New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

19 DAYS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Default 19 DAYS!!!

19 days and ill be getting my license (im only 15), ive already passed my road test and it was quite simple.

Anyways, ill be getting my moms old 2000 monte carlo ls becasue she got a new chrysler 300.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 19 DAYS!!!

Congratulations on both.

Nice car to start off in. Welcome to the board.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:08 PM

thanks, im really looking forward to being part of the forum and my soon to be monte.

since im only 15 and dont have a job, ive been saving my money (its suppose to be for gas) but i was thinking about getting my exhaust done first. Good idea? bad? I was thinking about getting dual flowmaster 40's with a ubend and cat delete and maybe replacing the resonator with a glasspack.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Most people here will tell you to do the U-bend delete and the rest of the exhaust first. If you're not familiar with the U-bend, there's a U shaped bend in the exhaust pipe just before the catalytic converter. It makes space for the O2 sensor, and robs your car of a couple horsepower. Use the sites search feature. There's lots of info and recommendations from what other members have done.

Not to sound like your parents, but before you can become Jeff Gordon, you gotta learn how to drive first. Money being tight, I would worry more about gas and insurance money for now. Why put lots of money into mods, if you can't put gas into it? Hope you have lots of fun driving and personalizing your car.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:28 PM

yea ive already read a little about stuff on here and i know what the ubend is.
Not to try to act like im a good driver or like i completely know what im doing, but my friend will sometimes let my drive his saturn (its got exhaust/intake) even though its slow, around, and i would say im not to bad of a driver.
Luckily i dont have to pay for insurance, but i do have to pay for gasand ive just kinda not thought about that part.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: MonteTank

yea ive already read a little about stuff on here and i know what the ubend is.
Not to try to act like im a good driver or like i completely know what im doing, but my friend will sometimes let my drive his saturn (its got exhaust/intake) even though its slow, around, and i would say im not to bad of a driver.
Luckily i dont have to pay for insurance, but i do have to pay for gasand ive just kinda not thought about that part.
ive also had a couple opportunities to drive my dads 86 grand national while he had it.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: MonteTank

19 days and ill be getting my license (im only 15), ive already passed my road test and it was quite simple.

Anyways, ill be getting my moms old 2000 monte carlo ls becasue she got a new chrysler 300.
Welcome and a simple piece of advise, take all of the drivers education courses that you can.

They used to be free here, but now they run up to $400.

If I would have paid for my daughter's lessons, she probably would nothave had all 4 of her accidents (3 totals) in her few years of driving.

Thank God she is alive.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM

yea ive already taken segment 1, segment 2, and the road test, thats what the requirements are here in michigan. but i dont know if theres more classes u can take if thats what you mean?
Glad to hear shes alive.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:38 PM

in wisconsin we only had to takedrivers ed and thats all i needed to get my license...havent had a ticket or been in an accident yet (knock on wood)

Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Just noticed you're in Michigan. If your driver's ed school offers winter driving lessons, take 'em. Comes in handy in winter when you least expect it.

Quick Reply: 19 DAYS!!!