Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Wednesday December 02, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 02:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Did you ever get the new tires for your Monte?
ha no but i did find which ones i'm getting. i'm getting eagle gts instead of sticking with rs-a ones. they're cheaper and i heard they're better. instead of blowing over 1000 bucks on the rs-as, i'll only be spending around 500 for the gts and then my friend is gonna balance them for free. so i should be getting them soon and the day before i get them switched i'm going on some back roads with a friend and a camera and burnin the old tires up!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
and the day before i get them switched i'm going on some back roads with a friend and a camera and burnin the old tires up!
Please don't put that stress on your transmission / brakes / car. As fun as that would be, you can honestly mess something up.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The RSA's SUCK! I had them on my Cavalier...They stink. Your way better off with the GT's

Old 12-02-2009, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Please don't put that stress on your transmission / brakes / car. As fun as that would be, you can honestly mess something up.
yeah that's the only thing i'm scared off but i've only done that once and after that day i probably wouldn't ever do it again until i get another daily driver. but pretty much all i want is a quick picture as like a "prize" ya know lol idk i'm strange!

The RSA's SUCK! I had them on my Cavalier...They stink. Your way better off with the GT's
well they seem alright but i've just always heard that the GTs are better so that's what i'm going with

Old 12-02-2009, 02:59 PM

The RSAs I had on my 95 Z34 seemed good in the dry but when I was driving back from college in the remnants of a hurricane I'm pretty sure I felt the front end starting to hydroplane on the back roads doing about 60. I slowed down from that point.

But as Brittany said the cost difference alone makes the choice a lot easier. Think I have GSCs (???) on the Z28, they grip the road but unsure what the $ value on those were. Got the set and wheels from SLP as take-offs from a Trans-Am getting it's SLP makeover for $600. Couldn't pass up the tires and rims for that price!

Old 12-02-2009, 03:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm running / ran RSA-s for 165,000 miles :P. Rain/snow/sleet/anything never stopped me or anything. Though I am never going to buy them again haha.

I never told the forum my little story on Sunday when I was driving back to Philly!!! I feel so ashamed for not sharing.

So as I was driving home, there's a great big road (route 1) where everyone likes to race. Well as I'm on this road, just hanging out being a good kid, all of a sudden I saw all these stupid cars get on at the same time. Before you know it, I'm in the middle of a rice paddy (lol). So we're all sitting at this red light, and all I hear is fart-cans and bass, and the light turns green. I didn't race. They were all driving like idiots around me, and this one white P.O.S. got along side me and revved it, so I revved him back. Apparently that meant I wanted to race EVERY car there.

I was out front in no time and when they got stuck at a red light that I was nowhere near, I never saw them again.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 PM

ha nice story mike! jsut outta curiousity how much horsepower does your car have???

Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Its like 11:59 and i just got out of gf's house, Im tired and heading home. Well some inginuative **** must have said, "hey lets put black grease under brocks door handles NURHURHUR!!!" then another one was like "haha ill put a tampon next to it..."
Needless to say i got out a rag and went back in to wash my hands. I cant wait till I find out who did it...
hey, if you REALLY wanna **** 'em off, dump a bottle of this down the cowl fresh air vent of their car.

of course, thats kinda overkill, even for doing a prank on a monte they would probibly need a new interior after a stunt like that

not much here, just got back from down in mount bethel, a friend told me about a lil general store that sells REAL venison prouducts, stuff hunters bring in, not the farm bread crap. i bought a ton of snack sticks, sausage, jerkey, and some bolagna. god its good, lol.
other than that, im off to bed. night all!

Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

ryan is this the store??

Bangor General Store
  • (610) 588-6753
39 Broadway, Bangor, PA 18013

Old 12-02-2009, 08:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Evening all.
Enzo, paybacks are one thing, just don't over do it.
Brittany, How did you get SO many college credits in high school? That's pretty AWESOME that you are SO close to being a junior at 19! Does all of the credits apply towards your major degree?
I've been under the weather the last 2 days. Got it from LadyT. Got the screamin' sh*ts! Hopefully I'll be over it tomorrow.

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Wednesday December 02, 2009