Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 3/15/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 3/15/11

Thanks Mod J.J. & Admin Taz `Lou, for Creating the above SuperSuper MCF DeSign

Monte Carlo Friends
to your
Member's `Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What are you doing Today ?
* Members, post what is happening in your `life, your hobbie's, pets, kids, cars, truck's, bikes etc.
* Make a post & say`Hi

Let us know that you were here today `OK

Monte Nationals June 2011

Please Check out the Monte Nationals thread if you haven't already.

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!
Give Respect - Get Respect

4-Sure
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Click below link
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13110
^^^^^

March 2011
Monte of the Month`Winner
Member: Zipper

Congratulations `David

Click below link to see all MCF Winner's
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10474
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-15-2011, 12:14 AM

Hey all!!
went to the mechanics house tonight and started on changing the timing belt. Couldnt figure out how to get the power steering belt off.

now, to get the harmonic balancer, lower timing cover, and belt off... line it all up, then re assemble.

eleanor will have her engine out tomorrow at 10, then he'll start the disassembly and re assembly process.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Thumbs up Thank You Teacher`Todd...Take your Med's, Get Better OK

Hi Member's

Your New `Day
We only get one each day.
What `if ?
"Love `Life & the ones your Love"
4-Sure

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso &`Space : )

Last edited by Space; 03-15-2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Wish EveryOne a Safe/Happy `Journey 2Day 4-Sure : )
Old 03-15-2011, 07:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 03-15-2011, 07:14 AM

Amen on the picasso quote space... I may use that for my lifes quote.

Btw how does everyone like my sig?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rain today. Just probably another boring day but i could have it worse. Good day to all.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by augi
Amen on the picasso quote space... I may use that for my lifes quote.

Btw how does everyone like my sig?

Hi `Dustin,
I like your new `sig 4-Sure..."Buick Power"
If your new engine fails : (, click below link & it will save you
big $'s on fuel 4-Sure
http://www.howtofixbikes.ca/2007/12/...ts-busted.html
Click 2 read & see Vid....It's amaz'in : )
======================================
Good Morn'in Mod `Mike & Jerry,
`Mike, good luck on the `Job ~> Hope U get it 4-Sure
--------------------------------------------------------------
`Jerry, hope you get a call soon 4 work ~> Good Luck

Old 03-15-2011, 07:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!!

I got tracking info for the new PCM yesterday. It shipped Friday evening, and crossed over from Canada to the USA yesterday afternoon. So i'm crossing my fingers i'll have it by Sunday so I can install it!

Other Monte news, I just filled up yesterday I made it almost an entire week on one tank of gas, and my commute it 110 miles a day. (I didn't drive it over the weekend except maybe 3 miles round trip once.) I CAN make it a full 4.5 (working, commuting) days on one tank of gas if I take it easy. I got 527 miles on one tank of gas, I drove it really easy over the entire tank. I accelerated off of stop lights keeping the tach under 2500 RPM, I set cruise control at 72 MPH on the HWY, and never once let my tach go over 3500 RPM on the whole tank (I tried for 3000 RPM, but once it hit 3500 RPM as I was merging onto a major hwy and a semi was coming, so I kind had to get on it a tad). The end result was 527 miles to one tank of gas, and an average of 29.958 MPG calculated, and 30.1 from the on board computer. I thought that was pretty awesome, considering while it was mainly all hwy, I did have some city mixed in, and I sat in some traffic every night on the hwy. So overall it was probably about 85% HWY, 15% city. And I got within 1 MPG of the window stickers HWY rating as an average.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:29 AM

Morning All,

Cold and wet today. Good thing my full riding suit is warm and waterproof! Possible frost tonight. Gotta bring the small citrus trees inside again. I'm really sick of winter this year.

Dustin - Sounds like your Mom's car is keeping you busy. You have help from your mechanic with the work you're doing? Glad Eleanor's rebuild is progressing. And I think I mentioned before, but just in case... I do like your new Sig. I've always had a sweet spot for Buick, going all the way back to when I was a little kid riding in my Grandpa's late 60's LeSabre. He sold it and bought a new one when I was about 14. My older brother could have bought it but didn't. I would have killed for that old car. It had great potential to be transformed into a hot ride. Years later a Buick Regal was our first 'family car' after my daughter was born. Great car. It started my long-lasting relationship with the GM 3.8L V6. That lead to the purchase of an '87 Buick Riviera. And eventually the '02 Monte. Same basic engine in each car.

Space - I didn't realize you and Pablo Picasso were so in tune mentally. That's awesome!

Michael - I hope your PCM arrives in time for the weekend. Would be nice to have it installed and ready to go for your commute next week. It's great to hear you're getting such good mileage, especially with your long commute.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 AM

Hi `Michael, super post & great MPG's 4-Sure...Will your new tuner increase your MPG's or decease ?
Wish you safe/fun travels in your awesome Monte 4-Sure.
==========================================
Good Morn'in `Dave,
Wish U warmer weather, and yes the cold is bad on fragile plants. The freeze this winter has damaged many plants tree's here in Florida. : (
Space - I didn't realize you and Pablo Picasso were so in tune mentally. That's awesome!

LOL, I don't know how in`tune I am with Pablo & I still have problems understanding his `art, but I do like some of his quotes : ) He sure was a colorful individual 4-RealSure : )

The enormous body of Picasso's work remains, and the legend lives on—a tribute to the vitality of the “disquieting” Spaniard with the “sombre . . . piercing” eyes who superstitiously believed that work would keep him alive. For nearly 80 of his 91 years Picasso devoted himself to an artistic production that contributed significantly to and paralleled the whole development of modern art in the 20th century.
R.I.P. with a Paint Brush : ) ( 1881 – 1973 )

Last edited by Space; 03-15-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 3/15/11