Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>NAME this Ride (?) What make, year, model is this (?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 1958 Stepside Custom Cab Long Box

This was the ride I drove to College everyday and I use to work, I tried to find a job but really struggled and one day we came up with the idea that we put an add in the paper and called it "Have Truck will do Hauling" now I became the young picker you might say I cleaned out garages and stuff, hauled it all away.
Then it's back to College and one day I was done there and went to see if I could catch up with my Dad, he worked at the Dairy I told about in the little milk truck name this ride awhile back. Anyway on the way there I spotted 2 girls walking along the street. I recognized the one girl she used to sit by me in High School junior year, Senior year I never saw her she must have move away. So I round the block pull up and asked them if they needed a ride. She remembered me and I drove her home. This was in 1969 she was wearing a sweater, slim skirt, seamed stockings and High heels. She used to dress that way in High School too. That's how I recognized her/ I drove her and her friend to her house, it was about 2.5 miles yet. Not the best outfit for walking, anyway once there she invited me in and I didn't want to go, but did. She wanted me to stay for dinner and meet her Mom, I said oh that would be to much of an imposition, she insisted. I told her I needed to pickup my Dad and take him home. She said lets go see your Dad and we did, she told him I was going to stay for Dinner. He said that was fine he had driven that morning to work anyway. She told him he (meaning me) probably won't be home tonight? Oh, oh I was in trouble.
We had a very good relationship for a couple of years, she was a very nau***y girl.

Attached Thumbnails >NAME this Ride (?) What make, year, model is this (?)-1958s18.jpg  
Old 05-29-2014, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Default At first look

Originally Posted by SpaceRider

Thanks Drivernumber 3 for your updated infor...Plus, you are getting great at posting 4>Sure....Thanks for your posts & playing
==============================================

New Mystery Car ?
What year/make/model is the below ? ?

What engine did it have ?
Did it have a V8 ?
How many speed transmission ?

Bonus points `if U know ?
At first look I thought this was a Chevy Chevette, however this thing is a Chevy Citation probably a 1984-85 this is the Sport Coupe model they made a performance version I recall, called and X-10 maybe this was a front wheel drive vehicle it sported a V-6 and most had Automatics. I did see one with a 5 speed in it. They were used as company cars for the people I worked for and a few of the salesmen had them, the gas mileage was medioquare at best. I saw a V-8 rear wheel drive custom of this at the Drag strip once. It would fly, but it was a hand full. Hang the blank on!!

Old 05-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2014, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Another Winner

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
At first look I thought this was a Chevy Chevette, however this thing is a Chevy Citation probably a 1984-85 this is the Sport Coupe model they made a performance version I recall, called and X-10 maybe this was a front wheel drive vehicle it sported a V-6 and most had Automatics. I did see one with a 5 speed in it. They were used as company cars for the people I worked for and a few of the salesmen had them, the gas mileage was medioquare at best. I saw a V-8 rear wheel drive custom of this at the Drag strip once. It would fly, but it was a hand full. Hang the blank on!!

You sure know you cars/vehicles...
You are the Winner (again) Congrat's
The One I posted stated it was a 1981 (but they all look the same 2 me...LOL.
Below is some good information on the Chevy Citation..

I thought that you & some member's would EnJoy (?)
Lost Cars of the 1980s – Chevrolet Citation X-11

1982 Chevrolet Citation X-11 three-door hatchback. All photos courtesy GM Media Archives.
Chevrolet’s X-bodied Citation compact, launched as a 1980 model, had all the makings of a potential sales hit for General Motors. Not only did the Citation offer a variety of body styles (including a two-door notchback, a three-door hatchback and a five-door hatchback), but it also served up a fuel-efficient four-cylinder engine (or available V-6 options) and the packaging advantages of front-wheel drive, which was pitched to the American consumer as offering superior traction in rain and snow. A sporty version dubbed the X-11 was also produced, and Chevrolet would soon transform this model from a stripe-and-gauge-package pretender to a legitimate front-drive performance car.
Launched with the rest of the Citation line in 1980, the Citation X-11 was available only in two-door notchback (club coupe) or three-door hatchback variants (officially, the two-door hatchback coupe). First-year X-11 models made do with the same engines available in other Citation models, including the 2.5-liter “Iron Duke” four-cylinder (rated at 90 horsepower) or the 2.8-liter V-6 that was good for 115 horsepower. A four-speed manual transmission was standard, but buyers could also choose a three-speed automatic as an available option.

