Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Tuesday September 29, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening fellow MCF'rs! Had a WAY to many numbers day! Went brain dead crunching dimensional checks. Using formulas to check theoretical points on stuff you can't really check (DUMB). Had to leave early cuz of the brain deadness.
JJ, here in MI, you reduce your unemployment dollar for dollar for everything you make. You make $100, you lose $100 in benefits! Why try for a part time job???
I feel that there is only 2 fields that are worth working in right now, and one of those is shaky. The shaky one is medical. Some kind of a technician, such as x-ray maybe, but expect to work nights and weekends. The other is military components, which is what I do. I'm the engineering manager of a small defense contractor. Most of this is steady. We have over a year backlog, and more contracts available. Everything else, IMO, is economy dependent, or gone overseas. Good luck to you in your brain surgery on the job training! LOL! Maybe you should become a teacher? Seems like someone else around here is a teacher! I know teachers out of work tho. Cut backs. ANY education will be a GOOD thing.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey all, i'm here now, just got home from work! so i see the usual people with one exception, where is ryan (skylark65)? is he the new MIA? be back soon, more posts to read, see ya

Old 09-29-2009, 06:11 PM

Hey everyone. School was ok. Kid told me to f off. I think one of my 8th grade female students may be using. Had a weird look in her face today.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

chris, im here, lol. just been mega busey.......... speeking of, i gots dinner ill be back on in a few.... or tomorrow.... hope everyone had a decent day

Old 09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Teacher
Hey everyone. School was ok. Kid told me to f off. I think one of my 8th grade female students may be using. Had a weird look in her face today.

todd, i really hope everything gets better, are you trained or anything like that to step in on a student who may be using?? also, what options do you have to to stop kids from saying stuff like that to you?? just wondering, hang in there!!

Old 09-29-2009, 06:51 PM

Mike, thanks for the link to the flashlight thingie lighter adapter deal. Looks like a definate must add to my arsenal!

Old 09-29-2009, 07:13 PM

im BAAAAA-aaaaaak.

ok, so ive been tied up today because i decided to hich a ride with my friend, & i had no time to get on the 'puter.... i just skimmed todays blog, im sure i missed some stuff.

todd, my math teacher has a marble thing for cremated remains on her desk, the plaq reads " ashes of my problem students " as for thinking one of your students is using, well thats sadly amazing, id' say a good 65% of the kids in my school are getting smoked up in the bathroom.... or worse, lol. got a shocker last night, as a matter of fact... i havent seen one of my friends ive knowen "forever" scince last school year.... now i know why: he got sent to rehab....

well, imma go check out some of the other threds, later everyone.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:19 PM

Chris we have a school discipline plan that includes referrals, in school suspension, detention. I don't have the training to deal with a lot of these issues unfortunately. I had a lot of friends do a lot of different drugs growing up so I have some first hand knowledge. Ryan unfortunately you are right. We had a 6th grader expelled day one for dealing. It really is sad how far some kids have drifted.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:35 PM

sure is, todd. most of the people i know & hang out with ( i think me & 2 others are the exception) are stoners... and i dont really care, as long as they keep themselves in check.... most can, some cant... another kid who WAS my friend got expelled for smoking pot in the hallway, he also got almost 2 years probation.... was a good kid, but too much of a follower.... hes on probation, & i see less & less of him.... got wind he was doing coke & exticy ( idk how its spelled).... and hee's HAPPY with his life in a dich, so screw him, lol.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
15 Year Member

on a side note, ryan how did the kwanza hut hold up? i said in the blog lastnight that you better get it tied down because it was bad here and i figured it was coming your way!!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Tuesday September 29, 2009