Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Trip to Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
In OHIO they have a drive thru Liquor store , You drive in one door an out the other door.. ,You don't get out of your car..
I drove my 1940 Chevy in that Liquor store an bought Beer they ask if you have a cooler ., Then they put the Beer in cooler with ice..

NICE Pics Looks like a good time..
ya you guys in Ohio got it made....hehehehehe!

We have cow to car here...they hand your order to you thru your window...

The store has 2 slideing glass doors..one on each side ...

Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Looks like you got to have a little fun on your work trip. Those pool tables are Valley tables that were at one time manufactured right here in my hometown of Bay City Mi. They sold out to Brunswick years ago.
Valley pool tables are good ones. We actually have an old 1960 Model 850 Valley pool table in our house. Says Bay City, Michigan right on the logo on the side. It used to be an old coin-operated pool hall table that my Grandpa got a hold of in the 70's I think. We moved from my Grandpa's house to our's a few years ago and had it resurfaced. I also found a Valley dealer in Livonia and bought new corner pockets because the original ones were dry rotted. It was originally covered with green felt and had green pockets. We recovered it in maroon felt and added new black corner pockets. It looks sharp now.

Originally Posted by zjerry
In OHIO they have a drive thru Liquor store , You drive in one door an out the other door.. ,You don't get out of your car..
I drove my 1940 Chevy in that Liquor store an bought Beer they ask if you have a cooler ., Then they put the Beer in cooler with ice..

NICE Pics Looks like a good time..
Yep Oxxo has drive thru windows. This was the first time I've ever seen that in a convenience store actually. I just find it a bit odd that you can roll up to a window and buy beer.

Originally Posted by Space
Thanks `Matt 4 posting/sharing ~> EnJoyed...

Did you visit the Ford Plant where they make the Fusion/Lincoln ?

Did you feel safe in the city ?
I didn't visit the Ford plant but Hermosillo tends to be filled with people from Michigan because of that exact Ford plant. We ran into quite a few guys from Ford down there.

I actually did feel pretty safe while we were down there. We were on an eight lane boulevard and walked up and down the street at night quite a bit and never had any problems other than a few children asking for money. The police tend to be quite a bit more of a presence down there. Never really felt like we went more than a minute without seeing a federal or municipal police roll by.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 PM

Thanks `Matt 4- your reply. I hope someday to explore Mexico & it's great to read some positive words...I know that they get bad press from the bad people...But the Bad wouldn't be supplying drugs `to the USA `if there wasn't a demand

I think `if I was a Mexican kid & could not find work or food, I'd be doing my best to get to the USA 4-Sure ~> wouldn't you ?

The home of the `brave & the free ?
I do hope that we can get leaders to make it better for `all..

"The above message has been approved by `Space"