1980 Citation X-11 club coupe.
Aside from sport mirrors, exterior X-11 trim and special instrumentation, the original X-11 also received revised transmission gearing, a “sport tuned” suspension that included stiffer springs, firmer dampers and front and rear anti-roll bars. While that wasn’t much to lure driving enthusiasts (or showroom stock racers) into Chevrolet dealerships, the automaker was working on a far more substantial version of the Citation X-11 for the 1981 model year.
The first clues that the 1981 Citation X-11 took performance seriously were its obvious hood bulge (badged with “High Output V-6″) and its stylish aluminum allow wheels. Underneath the non-functional hood scoop, the X-11 packed a high-output 2.8-liter V-6, unique to the model. Output was raised to 135 horsepower and 165-lbs.ft. of torque, which was good enough to give the car a 0-60 MPH time of around 8.5 seconds when equipped with the four-speed manual transmission.

1980 Citation X-11 interior.
Inside, the Chevrolet Citation X-11 served up the expected amenities, such as an instrument panel that included a five-gauge cluster, a leather-wrapped sport steering wheel, cloth bucket seats and an available console package and console-mounted shifter for those choosing automatic transmission X-11 models. Luxury amenities such as leather seating and automatic climate control weren’t offered, further testament to the X-11′s affordable-price-point mission.
Underneath, the X-11 received the F41 Sport Suspension (tuned by none other than racer John Heinricy), which featured revised shock absorbers and stiffer anti-roll bars. From the 1982 model year, all Citation models (including the X-11) had the steering rack relocated from the firewall to the front suspension subframe, helping to improve steering precision and reliability. Coupled with the low-profile (60-series) Goodyear Eagle GT tires, the package transformed the X-11 from “sporty” to serious despite the car’s beam rear axle; as if to prove this point, the 1981 Citation X-11 delivered Chevrolet (and driver Bob McConnell) SCCA Showroom Stock B championships in 1982 and in 1984.

1981 model, showing the parts unique to the X-11 variant.
Engine management was revised to meet stricter emission standards for the 1982 model year, and torque output from the X-11′s 2.8-liter V-6 dropped from 165-lbs.ft. to 145-lbs.ft. Accordingly, performance suffered, with the run from 0-60 MPH now taking 0.7 seconds longer than it did in the 1981 version.
The X-11 soldiered on with few significant changes until 1984, when it was renamed the Chevrolet Citation II X-11 for marketing reasons. In 1985, Chevrolet dropped the two-barrel carburetor from the X-11′s 2.8-liter V-6, replacing it with multi-port fuel-injection. Though this may have added precision to the fuel delivery, it did nothing to increase the X-11′s performance. A gain of 10-lbs.ft. of torque was offset by a loss of five horsepower, and the 1985 X-11 was only produced with the three-speed automatic transmission (although the four-speed manual was still listed as an available option). The run from 0-60 now took 9.6 seconds, and the X-11 had seemingly come full circle; despite its fuel injection and performance-oriented suspension, the car once again fell into the dreaded “sporty” column.

1981 Citation X-11 hatchback. Note the hood bulge with High Output V-6 badging.
In 1986, the Citation was gone from Chevrolet’s lineup, replaced by the Beretta coupe and the Corsica sedan and hatchback. Sales of all Citation models had fallen dramatically since the car’s 1980 launch, due largely to build quality issues with initial production and a series of highly publicized recalls. Early examples were recalled no less than nine times, and given that Chevrolet sold some 811,000 examples in the Citation’s first (extended) model year, many of the cars on the road fell into this category. Though the Vega has often been criticized as the car that killed public confidence in Chevrolet (and, to some degree, General Motors), the same can be said about the Citation. In fact, Chevrolet’s 1984 attempt at transitioning the car’s name from Citation to Citation II was a thinly veiled message to American consumers that the car’s problems had been resolved, but it did little to boost sales in the car’s waning years.
Of the 1.64 million Citation models built between 1979 and 1985, only 20,574 were in X-11 trim, meaning that surviving examples are a rare sight today. As the first front-wheel-drive car with performance aspirations from an American manufacturer, the Chevrolet Citation X-11 should enjoy a place in motoring history, but instead has been all but forgotten by automobile enthusiasts (aside from the X-11 faithful). Chevrolet went on to build many other memorable performance-oriented front-drivers (such as the Beretta GTZ and the Cobalt SS), and none would have been possible without the lessons learned from the Citation X-11.

