Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Member's Calendar

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
ohhh ohhh ooooooooohhh!! pick me! pick me!

we ought to do a big knight crest on the cover, black border with a dark blue inlay & silver accents. the blue & silver because thats about the color of any page on this forum, & the black to balance it out. then run JJ's logo at the top, and monte of the month '09 calander at the bottem.

i figure the knight would be cool, as it is as connected to the monte carlo about as much as the bowtie is connected with chevy. also, its a good, nutral design, and its on almost everyone's cars... except us 5th genners. ( damn restyled luminas, lol)

what does everyone think? would something like this look good?
All well and good. And I like the idea of the Knight Shield. But like was pointed out not all Montes got the shield on their cars even when new.

Also keep in mind. Unless you guys want to pay $25 or more for a calendar all this art work will need to be done by some volunteer then a finished copy submitted.

Any takers on the project?

I'm sure such a web site exists out there where you can add in borders, colors, what have you to a custom made calendar like we're interested in. The 4 - 5 sites I know of you upload an image you supply, make a few adjustments, and they print the end copy for you. You can add in wall paper to at least one web site I've used. But that's like leaves for fall, fireworks for summer and so on.

SOMETHING TO CONSIDER FOR ANYONE INTERESTED:
I was going to offer this up. Anyone who wants their B-day added on the calendar let me know and I'll do what I can to get this done.
I'm game.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by rj
SOMETHING TO CONSIDER FOR ANYONE INTERESTED:
I was going to offer this up. Anyone who wants their B-day added on the calendar let me know and I'll do what I can to get this done.
I'm game.
oo oo i want my b-day on it =D december 5, 1990 (aka the day that the world got turned upside down! lol)

Old 11-03-2009, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'll take my birthday, since it's the same month my car will be featured :P

What work needs to be done for the calendar??

Old 11-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

One VERY important thing I need to say if anyone is doing a collage...

IT CANNOT RESEMBLE ANY LOGO USED OR OWNED BY ANOTHER CLUB OR FORUM.

Collages like the one John Harvey created for the National Monte Carlo Owners Association are Trade Marked.

I kinda like the big close up picture of that knight's crest from the 1971 Monte.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
oo oo i want my b-day on it =D december 5, 1990 (aka the day that the world got turned upside down! lol)
One thing I might add in here myself.

MOST (or all) women would rather not reveal what year they were born. And if you think you can get away with not telling you got another thing coming.

Oh wait. That wasn't what I intended to say. lol

You need not include the year. Just the month and day is all I will need. If this little project goes over well and we decide on another MCf MOTM calendar for 2011 we'll see about adding in something else like anniversary dates?

But if you want your B-day included, send me a PM with the information and just reveal the month/day.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:18 AM

I kind of like both the crest and the collage ideas. (Lot of help, I know!) I think with the collage more people may buy them but since your not having them made and are getting them through Cafe Press I guess it really matters not.

I do think if you go with the collage, to make thinks easier on the poor sucker err... umm... I mean volunteer there should be a size requirement IE: like avatars 100*100 or so, be less work trying to place the pics if they are uniform size. Speaking of avatars perhaps a collage of members avatars??? Since that's how most of us "know" each other anyhow. Just another idea to mull around.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by rj
One thing I might add in here myself.

MOST (or all) women would rather not reveal what year they were born. And if you think you can get away with not telling you got another thing coming.

Oh wait. That wasn't what I intended to say. lol

You need not include the year. Just the month and day is all I will need. If this little project goes over well and we decide on another MCf MOTM calendar for 2011 we'll see about adding in something else like anniversary dates?

But if you want your B-day included, send me a PM with the information and just reveal the month/day.
pssh i'm not old so i'm not worried about people knowing my age, well in most cases at least

well yeahh i know you dont have to have the year lol it was suppose to be a joke but apparently that's a joke for "in-person" lol!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

The cover design has been decided. It will remain a secret for now. You'll have to wait until the calendar comes out to see it!

Old 11-04-2009, 09:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
The cover design has been decided. It will remain a secret for now. You'll have to wait until the calendar comes out to see it!
Don't worry, I'm wearing a shirt

I should get my Monte pictures for the calendar done this weekend, weather depending. Got my hands on a very nice Canon DSLR for the weekend

Might have a new signature too

Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Here's two possibilities that may be the cover.

Or maybe not. You'll find out. :p

Attached Thumbnails MCF Member's Calendar-red-green-show-harold-calendar.jpg   MCF Member's Calendar-taz-desk-calendar-cover.jpg  

Quick Reply: MCF Member's Calendar