Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of July 2018

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 06:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys. Just surpassed 24k miles on the Malibu yesterday.

It's a comfortable 56 degrees this morning, heading up to 86 today. We're still in this very dry spell. The last day we had ANY measurable rainfall was June 27 (15 days ago) - 0.33". Our last significant rainfall, higher than 0.2", was May 13 (60 days ago) - 0.45". And yet it has somehow managed to rain at every car show I've been to so far this year.

Michigan Monte Carlo Club's Spring Meet is in just two days > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/me...-2018-a-59234/

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Wow I caught that on the new that boat was on fire, that is a shame, probably alot of history there that will be lost.
The owners just started a GoFundMe effort the other day with a goal of $500k to rebuild. Maybe their goal with that is just something to help with repair costs. I imagine the cost is going to be a lot higher than that.

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I'd pay $2800 for Matt's Monte
Talk about the deal of the century

Originally Posted by GTHSS
Hey drivernumber3 you think the Monte like Matts is a scam...lol? It's the same pic. Description says it's a manual tranny too...
I didn't even catch that. It's gotta be bs with a borrowed picture and inaccurate info.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 07-12-2018 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Line of rain moving across the area this morning has mostly diminished in the past couple hours so not much of anything here. Going up to 91 degrees today.

Our Spring Meet is tomorrow!
Info > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/me...-2018-a-59234/

Old 07-13-2018, 06:53 PM

Good evening everyone, got distributor fixed and made it too a local car show. Got turned down at the gate because my Monte was to new , apparently the weekly show is 1980 and older. I walked around a little and even asked one of the judge's about it, his response was priceless " We don't want them rice burners in here" I politely commented . No you wouldn't want young kids in here showing there passion for cars. As I walked back to my car what do I see ? A crowd gathered around a rusty 2002 Monte Carlo telling me how they liked how it looked.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Good evening everyone, got distributor fixed and made it too a local car show. Got turned down at the gate because my Monte was to new , apparently the weekly show is 1980 and older. I walked around a little and even asked one of the judge's about it, his response was priceless " We don't want them rice burners in here" I politely commented . No you wouldn't want young kids in here showing there passion for cars. As I walked back to my car what do I see ? A crowd gathered around a rusty 2002 Monte Carlo telling me how they liked how it looked.

Wow that's an ugly thing to go thru. I think it's time to flip them guys off!

Old 07-14-2018, 06:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

​​​​​​
yeah that's kinda messed up. Very snobish on their part.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by GTHSS
​​​​​​
yeah that's kinda messed up. Very snobish on their part.
Here's the messed up part, it's a weekly car show every Friday night during summer. The two local city's by me have them and was told that the other city has a 1986 and older. Neither is a car club as there are plenty in the area and we just had the back to the fifty's which is 1964 and older and our biggest car show is next week Car craft nationals . I don't understand some peoples logic

Old 07-15-2018, 03:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You gotta wonder how someone with a mint-as-new 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS 454 would feel if they were turned around at the gate because their car was too old

Old 07-15-2018, 08:59 AM

Morning everyone, I took the Monte out and put some miles on it yesterday and managed to go thru a full tank of gas. I'm pretty sure the gas mileage isn't near as good as everyone else"s car Had a few issue's with the cooling fans thinking it's a bad circuit breaker. I was on the way to watch the World of Outlaw's last night when I noticed the guy driving behind me taking pictures of my car and getting the when he passed me. Also had a small crowd gather around when I parked , apparently people at the race track can spot a rear differential . Much better reception than at the car show , not one person mentioned the car was too new.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Morning everyone, I took the Monte out and put some miles on it yesterday and managed to go thru a full tank of gas. I'm pretty sure the gas mileage isn't near as good as everyone else"s car Had a few issue's with the cooling fans thinking it's a bad circuit breaker. I was on the way to watch the World of Outlaw's last night when I noticed the guy driving behind me taking pictures of my car and getting the when he passed me. Also had a small crowd gather around when I parked , apparently people at the race track can spot a rear differential . Much better reception than at the car show , not one person mentioned the car was too new.
Glad you're on the street some now and getting the well deserved accolades!

Old 07-16-2018, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys!

Another hot one today, going up into the low 90s, and then we'll have some relief into the low 80s for the rest of the week. We have a chance for severe weather later today as a cold front moves through. Hopefully some much needed rain!

I have Meet pics! Good time in Detroit at the Michigan Meet this past Saturday. Those Meet pics can be found here > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/me...et-pics-59939/

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Month of July 2018