Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, June 1st, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

well I heard back from the adjuster, they are offering me two choices, I can take a total payout for the car and they will take the car off my hands, or I can take a reduced payout and keep the car, from the estimates that I did get a copy of I can take the reduced payout and keep the car and get it fixed and have money left over so not sure why they are offering me that choice.

I agree with you Tweek, some people have no respect for what other people put their time and money into, I would never in my life even consider doing something like this to someone's vehicle, if I've ever had a problem with someone, I have no problem taking it up with the person in question, it is a cowards way out, or it is just some random kids that have never known the value of working hard for something and then putting your time and energy into looking after it. With any luck the fingerprint they were able to get off the mirror will be in the database and they can catch whomever did this

Old 06-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

So im guessing you are going to do the reduced payout and fix it?

Old 06-01-2015, 03:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Do you get to keep the car a clean title, or do you have to hand it in and get a rebuilt title for taking a buyout?

Because if you lose the clean title, you might not be able to insure the car the way that you want from this point forward, and it will hurt resale value really bad if you choose to do that later.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

Depends on what the buyout amount is I might take that. Think about this one long and hard man. It just sucks cause of how attached we are to the cars. If the same thing happened to my intimidator I think I would take the buy out and try to get another car with lower miles and then start the mods all over that's the fun part. I love my monte too but I also drive it a lot so for me miles are a big thing. It just sucks that you are even in this situation to begin with.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

good evening to all, i had a meh day at work, i think im starting to get sick again even though i just got over a cold not that long ago. the weekend was good had fun at a car show, not im just looking forward to the gm nats

Old 06-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening all, put together and mounted a cieling fan today lol

Old 06-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening everyone!

I finally got to cut the front lawn this morning, after three days of rain. It really needed it badly. Still need to cut the backyard. But because of the way the property slopes down toward the back fence, the last 10 feet of my yard is under water. Which also is now a breeding ground for mosquitos.

I'd love to pump it out, but don't have a pump. It was dry today, but as I type this, it's looking like rain clouds are moving in again. I know it can be worse. Many people are looking at major flooding right now.

The tall grass in the backyard made for good feeding for a family of rabbits. I got to watch momma rabbit and a couple little rabbits feeding on plants in the back yard this evening.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:09 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Do you get to keep the car a clean title, or do you have to hand it in and get a rebuilt title for taking a buyout?

Because if you lose the clean title, you might not be able to insure the car the way that you want from this point forward, and it will hurt resale value really bad if you choose to do that later.

That's my dilemma at this point, I am not certain if they will brand it a salvaged title if I take the reduced payout I can get the whole car painted for less than the reduced payout they are offering me. The car has 311 000 kms on it so realistically I know the resale value is not going to be optimal to say the least lol, as even though it is in amazing condition the mileage kills any resale value, but the car drives and runs like brand new, and to be honest I was planning on keeping it for a few more years to say the least and just buy another car eventually. So I'm thinking even if they brand the title it really won't matter much in the grand scheme of things my main concern is insurance and how it is going to be effected ongoing as I've never been in a situation like this before and I have full coverage on the car, but again as far as the insurance company looks at it, it is just an 02 monte carlo in their eyes

Old 06-01-2015, 08:11 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by tweek
So im guessing you are going to do the reduced payout and fix it?
That's what I'm leaning towards, the car is now paid for so it doesn't owe me a dime and I was planning on driving it for at least a couple more years and eventually just buying another car and keeping this as a weekend toy