Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 3/1/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The Popcorn King
Morning Everyone.

Just getting ready for work today. It sure is a lot of work, but i love it. I was told tat we just bought out another company and will have over 50 new stores. Thats my chance to move up back into being a manager......i hope. alol
I hope so JJ, and then you can buy another Monte or two.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Hope you feel better man.

Originally Posted by Teacher
I hope so JJ, and then you can buy another Monte or two.
maybe...........

Old 03-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Teacher
Morning all. Congrats to David for winning Monte of the month. He was down 2 votes when I went to sleep last night, so a good come from behind win for sure.

I didn't head into school yesterday or today as I have been battling a stomach flu. Hopefully tomorrow I can start my 90 hours of student teaching.

Lou, thank you for doing what you do. A responsible gun owner does not make comments about taking guns anywhere, especially to crash another clubs meeting. We at the MCF love all cars, and their respective clubs.

Ok back to bed.
I can't take credit for banning him. JJ got to him first.

Many thanks to JJ!

Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Hi Teacher `Todd, sorry 2 read that U R not feeling good I went & undated the `Blog, cause I thought U would be @ school...I sure hope that you can get some rest, cause you sure have been super busy with school/your new home/looking for a car & so much more....Wish you a fast recovery...
Congrat's 2 `David for a super Win & it was a close race with 3 super Monte's...
==============================================
Hi `Justin, great 2 read about the $'s.....Hope they are big check's $'s : ) EnJoy
==================================================
Mod J.J., good luck on the new `job & getting in2 management 4-Real~>Sure..

Last edited by Space; 03-01-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:56 AM

Man, I didn't think he was like that. I guess you never know anyone over a computer like you think you would.

Just a BIG fyi, whenever I say" crash a party" I mean stop by and hang out. I don't posess a gun nor ever intend to.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

LUNCH!!!

Whats everyone having?

i've got a cup o noodles and water... wooo!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:19 PM

Hey Gang,

Well, the last few days have been exciting. Not really in a good way. The short version: I performed a remove-and-replace of the radiator on my wife's Monte TWICE in the past two days. And I damaged my motorcycle in the process....

The long version:

I discovered a leak at the radiator drain plug last week. I found a new plug (after a dozen calls and 30-min ride to pick one up) and installed it on Saturday. Radiator still leaked. Got ready to take it to the radiator repair shop. Did some research and figured out that I could drop in a whole new radiator myself for about $150. So Sunday I made some calls and picked up a new radiator at O'Reilly. Got it installed but had to stop refilling / checkout at sundown.

Monday morning I got up early, pulled the car out of the garage, and promptly backed up into my bike knocking it over. Damaged a couple body panels and destroyed the mirror on the left side. After assessing the damage, I went back to work on the Monte. Got the radiator refilled, put on the pressure tester, and promptly discovered it was leaking like a sieve - not only radiator fluid but transmission fluid as well from the connection near bottom passenger side. After messing with it for a couple more hours, I could find nothing wrong. So I gave up and brought it to my local shop.

The shop called a couple hours later to inform me that I had done nothing wrong. The radiator was simply bad. Back to the shop, pick up the car, drive home and start disassembling everything again. Brought the crappy radiator back, exchanged it for a new one, went home and started reassembling everything. Almost finished before dark.

Finished final assembly this morning. Filled the radiator back up, put on the pressure tester, crossed my fingers and held my breath and checked for leaks. Tight as a drum this time. (And there was much rejoicing)

Waiting now for the new mirrors for the bike (replacing both with better looking aftermarket version). Really hard to ride with only one mirror. Feel naked / vulnerable on the left side now. Damaged bodywork will have to wait.

Hopefully my week will continue to improve. Couldn't get any worse, right??

Sorry for such a long post. Thanks for letting me ramble. Have a great day, everyone.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Hope everyone is having a great day. It's 30 and sunny so if feels warm out. c'mon on spring.

Justin, I will also be enjoying a cup o noodles in a few moments.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:39 PM

Hi Member's, I had to wake `up for a late shipment due to the fires blocking I-95, so I thought I would say hi to everyone b-4 I crash back `out...
=============================
`Dave, I was sorry to read about your problems, & I'm happy that your skills & talents that you were able to repair : ( Also, I'm glad that your damage to your bike wasn't when you were riding 4-Sure...It's easier to fix your bike then yourself 4-Real.
Good luck on getting the bike repaired, and good luck in `life.
======================================
Hope everyone is having a good day....We must search out the positives, and be happy 2 still `be : )
Peace/Happy/Out from the `Kid

Old 03-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Hope everyone is having a great day. It's 30 and sunny so if feels warm out. c'mon on spring.

Justin, I will also be enjoying a cup o noodles in a few moments.

Hi `Lou, great to read that your weather is better, and I wish member's in the below listed states good luck...I hope none of our member's are affected by the floods...Keep us updated `OK
Click above links 2 View...Mother nature is outa control again

Quick Reply: MEMBER'S BLOG & Check In: Tuesday 3/1/11