Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER's MCF ToDay: FRIDAY, 9/4/09 TGIF : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wasn't intended to be insulting. Nobody looks this goofy in real life.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:02 AM

Taz... you'd be surprised. My boss terry at work looks like that only he has a mullet. I am not ****ting you.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

robyn, i feel your pain, lol. although none of the pics of my car show it, it has TONS little dents and scrapes that drive me absolutly NUTS lol. where should i start, the lil hole in the back bumper, the dent on the drivers front fender, the very wavy passenger side & smashed passenger 1/4.... yha, i think someone musta sideswiped mine at some point, i poped the 1/4 out from the inside, but it has a crese in the wheelwell that will never come out, and i dont think the door is ever gonna line up.... but even with the flaws, i have no shame in bringing it to local cruse in's and shows, i just try to keep it cleen & tinker with simple mods.... and i guess its working, i was invited to show it on main street down in town tomorrow dents and all.... IMO, your pop did a great job using inexpensive materials & it looks great, even if its a lil out of line!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
So jealous of you mike!! I wanna drive her! LOL
Come on over, I'd let you take her for a spin... maybe :P

I can just forget about her being a "show" quality car. Makes any mods or anything I may want to do seem pointless since I can't even get the bodywork straight.
Nothing is ever pointless. My body isn't in the best of shape. Lots of dings and chips, but it's never pointless. If it took you that long to notice it, who's to say other people will? If anything you can have this Monte as a nice little DD down the line, and get yourself an SS for a Sunday Driver

Taz,

I know no one can ever look that goofy in real life... but we can try!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 AM

OMG MIKE! You look totally out of your mind in that picture!!!

You'd let me drive your car? *blush* Don't tell your girlfriend that. She might disown you. It's okay. You, MaMonte, Todd or Ryan are the only people I'd trust with my cherry bomb. And the plus side is if I come out that way to philly, mike can do some work on my car LOL

Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 AM

15 Year Member

OMG MIKE! You look totally out of your mind in that picture!!!
That's just me at work...

Old 09-04-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by skylark65
robyn, i feel your pain, lol. although none of the pics of my car show it, it has TONS little dents and scrapes that drive me absolutly NUTS lol. where should i start, the lil hole in the back bumper, the dent on the drivers front fender, the very wavy passenger side & smashed passenger 1/4.... yha, i think someone musta sideswiped mine at some point, i poped the 1/4 out from the inside, but it has a crese in the wheelwell that will never come out, and i dont think the door is ever gonna line up.... but even with the flaws, i have no shame in bringing it to local cruse in's and shows, i just try to keep it cleen & tinker with simple mods.... and i guess its working, i was invited to show it on main street down in town tomorrow dents and all.... IMO, your pop did a great job using inexpensive materials & it looks great, even if its a lil out of line!
ryan the materials were NOT inexpensive! Sure it didn't cost as much as a professional job would have, but I didnt CARE about spending the 700 bucks! I have TONS of rockchips in her hood, down the fenders, the windshield is kinda scratched up don't know what I can use to fix THAT issue besides replace it, the doors and all line up fine, it's just... THAT DENT! Drives me absolutely bat**** crazy!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:33 AM

15 Year Member

it's just... THAT DENT! Drives me absolutely bat**** crazy!
I'll be the voice of reason right now.

Deal with it.

We all have some imperfections we hate, but with time and money eventually we will get them fixed. It's a lot better than it was, and you know it. It's not perfect, but that's what happens. Focus on the other parts of the car, and when you run out of things to do, you can save up and finally get that dent straightened properly!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
I'll be the voice of reason right now.

Deal with it.

We all have some imperfections we hate, but with time and money eventually we will get them fixed. It's a lot better than it was, and you know it. It's not perfect, but that's what happens. Focus on the other parts of the car, and when you run out of things to do, you can save up and finally get that dent straightened properly!
I am dealing with it. LOL. It does look better, yes. I'm just ****. I'm sorry. I love my car. Probably more than I should but hey, that's what happens... My dad's '02 LS is in real bad shape. blows blue smoke. somethin ain't right under that hood and i think that engine is on it's last legs.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

robyn u have it lucky... go look at my album..my 4th gen has dents scraps is multicolored and a bent frame... i love that car beyond belefe(spelt wrong sorry) everytime i see a 4 th gen thats

Quick Reply: MEMBER's MCF ToDay: FRIDAY, 9/4/09 TGIF : )