Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My kind of sad update

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Default My kind of sad update

Hi everyone!

Yes it really is me. Sorry I've been gone for so long but circumstances weren't the greatest for a little while. As some of you might remember in August I quit my job and ran away to live in the desert (literally) for a month. Well I can tell you all that if you ever get over stressed at a job and just wish you could up and quit. Unless you are indepently wealthy, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY...DON'T!!!! Especially if your are in the real estate industry. I made that mistake and paid for it with 6 months of unemployment.Living here in Vegas has madejob hunting suck. I did finally get a job, due to a very odd coincidence, and I absolutely love it. I did take a major pay cut but my mental health has greatly improved.

Family update - My aunt that was in a coma in Alaska passed away in July. She was cremated and we held a celebration of life for her in Salt Lake in October. My grandfather that has been battling cancer in his face and neck (ear to throat) passed away the day after Mothers Day and we buried him on my mothers b-day. My niece is an absolute terror but still utterly adorable. My parentadopted a new puppy named Maggie. She is a pure white boxer that is probably about 1 1/2 feet high and is deaf. We think that the former owners might have had her "barker" removed. They had her for over a month now and she hasn't barked once.

Personal life - Me and Ben are still going strong and are looking at buying a house hopefully in the next month or so. I tell ya, he was a very happy man while I wasn't working. He paid all the bills but got to come home to a clean house and a hot home cooked meal almost every day. And yes, those meals did include home made desserts (ice cream, pie, cakes, etc...).

Finally my Monte update - She's running really good still and is the proud new owner of a brand new set of tires. I just got them put on yesterday but I'm not sure I made the right choice. My tires before were Continental 225 55 16's and these are Yokahama 225 60 16's. I hontesly didn't think that going up that one size would make that big of a difference in look but they do. It's just not as sporty. Hopefully after a good wash and shine I'll be happier. I can't wash her just yet because the guys at the tire shop didn't bother looking under my car when they went to jack it up and they broke one of my light tubes. They tried to get out of payingto repair thembecause they were claiming I didn't tell them. Ummm not true, It was even noted on my paperwork thatI have the TMPS and undercar lighting. After much heated debating they finally agreed to pay to have it fixed. I have to order the tube in because no one in Las Vegas carries my system and then pay to have it re-installed. GGGRRRR Dumb people!!!!!

Well I hope everyone here is doing good. I'll try and check-in a little bit more often!!!!

Jenn

Old 06-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Default RE: My kind of sad update

first off le tme say im glad to hear you are still alive and that your back !!

As for the deaths in the family im truley sorry to hear of your loss. I knwo what it like to see someonf fightcancer and lose.
As for the no job thing if ya cooked and cleand for me i would pay your bills LOL . well ok you would have to convince the wife that they were hers but hey im willing to try for a good meal and clean hous eLOL she dose her best but the kids do thier best to tear it up also.

As for th emonte Glad to hear she is doing good also. belive me i have seen the light kit thing and how hard they try to get out of it to. Glad you got it in writing or they would have never paid for it in anyway.

hope you come back more offten.
Latter for now Jen.
Mickey

Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Jenn!

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about your aunt and grandfather. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Glad to hear you got things straightened out with your employment situation. We all need to get away and "find" ourselves sometimes. Hopefully you are in a situation where you can be happy.

How are the Yokohama's performance wise? I recently ditched the Goodyear RS-A's and went with a set of Toyo Versado LX tires. They seem to perform just as well, if not better than the Goodyear's. Plus they have a smoother ride also. Which is great with all the horrible roads we got here.

On a lighter note...

I find it hard to believe that you can't find lighting in Vegas. Maybe a quick trip to the neon graveyard is in order? lol.

Glad to hear from you again!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:37 PM

you're alive and you're making it thats all that matters

Old 06-28-2008, 10:31 PM

Thanx guys,

so far the job is going really great. My boss is way cool to work for. Last year one of the ladies I work with was just really swamped (that's why they hired me) and was about to go crazy and to say thank you for all that she had been doing, he sent her and her husband to Hawaii for 2 weeks paid. The only thing they had to pay for was a rental car and food. He's always doing stuff like that I guess so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The tires seem to be good so far. I've only been able to putter around town but want to take it out on the highway and put them to the test. I'll let you all know how they handle.

Talk with ya all soon!!!

Jenn