Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My Days As A Hoodlum

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Default My Days As A Hoodlum

Back in the late 80's and early 90's I lived in a section eight apartment . There were seven units in this building and we all shared a common driveway. I lived there for seven years. At the time I was the only one with a car and I was the only one not on welfare. I always parked in the same spot by my back door. I lived in the upstairs unit. My neighbor below me bought a car. He had not lived there as long as me. He started taking my parking spot. We had words over it but it didn't resolve anything. I took my plight to the landlord and he took the high road and asked if we were kids and if he had to assign parking. I said yes, he said no and stayed out of it. We used to fall asleep with the tv on in our bedroom and my son was an infant at the time. If I beat my neighbor to the parking spot he would come knock on my door and ask me to move my car from his spot. I of course refused every time. I told him there was no assigned parking. Burlington Vermont had a noise ordinance that states if the cops were called three times for a noise complaint you got an invitation to see the judge. My neighbor called the cops saying the tv was too loud at one in the morning. The volume of the tv never changed and had never been an issue before and it didn't keep the babies up. The cops came. I plead my case with the cop who could barely hear the tv himself. He told me about the law. My neighbor and I battled over the parking spot for weeks. Every time I got the spot, the cops would come for a noise complaint. The cops were lenient because they didn't see the issue. One night the neighbor got the parking spot first. I waited until two in the morning and went out to the driveway with my shrader valve remover and loosened the valve cores in all four of his tires. The next morning he came out to four flat tires. He didn't work and he didn't have a job. The next night I went back out and tightened the cores. He had to wait until the fifteenth of the month before he could get his car towed and have the tires fixed. A day or two later the car reappeared with the tires aired up and in a different parking spot. A week later I was out working on my car in the drive way and he came up to me and said "you are knowledgeable about cars, can you answer a question for me?". I said I would try. He said he had to have his car towed to the garage because all four of his tires went flat at the same time. He said the garage mechanic didn't find a cause of it and said that he must have had minter air in the tires and because it was summer time now he needed to change the air in the tires. He asked if I ever heard of such a thing. I told him I had heard of it but it was very rare. I also suggested that if he called the cops again because of noise or took my parking spot that the problem could return. I never had another problem.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

man that guy deff didnt know much did he

Old 10-01-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
man that guy deff didnt know much did he
It isn't my place to judge the man but I can tell you this. Before moving below me he was in the Army for 19 1/2 years. Got up one morning and decided he wasn't going to be in the service any longer and just quit. He ended up spending some time at Fort Leavenworth in the brig. He then was dishonorable discharged for dereliction of duty. He wanted to be a preacher but couldn't find a church to support a brother. Ended up in section eight housing and on welfare. He pissed away his military pension and all his benefits for not serving 6 months. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it from his wife.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:29 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Since you guys were acting like children, sounds like you're buddy had the IQ of my 7 year old niece.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:51 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man that deff was night a wise choice & hard to believe too

Old 10-01-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Since you guys were acting like children, sounds like you're buddy had the IQ of my 7 year old niece.
I'm not proud of that as it wasn't one of mine finer moments. Sometimes you have to lower yourself to another level to get something accomplished. Reminiscing, it all seems quite funny now, especially about what the garage mechanic told him about seasoned air. I had a hard time not busting a gut at the time. I do feel bad it cost him almost fifty bucks though. But not bad enough to reimburse.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just can't believe the mechanic plaeyd along with it. Maybe he didn't want to hav ethe courage to say someone sabotaged him.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:19 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's crazy. I've had days like that though.