Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Monday, August 15, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Space. And yes that's the cars! I snapped a few pics so maybe I can post them up later.

I'm studying Mechanical Engineering at Iowa State University. This is going to be my junior year.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 AM

...Thanks for your reply...Education is a great investment for sure...Wish you the best @ college this year..
Look 4ward to your pictures
=========================
Hi `Rick, have a great recharge...I hope to get some Z's and a good ReCharge 2day, but I plan
on listening to the begining of the NASCAR Race this morning @ Watkins Glen : )
Start's @ 10AM on ESPN with those with cable/dish or MRN Radio for member's like `Space : )
Rick, get charged `up & catch U later : ) Oh, wish U Sweet AutoDreams : )

Last edited by Space; 08-15-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone! I am not to thrilled its Monday already. LOL....But i'll deal. :P

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

I replaced the Camshaft Postion Sensor in my Monte on Saturday, so far the Service Traction Control, and Service Engine light have not come back on! So my fingers are crossed that was the issue! Nice $30.00 fix, I can handle that.

Have a good day!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:12 AM

Hi Mod `Michael, Monday is so much better then No Monday @ `all Oh`no : )
It's great to read that you were able to do the work yourself & save some $'s...Now, I know who to send member's to when they need to replace there's...Wish you no lights & many more safe/happy miles in your AweSome Monte R.S.

Wish you a fast work day, and a fun/relaxing eve...EnJoy

Old 08-15-2011, 09:10 AM

Morning Everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine wasn't exciting but I got a lot of much needed work done on a couple vehicles.

Saturday I removed the instrument cluster from my old Jag. The speedo had been acting flaky again. From past experience, I knew it was likely a bad connection on the back of the instrument cluster. After cleaning the appropriate connections and adding a little dielectric grease to aid conductivity, I put it all back together and took it for a test drive. Instead of getting better, the speedo was completely dead! Crap... Took it all apart again and quickly discovered a very loose connection. I hadn't touched it earlier, but I had taken it apart about 18 months ago. I must not have tightened it properly the last time and it worked itself loose. I didn't realize that connection had anything to do with the speedo but it must. Hopefully that was the sole cause of the intermittent speedo problems the last few months. Put it all back together and all appears well. Speedo is acting normal again.

Sunday I spent a few hours completely refreshing the brake and clutch fluids on my bike. I don't have a Mighty Vac or anything like that to easily suck new fluid through the lines, so it was tried & true method of squeezing the handle - opening the bleed valve - closing the bleed valve - releasing the handle - and repeating over and over and over. And refilling the reservoir multiple times. Slow process but it works. Saved a couple hundred $ over what the shop wanted to charge me. I can apply that savings to my next bill with 'Dr. Gary', my old European car mechanic. I need Gary's help with something on my old car soon.

Beautiful weather expected here most of the week. Temp's are not even supposed to reach 90 F. That will be the first time in months. Sweet riding weather!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:24 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Morning everyone!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
Thanks Space. And yes that's the cars! I snapped a few pics so maybe I can post them up later.

I'm studying Mechanical Engineering at Iowa State University. This is going to be my junior year.
Justin - Would love to see some pic's. Sounds like a cool show.

Kudos on your choice of degree. A bunch of my college friends / roommates were Mech Eng's. Tough program but very marketable.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning everyone, another grey rainy day here in ny. Probally just going to sit around until work this afternoon

Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 AM

Space, I am on your schedule now I guess. Just get a few hours of sleep then a recharge later.

Well Today will be the last day on the blog for me until Thursday. Going camping at the beech with the gf. No internet and no computer while I am away. Time to unplug for a few days.

I have a meeting today to try and get some paper worked signed off by my old principal. Once it is signed off and I turn it in I will be one step away from completing my degree.

I will be back on later.

Pic from yesterday

Old 08-15-2011, 11:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Justin - Would love to see some pic's. Sounds like a cool show.

Kudos on your choice of degree. A bunch of my college friends / roommates were Mech Eng's. Tough program but very marketable.
I'll see if I can get some pics posted later today.

Thanks! It's definitly a tough major but it is rewarding! I would really love to find something in the automotive field to practice my engineering in when I graduate. Right now I have a job working with earth augers. They aren't too complicated and have been a good learning experience in engineering. Though I feel like I would enjoy a job that was more related to something I love like cars. But I guess we'll see how it goes the next few years!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Monday, August 15, 2011