Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday September 30, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

good luck robyn

Old 09-30-2009, 10:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

See my point proven right there!!! Justin has not heard of the largest recall, yet he knows of a different one that we (the general public) don't know about. The point: We don't hear about things that go wrong with Toyota, but we aure as hell hear about everything that goes wrong with Ameican cars!

Old 09-30-2009, 10:55 AM
10 Year Member

i do want to point out i don't deal with customers or cars at all.... i work in parts.... i occasionially have to deal with body shops delivering parts but thats about it

Last edited by Budsjlm; 09-30-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Ameican cars!
Learn how to spell your country son! J/K

A lot of times you don't hear about a recall until something can be done about the recall. Like Justin said, he knows that is going to happen, but the companies may have to split things up and order parts first. Remember we found out about the L36 recall, before GM made official notice because they were sourcing parts and training people how to fix the problem.

Not that I'm defending anyone, but they are probably just preparing for the large amount of cars that will come in. (because they suck! zing)

Old 09-30-2009, 11:04 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
Morning all. At work about to take a test. Nervous as crap. Thanks for the support michael. Here goes nothing...
Good Luck!

Old 09-30-2009, 11:07 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Learn how to spell your country son! J/K

A lot of times you don't hear about a recall until something can be done about the recall. Like Justin said, he knows that is going to happen, but the companies may have to split things up and order parts first. Remember we found out about the L36 recall, before GM made official notice because they were sourcing parts and training people how to fix the problem.

Not that I'm defending anyone, but they are probably just preparing for the large amount of cars that will come in. (because they suck! zing)
Oops... AMERICAN, AMERICAN, AMERICAN! Made in the United States of America!!! LOL!

Good point! about the recall not yet being announced...but in any event, we can still party over the fact that this will make for 2 recalls in the same year! J/K

Old 09-30-2009, 11:53 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I agree with Michael. When ever a GM, Ford, or Chrysler has a problem or a recall, all the media and auto analists/reviewers come out of the woodwork ranting how the Detroit 3 can't get it right. Imports have gotten it right for decades.... blah, blah, blah.

I'm tired of the double standard. I've noticed a long time ago that magazines like Consumer Reports continually trash GM, Ford, and Chrysler. While kissing the feet (figuratively) of every import car that comes along.

I'm sorry the owners of those recalled Toyotas are being inconvenienced. But I'm damn glad the "always perfect" image of the imports has been tarnished for a change.

Every car I've owned (all GM) came from a north american assembly plant. Three from Michigan assembly plants, and the Monte from Ontario.
Wasn't too many years ago Toyota hada recall on 9 million cars. Did you hear one word about from our news media? NOPE!!!!

But if it was one of our car companies they'd have ground it in to the pavement like they always do.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member

they also have a recall goin on the tacoma's ....premature rusting of the frame.... if they arn't rusted they trow undercoating on it and send it out...if it's bad they will replace the frame and

Old 09-30-2009, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member

if it is really bad yota will buy back the truck...thats what they get for not heat treating there frames....

Old 09-30-2009, 12:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I heard about that recall a few months ago. Someone I knew had the truck rust out of the frame.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday September 30, 2009