Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Member's Calendar

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 11:49 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default MCF Member's Calendar

Guys and gals,

I just thought I'd start a new thread on the subject.

First if we really want to see the project through we need to decide which type of calendar we want? One with 12 images of member's cars or a MOTM calendar?

I copied some info I posted in the thursdays thread. Please read it over and leave feedback on the idea.

Originally Posted by Taz
I like both calendar ideas. RJ's and Mike's MOTM calendar.

If we do a calendar we have to decide which type we want? Either 12 images of members cars, OR a MOTM calendar with the MOTY on the cover.

(my $0.02 worth) Right now a MOTM calendar may be better. But, it won't be available till some time in january. First cause there is no MOTM for december yet and then the voting for MOTY has to be completed. Then it's get the images to the printer, print calendars, and send them out.

Tony from Chevy Talk & I were talking this evening. I told him I wanted to go with the Cafe' Press idea of letting them do the CT Tri-5 members calendars for 2010. Let the members see the difference in pricing versus me having the printing done and me only charging whatever the shipping charge was. Cafe' Press will add to the mailing charges, to make some off the shipping for themselves.

But I see no reason we couldn't use Cafe' Press to do our calendars for us?

NOTE:
Guys if we were to do a members calendar please do not feel your car isn't worthy of being included. Even if it's in primer it still represents the cars we all love. So please. Do not feel your car isn't ready to be in a member's calendar.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I still say to make it MOTM with the MOTY on the cover. That way, each year, it changes.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And we don't have to pick and choose which member's car gets to be in it. It's already voted each month. It also adds more motivation to work for MOTM and make the voting even more important.

And with the new rules that you can't win for a year, it will keep the calendar changing like JJ said.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:06 AM
rj
15 Year Member

As long as everyone's okay with it, we can give it a try.

We'll go with Cafe' Press or similar for the printing. That way if you want one I don't have to have 25 calendars printed up and 5 who said they wanted one but didn't pay for them won't stick me with the 5 unwanted calendars. Making me come on here and beg for someone to please buy them.

But I'll look into a couple other sources for the printing, and compare costs. Maybe we can get an 8.5 x 11 calendar cheaper then Cafe' Press $15/calendar?

Old 10-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Sounds like a good idea.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I really like this idea!

I think MOTM would be the best calendar. I would love a Monte calander with new Monte's every year.

(just a side note, there is a photo studio in the same building as my work. They do shoots of models. Anyway, the owner of the photo shop came up to me yesterday and asked if I would be willing to let him take pictures of my car with the models. I thought that would be pretty cool, he must find the Monte Carlo to have a high sex appeal! )

Old 10-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I like the MOTM calendar idea more. I thought of the problem with the Monte Of The Year winner.

Some options that may help to solve that problem:

-- Change the voting date for Monte of the Year to the beginning of December instead of the end.

-- Use the MOTY winner from the previous year.

The problem with moving the MOTY voting to the beginning of December, is that the MOTY would steal the December MOTM winner's thunder.

And I'm just not crazy about using the previous year's MOTY winner.

As far as the pictures are concerned. I would suggest having each MOTM winner email who-ever a high resolution version of the MOTM pic. The pics in the Winners Gallery don't blow up well.

Edit: I'm leaning more toward the idea of moving the voting date of the MOTY.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

How about one of the previous MOTYs for the cover car, and the MOTMs for the 12 months.

Last edited by RocknSS04; 10-23-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I just don't think he wants... a certain car... to be featured right now

Old 10-23-2009, 05:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Gee, I wonder why? LOL

Quick Reply: MCF Member's Calendar