Page (This is a bit overkill, you may want 20)
Default Thread Age Cutoff: Show threads from last month.

Under Miscellaneous Options (at the very bottom) I selected Enhanced interface - this allowed better editing.

This really helped me make the site more like the last one.
Same here but now the threads are sorted by title and I have to go down each time and change that, is yours working different?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:20 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I took 04 Intimidator's suggestion and click the stop button in Firefox to finally get into my user cp. My photobucket sig didn't work so I uploaded it from my computer and that seemed to do the trick. WooHoo

Old 03-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Thanks for compliments. Very much appreciated.
and much deserved.

Originally Posted by Taz

ok here is what i did (i have the User CP page open in another tab so i can tell you exactly...)

*go into the User CP and click on Edit signature (before you get the security token error message of death, of course )
*underneath the "Edit Signature" box is a new box as of today that says "Signature Picture". there are two options here, you can link to the photo directly from a website (says "Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website") and there is a box underneath to enter the URL. OR (what I did) you can do option 2, upload image from your computer. this is what I did, since I have the image saved on my hard drive. there is a "browse" button, you find your pic and underneath there is an upload button.
*i then clicked on preview signature, although it still didn't seem to work. the photo itself uploaded in the "signature picture" box, but in the signature preview section, it still just showed the link i originally had to my photobucket picture. NEXT TO the photo itself, there is a link that you can click that says "Insert Signature Picture". I clicked on this and in the box above, it put [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC] in the text box (where you type the stuff under your signature).
*so what I did was just remove the [IMG] and [/IMG] from the link to the photobucket image, and replaced those with the [SIGPIC] ones.
*then clicked on preview signature and voila, there it was.

i hope this helps, it does specify the size that your photo has to adhere to (Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 250 pixels or 9.54 MB (whichever is smaller). &nbsp mine is 533 x 400, but it is only 376 kb. so as long as it falls under one of those two you should be able to do it.

good luck guys!!!

edit - i don't know if you have to maybe upload your pic first from your hard drive and THEN it'll show the photo underneath your "edit signature" option. that's just how i did it. you can always try to just use the [SIGPIC] options before and after your link to your photobucket image.

Last edited by ChevySSGirl; 03-09-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

WOO HOO!!! I got Space's sig pic to work. (dancing around in celebration)

Jamie Lynn I could kiss you. I've spent the better part of two days trying to figure that out. As soon as I changed [IMG] to [SIGPIC], it worked right away. Even with Space's pic being linked from photobucket.

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
WOO HOO!!! I got Space's sig pic to work. (dancing around in celebration)

Jamie Lynn I could kiss you. I've spent the better part of two days trying to figure that out. As soon as I changed [IMG] to [SIGPIC], it worked right away. Even with Space's pic being linked from photobucket.

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

hahaha, well you are very welcome. i'm glad it worked and that i could help. and i'm glad you got space's to work! i miss hearing from him around here.

*mwah* right back atcha

Old 03-09-2009, 09:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Woohoo!!.. I got sig!!!

You rock!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 PM

yay!! i'm glad they're working and the admins finally got this option taken care of. i've pretty much gotten used to the new format and i'm sure it's just a matter of time till everyone else does as well if not already.

i do miss the huge list of smilies we had to choose from though!!!

Quick Reply: The NEW Look