Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Monte's Nickname story...what's yours?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Duane, and thank you for posting!

Lisa

Old 07-01-2010, 04:07 PM

my monte carlos name is prolly one of the lamest haha its monte

Old 07-04-2010, 03:15 PM

bump....

Old 07-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by z34_98blue
my monte carlos name is prolly one of the lamest haha its monte
X2, when I bought my monte I took it up to show my daughter and she named it "monte" and then she said in a few years when she turns 16 that I could give the car to her

Old 07-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
X2, when I bought my monte I took it up to show my daughter and she named it "monte" and then she said in a few years when she turns 16 that I could give the car to her
So are you??? lol

Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
So are you??? lol

I'll let you know in 2 years :p

Old 07-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

I currantly call mine the bomber becuase when it ran it had a stock 305 with single exhaust that exited the pass side with just a cherry bomb, looks a bit beat up so it looks like it should be in the 305 Bomber class at the local circle track but when i put the motor back in i'll probablt be called the DeathBox idk y i just like that name, plus i'm working on getting a skull to replace where the original hood arnimant goes as mine had dissiapeared befor it was mine.... and i have a skull ashtray mounted to the trans hump,

Old 07-04-2010, 11:03 PM

Well, first off mine is named the "granny getter" and it kinda a funny story. You'll all get a kick out of this one. If started the day me and my wife got our wonderful car.

So we went to the dealership that was having this HUGE sale not knowing what we were wanting (my wife had it set in her mind she wanted this car, but I was wanting to look around more). And we were looking at different cars and such when we saw it, THE MONTE!. We asked how much and was like YEP, its out new car. And here is where it gets funny, my brother in law (who came with for some reason) got on our asses about how these cars are the biggest pieces on the road these days and to get somthing different, its gonna be a money bucket, you're getting ripped off, you need to get this little cobalt here (which was what he has) or "hey little ford focus dude, good on gas?" ( he was of course jealous cause his car is a piece. and we were getting this bad *** car that his couldnt compare to) But after a half hour of him emmbarassing us with all of his remarks, BTW, he thought he was the BIG man at the dealership, thought he knew what he was talking about, and thought he sounded intelligent... NOT!! You should have heard this kid, "man that F'in thing is "gay"". "You (talking to the dealer himself) need to tell them to buy somthing else "man"." Then the dealer goes to get the keys for out test drive and he starts whispering to us "you're getting ripped off" "You need to get one of those focus's or the mini van over there, dont get that monte carlo".
But anyway, when it was all said and done and we were home with out new car, his jealous *** started in on us again, "So, when you guys gonna ditch the GRANNY GETTER and get a nice reliable car??" So ever since then, we've cockily refered to our car as the granny getter. So, what do you think of that one. What would any of you done in that situation??
And just to add insult to injury, when we got out rims (Ill use "N" instead of the highly offensive remark he made) This really got to me and my wife. We got the rims and instany the jealousy set in again and the N-BOMB started flying here and there, trying to get us to get rid of them!! Ever heard of somone SOOOOO jealous??

Old 07-05-2010, 10:45 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I think you've got a cool car.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by rj
I think you've got a cool car.
Me????

Quick Reply: My Monte's Nickname story...what's yours?