Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, September 12, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good evening everyone. I am on my way to work. Rumor is, we don't have computer access any more. HOPEFULLY I will be on through the night!

Old 09-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Chris, Beer= partial payment!

Hey Mike,

So Zack get your cia in?

Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Zach, no PM yet, and what are you talking about........ You're kidding right?

Justin, get Ryan here, that would be cool, but we'd end up drinking to much beer...

Should be one....maybe i sent it off 5 min ago or so.

I got that CAI box today and mocked it up. Attempted to make the hybrid K&N/CAI for the hell of it. well that didnt work so i had to put the K&N assembly all back together. Got it all togther and started it up....engine light and service traction system came up.

I took it out for very short drive around the block and it seemed to be running right and i got back home and coming down my road my car shifted into 3rd gear and it shifted hard (like unusually hard..like bad oh **** hard) Que almost pooping myself moment. I couldnt figure out why my car was doing such weird stuff. i was pretty worried. I hooked up my phone to the OBDII sensor and it read 3 codes. so i started thinking about what i could have done.

got it in the driveway popped the hood......well the maf somehow came unplugged. so i plugged it back in and no lights no engine codes and drives like a dream again Didn't realize a MAF sensor could cause that much havoc

Old 09-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

what's up Mike

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Chris it almost makes me wonder if it isn't a ball joint,control arm bushing or tie rod but then again only on right turns is a wired one,does it do it when the car is parked?

Justin, I had to think about that one for a second, I was a little confused when you said in park.... I'm not sure if the guy that said it was in the exhaust tried turning the wheel when it was on the lift? I will try and and see if I can hear it when in park and turning the wheel! I could also jack up the front end and see if it does it then also! Thanks

Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

justin, beer = partial payment =

Zach, wow, I would have done the same thing, I thought you were po'd about the CAI box i sent..... Not sure if the directions state to disconnect the battery, but everyone I've talked to highly recommends doing that before installing the CAI...

Old 09-12-2011, 08:56 PM
RED DEVIL

i did. I especially since i unhooked the pcm and bcm. It was just freaking out cus the maf sensor came unplugged somehow after i got everything plugged in

I think i will really like that CAI box alot once i get all the parts i need.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Evening everyone!

It was a beautiful day here today. Low 80's. Even got a chance to but the grass and trim the hedges. I think this might be the last of the days in the 80's. It's supposed to drop in temps tomorrow. By thursday, we'll be lucky to hit 60.

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Just a quick hello at lunch... Big bosses are here today and I show up in jeans and a hotrod tee shirt (as always) ..darn forgot they where coming.... Oh well
Doh! Oops. Hopefully it went okay.

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
Should be one....maybe i sent it off 5 min ago or so.

I got that CAI box today and mocked it up. Attempted to make the hybrid K&N/CAI for the hell of it. well that didnt work so i had to put the K&N assembly all back together. Got it all togther and started it up....engine light and service traction system came up.

I took it out for very short drive around the block and it seemed to be running right and i got back home and coming down my road my car shifted into 3rd gear and it shifted hard (like unusually hard..like bad oh **** hard) Que almost pooping myself moment. I couldnt figure out why my car was doing such weird stuff. i was pretty worried. I hooked up my phone to the OBDII sensor and it read 3 codes. so i started thinking about what i could have done.

got it in the driveway popped the hood......well the maf somehow came unplugged. so i plugged it back in and no lights no engine codes and drives like a dream again Didn't realize a MAF sensor could cause that much havoc
Wow. I would've pooped my pants and sweated off about 10 pounds. Glad it was something simple to fix, and that you figured it out.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:09 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Hey Chris, Justin, Zach

Nm goin on here watchin top gear lol, got my used lip in today for my monte to fix the small damage my dad done

Man its good it was just the maf unhooked on ur car & not somthin else

& that sux ur having issues on ur monte chris

Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Hey Chris, Justin, Zach

Nm goin on here watchin top gear lol, got my used lip in today for my monte to fix the small damage my dad done

Man its good it was just the maf unhooked on ur car & not somthin else

& that sux ur having issues on ur monte chris

Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Taz
Evening everyone!

Wow. I would've pooped my pants and sweated off about 10 pounds. Glad it was something simple to fix, and that you figured it out.
Hi Lou. Trust me i was sweating bullets and cussing like crazy cus i had no idea what was going on

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, September 12, 2011