New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

:( sad monte carlo

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Default :( sad monte carlo

my name is kim and I'm glad I found this site... maybe you guys could give a little sympathy
I let my roommate drive my car to the store last night and he wrecked my 2004 Monte Carlo LS into a telephone pole. I know I will need a new bumper, head light and hood. oh and airbags come out too. let me know if you have been in a simular situation and what you think it will cost to get this work done on my car...

Old 11-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: :( sad monte carlo

hood, fender, light are all cheap, and so is the bumper, dont buy stuff from gm though, buy it from an aftermarket company, i sell all those parts, i've fixed very similar damage on a monte(didn't hit a pole) but needed all the same stuff, just other side

insurance said 15000 damage, we fixed it for under 3000

your car will need about 20 hours on the frame straightener, new hood, bumper, fender, headlight (possibly rad support, rad, condensor, thats where it gets expensive, i didn't have to fix that stuff) and then paint air bagas you can buy from a wrecking yard for about 500-800 bucks and they're very easy to install

but yah if you know people you should be able to get it fixed for around 4-5 probably

Old 11-22-2006, 01:12 PM

Sorry about your car!! My wife is the only one that get's to drive mine and because of what happened to you is the reason she is the only one who drives it besides me! Just had to ask what's up with all of the mud under your hood and all over the motor? Looks like you've been four wheeling with the thing? Good luck getting it fixed.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member

plus your probably going to need a new dash board too, because unless your good at reforming and rebuilding its going to be all broken from the airbags goin off

Old 11-22-2006, 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Backinblack

Sorry about your car!! My wife is the only one that get's to drive mine and because of what happened to you is the reason she is the only one who drives it besides me! Just had to ask what's up with all of the mud under your hood and all over the motor? Looks like you've been four wheeling with the thing? Good luck getting it fixed.
yep ultimately it is my fault for letting him drive it and I'm kicking myself for doing that:/ oh and the dirt under the hood? well I just recently moved to the city. I lived way out in the country before and that's why it's so dirty...

Old 11-22-2006, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

hood, fender, light are all cheap, and so is the bumper, dont buy stuff from gm though, buy it from an aftermarket company, i sell all those parts, i've fixed very similar damage on a monte(didn't hit a pole) but needed all the same stuff, just other side

insurance said 15000 damage, we fixed it for under 3000

your car will need about 20 hours on the frame straightener, new hood, bumper, fender, headlight (possibly rad support, rad, condensor, thats where it gets expensive, i didn't have to fix that stuff) and then paint air bagas you can buy from a wrecking yard for about 500-800 bucks and they're very easy to install

but yah if you know people you should be able to get it fixed for around 4-5 probably
thank you for the info... I'm gonna go get an estimate and figure it out from there... and he is most definitly going to pay for it!

Old 11-22-2006, 08:57 PM

if you have full coverage on it you might have to claim it on there and make them pay the deducable most people arnt gonna have the cash to pay for that much damage

Old 11-23-2006, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member

yah if you go to a body shop its going to be around 15000, thats why its better if you can do it yourself

Old 11-23-2006, 10:29 AM

Hey...should'nt your insurance cover that and your "friend" pay for the deductible? And would'nt the surcharge go against him somehow and not you? I mean what if I were to leave my car at the shop to be worked on and they get into an accident with it? I know different states have different insurance regs ( I live in MA and we get screwed pretty good) but it seems that you should be able to have your ride fixed without you bearing the cost. Or is it one of those" you let someone else drive your car so it's your problem"? Really sucks and I feel bad for ya!

Old 11-23-2006, 05:27 PM

I dont' have full coverage just liability so no, the insurance is not gonna help! my roommate said he will pay for it but I just hope he doesn't flake out on me...

Quick Reply: :( sad monte carlo