BONUS > RWD Citation (lol)

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-29-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Question New Ride > New Game

Name the Year/Make/Model ?
What is it ?

Old 05-29-2014, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Default Lincoln

Name the Year/Make/Model ?
What is it ?
This is a wild guess at the year but I am thinking 1975 Lincoln continental 4 door hardtop with suicide doors this one is a bit customized in the front.
You can land an F-14 Tomcat on the hood without the arresting cables and still get it stopped.
I have a friend who owns a pink one in a 2 door Mark VII and she wanted to change the water pump in it and thought she could do it. She was willing but didn't have the expertise, she just suckered me into doing the repair. She is so little that I had to check to see where she was before I closed the Hood to make sure she didn't get caught in there. They are as heavy as an Aircraft carrier too.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:17 AM
Thumbs up >winner again<

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
This is a wild guess at the year but I am thinking 1975 Lincoln continental 4 door hardtop with suicide doors this one is a bit customized in the front.
You can land an F-14 Tomcat on the hood without the arresting cables and still get it stopped.
I have a friend who owns a pink one in a 2 door Mark VII and she wanted to change the water pump in it and thought she could do it. She was willing but didn't have the expertise, she just suckered me into doing the repair. She is so little that I had to check to see where she was before I closed the Hood to make sure she didn't get caught in there. They are as heavy as an Aircraft carrier too.

Member Drivernumber 3 Wins again > Congrat's
I thought the custom work would make it more difficult..
This one is a 1970 Continental (Some wild rides back then)
Below is my source:
Lincolns for Today and Tomorrow (and a short treatise on my obsession with typography)

Detail of a 'kinetic design' Lincoln Town Car. This car was designed a few years ago. This rendering was to simulate the car at the clay model stage, ready for review. I'm already a bit tired of 'kinetic design,' lol. This could have been cutting edge for the marque 3 years ago. Click on each photo to enlarge and see in detail.

Mid-size AWD Lincoln MKE would replace Fusion-based MKZ.

All new, and I mean it, AWD compact Lincoln CrossStar 5 door hatch. The two rear doors would be 'access hatches' and would enlarge the opening to the rear seat, but only after the front doors were opened. They would be electronically opened activated by the keyfob, as would the rear hatch. No matter what the size of future Lincolns, they would be FILLED with electronics, full connectivity and luxurious materials.

A new Lincoln Mark coupe, based on the MKT crossover.

Ultra Lux Mark crossover coupe that goes in an ENTIRELY new direction. Chop based on the Aston Martin Lagonda concept.

I posted this chop with a shorter trunk a couple of weeks ago, but the longer version fits in with this category so well, here it is. A new full-length Town Car based on the MKT Ecoboost crossover.

From the Past: Slinkin' Lincoln

Old-School Kustom 1970 Continental, my Slinkin' Lincoln. Although one NEVER sees a 1970-71 Lincoln these days, with the exception of the Mark III, I've been in love with the clean lines of the this series since they were introduced. If they only had suicide rear doors they'd be PERFECT, lol. I chopped the roof, extended the grille, removed the B pillar, "fixed" the doors so they'd open properly, and cleaned up a bit of trim. If I was Chip Foose, I'd build this car NOW!

it... As usual.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-30-2014 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:36 AM

OK Member's,
Whose next to post a Mystery Car picture ?
What year/made/model ?

^ I don't know what it is > I just posted it to get your attention & to post a vehicle (lol)

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-30-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Maybe a 63 thunderbird concept car?

Old 05-30-2014, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member
Default I am going to agree with Butch

OK Member's,
Whose next to post a Mystery Car picture ?
What year/made/model ?

^ I don't know what it is > I just posted it to get your attention & to post a vehicle (lol)
There is a new Movie coming out about Space Ghost remember the cartoon, anyway Chuck Barris's inter-dimensional self the Anti- Chuck Barris designed this for the Movie. That is what happens when you screw up the Space time Continum!! This one is just a prop though!

Quick Reply: >NAME this Ride (?) What make, year, model is this (?)