Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Shirt V2 a trip to it's members

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default MCF Shirt V2 a trip to it's members

Hello all,
as some of you may remember back in 2010 we had taz's trip around the world,

Pic thread from taz's trip

I would like to bring V2 to to everyone
I have a MCF shirt that was made up by a member and it sat in my back window representing the forum, now I would like to send it on a journey, I have set up a dedicated email for it I will roll out rules and procedures for it in the next few days to get the ball rolling, so who's in?
Name:  20150910_222212_zps4xnb7at6.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  370.5 KB

Last edited by Budsjlm; 09-10-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:11 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

That looks like fun!!!

Old 09-11-2015, 05:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I'm game, but not much time left before my Monte gets parked.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:49 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Too bad it wasn't started a little sooner so you could start it at the Michigan meet!!

Old 09-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I'm confused on what's going on here....

Old 09-12-2015, 12:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

If this is going to start again, a couple additional ideas:
- Time limit as to how long members could hold on to the shirt before passing it on. Some people held on to it for weeks, maybe a month+ before moving it on. If you are not ready to take pics with it, let someone who is take next in line. When I got the original shirt I tried to do something with it within a week and then find the next person to move it on to.
- When shipping the shirt, post the tracking number!! This way it is confirmed that it was shipped and if it goes missing there is a tracking number to contact the shipper.
- Keep in mind, the idea is to try and move this item to as many members as possible and allow them to sign it. Don't consume large portions of the shirt signing it.

Originally Posted by turbo monte
I'm confused on what's going on here....
Not sure if you were a member at the time, but a MCF.com member years ago got a Taz T-shirt and the idea was to send it to other members. The next member to receive it would sign it and get pics of it with their car or at local land marks, then either meet with another member or mail it to the next person.
The idea was a lot of fun, but came to a sad end when it got lost in shipping somewhere.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Pretty cool idea for sure, I have been a member here since 2008 but disappeared for a bit probably when this was going on the first time. Would be very cool too see this happen!

Old 09-12-2015, 08:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I signed the original and shipped it on..

Old 09-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
If this is going to start again, a couple additional ideas:
- Time limit as to how long members could hold on to the shirt before passing it on. Some people held on to it for weeks, maybe a month+ before moving it on. If you are not ready to take pics with it, let someone who is take next in line. When I got the original shirt I tried 54 do something with it within a week and then find the next person to move it on to.
- When shipping the shirt, post the tracking number!! This way it is confirmed that it was shipped and if it goes missing there is a tracking number to contact the shipper.
- Keep in mind, the idea is to try and move this item to as many members as possible and allow them to sign it. Don't consume large portions of the shirt signing it.

Not sure if you were a member at the time, but a MCF.com member years ago got a Taz T-shirt and the idea was to send it to other members. The next member to receive it would sign it and get pics of it with their car or at local land marks, then either meet with another member or mail it to the next person.
The idea was a lot of fun, but came to a sad end when it got lost in shipping somewhere.
Completely agree, this is part of my plan and part of the reason I set up the dedicated email to it, I wantedi to get them up and get this going sooner but work all weekend which im working more than my normal 12hr been 16-18Hr shifts so I get home,shower and usually try to relax, then I have monday/Tues off so plan on getting pics with it and on a computer so I can easily set up threads for both pictures and discussion/rules/procedures/issues /tracking ect becuase on a phone just isn't the easiest

Old 09-16-2015, 08:44 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm game to try this again. I agree with Barbara. Too bad it didn't get started a little early. It could've made the rounds at the MMCC meet last weekend.