Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of September 2017

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 08:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good evening guys!

Been a few days since I posted. Beginning to sound like the start to an AA meeting lol!!!

Anycase, hope everyone is doing well. For those either directly affect by the recent and current hurricanes or those with friends and family affected, I hope everyone is safe and secure.

Last weekend, I helped run the second "Roar By the Shore" Mentor-on-the-Lake car show. It was a great time, great turn out. Looking forward to next year's show.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Greetings All.
For Me things have been interesting; I got a steal on a 2010 Corolla for Angela ($3250) got on 72k miles. It was dirty, lots of dog hair, but had it detailed and got the windows tinted and still way under book on it.
A few days after we had it we noticed one wheel was missing the valve stem cap, so put one on and next day tire low and light on. We air it up and again goes low by next day.

Yesterday I took it to tire place to ask if they had seen anything like that, they checked the core it did turn a bit and he put a different cap on.

As I try to get out of their crowded lot a van backs into me, causing some denting of both passenger side doors, she claimed blame and insurance will fix the car.

Now the crazy part, this morning the tire was low, I put air in and took off the cap, tire is full as I type...... CRAZY

Montana is burning down
We have heavy smoke and ash falling and the sun looks like a faint red ball
They don't expect to be able to put the fires out till snow. They are trying their best just to contain them.

Last edited by shawn parker; 09-06-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member

Good morning, MCF!

Hoping for the best for all of those who will ride it out in south Florida in a couple of days. I have a friend who has his 3-year-old son, his pregnant wife, and his parents in Fort Lauderdale vacationing. They were told to GTF outta there yesterday. They couldn't get a flight out, so rented a car and last word was they were sitting still on the interstate..... I'm a little bummed that the University of Miami has canceled their game with us this weekend, despite our campus being 1,100 miles away from Miami, but I understand their safety concerns. I guess I'll use the day as a test for my tailgating equipment and hang out in the driveway all day....lol

Old 09-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Irma has been a category 5 for more than a day-and-a-half now and could take a run at the longest lasting category 5 ever by tomorrow. Current location is 110 miles North of Dominican Republic with max sustained winds remaining at 180 mph.

Detroit's new Little Caesar's Arena had its ribbon cutting ceremony the other day. They have a public preview this Saturday which I'm going to. Can't wait, this arena is state-of-the-art and looks unbelievable! Largest center-hung scoreboard in the World!

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 09-07-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:54 AM

DAYUM @chifan, they came out looking brand new! wow!

Old 09-08-2017, 01:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space's grandfather and "the seniors" are in Florida, though we haven't heard about them or heard from SpaceRider is quite sometime. I still think about them, especially at a time like this.

Are there other members from Florida (or nearby)? I think I'm pretty safe in Canada right now, but who's in danger? Are you taking any precautions?

Old 09-09-2017, 08:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

@Matt - Nice pics of the new stadium.

@JuniorCar - You are completely right! I hope the Beach Bums are safe in Florida. I wish Space would return someday, I hope where ever he is, he's getting better.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys, 49 degrees here this morning. The Little Caesars Arena preview on Saturday was amazing, that complex is unbelievable!

My Fiance has family down in the Ft. Myers area and they got out of there mid last week and at that point the storm wasn't suppose to track right over them like it ended up doing. I'm hoping they don't have much damage to deal with.

Irma made her first landfall as a cat 4 in the Keys yesterday morning at 7:20 am, between Key West and Marathon. Her second landfall was as a cat 4 at Marco Island around 3:30 pm yesterday. The highest wind recorded in Florida was 142 mph in Naples. Three cranes in downtown Miami came down in the wind. The storm's 'suction' of water away from shores on the North side of the storm was incredible.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 09-11-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:08 PM

Afternoon all,
Thought I'd drop by and give an update on what I have been busy with. Second year of college has started and has kept me pretty busy. Between classes, marching band, and my student group HawkWorks I haven't had much time for anything lol. My monte's in the shop today after she sprung a leak in the power steering return line. Wasn't a pleasant surprise when I see white smoke rolling out of the hood due to power steering fluid spraying on my headers. Of course replacing the hose requires a lift and dropping the sub-frame making it basically impossible for me to do myself, ugh.

In the meantime I have been making an excel document of what my mod plans are going forward, turns out its gonna be over $8k, yikes! No idea if I will scrap together that much money while in college, but hey gotta dream big huh?

Old 09-13-2017, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. 62 degrees here this morning, seeing some of the Northern clouds of Irma.

I went to start the Monte the other day and the thing is completely dead, battery isn't even a year old and isn't taking a charge. Looks like the same exact situation I dealt with not even a year ago happened again.