Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Monte's Nickname story...what's yours?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:41 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lisa, sorry to read about your mother. My girlfriend Debbie just lost her's a few weeks ago. She was telling me this past friday, "I had a dream about mom." I told her I was very sorry. But there is no way around what she is going through. She has to live it or it will just show up at another point in her life. I try my best to be there for Debbie. To support her.

None of our cars have a nickname. A name yes, but not a nickname.

'81 LC Monte - Monte (obvious right?)
'86 LS Monte - Carlo (That's original)
'03 Pace car - MJ (Monte Junior)
'06 LTZ - CJ (Carlo Junior)

Old 06-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Originally Posted by rj
Lisa, sorry to read about your mother. My girlfriend Debbie just lost her's a few weeks ago. She was telling me this past friday, "I had a dream about mom." I told her I was very sorry. But there is no way around what she is going through. She has to live it or it will just show up at another point in her life. I try my best to be there for Debbie. To support her.

None of our cars have a nickname. A name yes, but not a nickname.

'81 LC Monte - Monte (obvious right?)
'86 LS Monte - Carlo (That's original)
'03 Pace car - MJ (Monte Junior)
'06 LTZ - CJ (Carlo Junior)
Thanks rj. Tell your girlfriend I am sorry for her loss. The pain never goes away. Nothing like the loss of your mother. 5 years for me and it's still hard.

Lisa

Old 06-29-2010, 07:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Sorry to hear about your Mother Lisa, that is a very touching story and fitting name...

I call my Monte the Grim Reaper as I think he just looks plain evil...although most now call him the giggler due to the sound the car makes when I let off the pedal...

Joe

Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Montess2k
Sorry to hear about your Mother Lisa, that is a very touching story and fitting name...

I call my Monte the Grim Reaper as I think he just looks plain evil...although most now call him the giggler due to the sound the car makes when I let off the pedal...

Joe
Love your car Joe! Can't wait to see it in person and get a pic of the 2 together! I will have to check out that giggler, lol.

Lisa

Old 06-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
Thanks rj. Tell your girlfriend I am sorry for her loss. The pain never goes away. Nothing like the loss of your mother. 5 years for me and it's still hard.

Lisa
I lost my Mom when I was really young. Didn't really have a chance to get to know her. Sorry for your loss Lisa.

My Monte doesn't really have a nick-name either. Being a Dale Jr edition, you'd think it would be "Dale" or something Earnhardt related. But I just call it, "The Monte".

Old 06-29-2010, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
I lost my Mom when I was really young. Didn't really have a chance to get to know her. Sorry for your loss Lisa.

My Monte doesn't really have a nick-name either. Being a Dale Jr edition, you'd think it would be "Dale" or something Earnhardt related. But I just call it, "The Monte".
Sorry about your mom Lou. I see people with garages and albums on here with names for their cars that I wonder about but those people aren't replying here, lol. I thought it would be a good sticky thread.

Lisa

Old 06-29-2010, 02:13 PM

LuSe4 because it has a LS4 in it and it is all black and evil looking! (Lucifer)

I really wanted "Monte Burns" or "Mr. Burns", but someone else already had it, ha ha!

Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by LuSe4
LuSe4 because it has a LS4 in it and it is all black and evil looking! (Lucifer)

I really wanted "Monte Burns" or "Mr. Burns", but someone else already had it, ha ha!
Pretty cool! I like it, lol! Thank you for sharing!

Lisa

Old 06-29-2010, 02:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Originally Posted by Montelicious
Love your car Joe! Can't wait to see it in person and get a pic of the 2 together! I will have to check out that giggler, lol.

Lisa
Sounds good! Hopefully it happens one of these days, I don't know when I'll be in South Jersey again probably for the Pumkin Run, although that maybe with Sylver...the GTO...

Joe

Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I had my Monte for 3 years before it ended up inheriting the nick name "old faithful."

The reason is that shortly after getting the Monte Carlo, my grandfather brought up the '50 Chevy pickup truck that we restored. It runs good, don't get me wrong, but it's blown a few light bulbs, had one electrical issue, and the fuel filter keeps stopping up and you have to clean it out every couple of hundred miles. We just never have gotten around to pulling the fuel tank and trying to seal it, because the fuel tank is such a witch to get out of there.

My '68 Torino has been about 540 miles so far. It still needs a little carburetor adjusting, the points and condensers burned up one day on the road (from keeping the key on trying to get some electrical stuff figured out and forgetting to unplug the coil), and it's been fun trying to get the fit and finish right on the door bumpers and catches so that the hood doesn't floor, plus we're still trying to sort out a grounding issue that sometimes causes my brake lights to back feed into the dash on occasion, and on other occassions my brake lights come on as the tail light. A lot of the time, it works fine.

So due to these incidents, the Monte Carlo earned the name "Old Faithful" for taking me 30,000 miles with only one break down, the a/c went out a month after I bought it in about April of '07. Otherwise, the only thing that have been done to it are filter and oil changes.

Thank you for sharing the story of dedicating the car to your mother. I am glad that you have many fond memories to carry on her legacy with you.

Quick Reply: My Monte's Nickname story...what's yours?