Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, July 22nd, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 11:19 AM

Hi `David, I see the gray box from Image shack next to your Monte `sig pic...

Old 07-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good to see you back around space!

i was outside stripping paint off a neat little cabinet i bought at a yard sale. it was originally solid pine with a light / medium colored finish, and someone painted it dark lime green.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:32 AM

Hi `Ryan & thanks for your post!
You have some great hobby's & I enjoy reading when you find some neat stuff in your area's...

Did you take any pic's ? B-4 & after ? You should
How's life going for you ? I did see your pic's from High Point & Enjoyed...

Did you like Joe's Ford Raptor on the previous page ?
How's your Ranger running ? I still really like your 4x4 (4-$ure)
Look 4ward to your future posts
Wish you & member's a super afternoon/evening/week/life

Old 07-22-2013, 11:51 AM

Getting ready to have a heart attack later on this week....

Gonna drop the LTZ off at a local shop on Wednesday, cannot find where my front end clunk/pop/bang is coming from, and its only getting worse. My theory is that the motor mount i pulled out of it was so badly trashed that the engine kept torquing harder and harder back and to the right side of the car (i can tell because even my dogbones are visibly off kilter)...this torquing away from that side must have introduced tension into the joint and has started destroying itself (or even worse, the splines are chewing themselves apart)....if thats the case, the engine is going to have to be unbolted, lifted out, the axle on that side replaced or rebuilt, the engine realigned and reattached to the frame, and new dog bone mounts attached. Why cant i have better luck and just have it be a sway link....

Old 07-22-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Space

Hi `Joe,
It's super to see you back visiting your Monte Carlo Family & we hope you visit more often 4-Sure....We are a Automotive Family, but we all love the Chevy Monte Carlo..

You sure have had some super rides totaling over $1 Million +
Do you want to adopt a kid from `Space (LOL) ?

I've seen the Ford Raptor & it's one beautiful expensive `Ride. Is your's a SVT model..I hope you post more about it...It's 2 nice to take it in the woods, but I would (LOL)..

I've heard the ladies really love the "Raptor

I hope that our member's can help you with your son's Monte ?
Look forward to your future return & posts...
Wish you super fun in your New SuperSuper Truck
Hey Space!

All the Ford Raptor's are SVT. There are a lot of differences from the standard F-150. I wish mine had the options on the blue one above!

Did you ever get a new car yet?

Old 07-22-2013, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo
Hey Space!

All the Ford Raptor's are SVT. There are a lot of differences from the standard F-150. I wish mine had the options on the blue one above!

Did you ever get a new car yet?

Thanks `Joe for your reply + I learn something new every day on the MCF & in life....I'm sure you could get those extra options `if you really wanted them & could afford them > LOL

No, I still have not got another personal car, but I do get to use one of the Caddy Company cars when I'm not out visiting our ports in the Caribbean & environs. I do like the CTS Caddy, but it's not my kind of ride, but I'm very thankful that my boss lets me use it 4-Sure....I don't get time to drive very much & I miss it, but I don't miss the payments/insurance etc.

How long will you keep this one ? They sure are nice & I wish you safe & fun miles on your journey of life > EnJoy 4-Sure...I know I would `if I had your rides...p.s. We hope we see you more often on the MCF 4-Sure

Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 PM

Thanks `Joe for your reply + I learn something new every day on the MCF & in life....I'm sure you could get those extra options `if you really wanted them & could afford them > LOL

No, I still have not got another personal car, but I do get to use one of the Caddy Company cars when I'm not out visiting our ports in the Caribbean & environs. I do like the CTS Caddy, but it's not my kind of ride, but I'm very thankful that my boss lets me use it 4-Sure....I don't get time to drive very much & I miss it, but I don't miss the payments/insurance etc.

How long will you keep this one ? They sure are nice & I wish you safe & fun miles on your journey of life > EnJoy 4-Sure...I know I would `if I had your rides...p.s. We hope we see you more often on the MCF 4-Sure
Yeah at my age I would probably have to pay for one of those options...lol
I still owe half the price for this truck and plan on keeping it a long time. I need a vehicle I can use all year. Cool that you get the use of a CTS for a while....

Old 07-22-2013, 12:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone!
David, it's ok man, lots of names on here it's easy to mix em up

Hope everyones having a great monday!

Old 07-22-2013, 12:35 PM

Hi `Devin, it's about time you woke `up from your Monte Carlo Dreamland & decided to join in on the fun
When do you have to go back to work ? Are you all better ? or better then b-4 ? Wish you a super new day > EnJoy

Old 07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Hi `Ryan & thanks for your post!
You have some great hobby's & I enjoy reading when you find some neat stuff in your area's...

Did you take any pic's ? B-4 & after ? You should
How's life going for you ? I did see your pic's from High Point & Enjoyed...

Did you like Joe's Ford Raptor on the previous page ?
How's your Ranger running ? I still really like your 4x4 (4-$ure)
Look 4ward to your future posts
Wish you & member's a super afternoon/evening/week/life
yep, i actually remembered to take a "before" pic this time. i'll get an after pic when it's all done and share!

i'm glad you got to see the high point pics too, i gotta say keane set up one helluva meet & greet and i'm really looking forward to the next one in october.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, July 22nd, 2013