Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Military Roll Call, Currently Serving, Veterans & Retirees are members of MCF

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Military Roll Call, Currently Serving, Veterans & Retirees are members of MCF

Hi Guy, unfortunately I don't know how to make this a Poll question!

I am curious! How many Military Monte Carlo Lovers are here on MCF.
What Branch did you serve?
What was your job?
When did you serve?
Do you miss it?
If you had it to do all over, would you?
Are you, or have you served with any other MCF member
What is your Fondest Military Memory?

I was ET3 in the Navy, Served on the USS Shenandoah, AD-44 from 1990 t0 1994. Then did 3.5 years as Shore Patrol (M.P.) on the Submarine base in Ct.. After 9 years 11 months and 2 day I was read to grow my beard back. Although I enjoyed me time in the Navy. I'm glad to be out. Shore duty killed my military experience! But I would go back to sea in a heart beet IF my Knees worked right!!!
The Best memory I have is Standing next to the Great pyramid in Egypt and playing Spades with the boys in the crews lounge!

I walked away from the Navy with a new view of People and the World and with a new respect for anyone who works in Law Enforcement! I don't think I would do it again but I have no regrets for having done it! And I would never give up the things the military gave me! my time in the Navy put me on the path to the Monte Carlo Loving Man I an today! And I like this J.C. guy! Oh, I was Dubbed "J.C." in Boot Camp, and it's stuck to this day!

So what's your Military Story???

Old 03-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What Branch did you serve? Air force
What was your job? 1C771 Airfield Manager, currently Contingency Response Force
When did you serve? Oct 2002-Present
Do you miss it? No
If you had it to do all over, would you? Yes, but I'd make a few different choices during
Are you, or have you served with any other MCF member? ILuvCgars AKA Lou used to be a first sergeant at my current base. He has since retired.
What is your Fondest Military Memory? My tenure at the Defense Language Institute

Old 03-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great poll JC... Although I have never served, my family (fathers generation) all served... I grew up with fascinating stories, most fun and light hearted, but some heart breaking and life changing... My fathers generation served during combat in the colonies, India, Africa and South Asia... Almost everyone of them would do it again...So, from someone who has not personally served, god bless and keep you all, you are our true heroes and ultimate defenders of all we hold dear... You deserve our highest honours and respect...