Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog TGIF: Friday October 16, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF Members Blog TGIF: Friday October 16, 2009

Above MCF logo by ModeratorJ.J. -Thank You,
MCF ToDay
Friday, October 16, 2009
TGIF

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth
`Off Topic
For Every Member to Post
and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

* Make a post & say`Hi Don't be `Shy
Become part of our Monte Carlo Family.
Please don't hurt with your words/post
`Thank You!

The MCF is a Stress Free Family Zone

October 2009
Monte of the Month
`Winner
Bumpin96Monte
- Chad -

Check out all our MCF Winner's
https://montecarloforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=10474
^click^
Thanks to our MCF Administrator `Taz, aka `Lou
for his dedication to the Monte Carlo Family.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:28 AM

Hello EveryBody

Don't fall `off, hold on -> it's a free ride...
How are you going to invest another day of your life ?

How many days do we get ?
How much time is left ?

tick-tick

You must have got another day 2 `if U R read'in this
"Be the Driver of Your `Life"
Remember, your `Journey can be so much better `if you are driving the
AweSome Chevrolet Monte Carlo

4-Sure
~ EnJoy ~

SunRise - SunSet

EnJoy the present of another day of `life.
It's your `Journey, your choice, your decision.
"Speak Good, & Act your Words"
Be happy to be free 2 `be..

I am thankful 4 `Life....I choose to enjoy `it, and do my
part to make it better, & extract the most from each `day given : )
Wish Everyone a Good Day, a Good `Life
&
a Super Weekend
4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 10-16-2009 at 03:33 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Good mornin all

Old 10-16-2009, 05:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Mornin' all.
Mike, as far as rotor life, I run the Powerslots. I bought the original set about 5 years ago now for my '01 SS LE. When I got the Intimidator SS I did a brake swap. That was about 155,000 miles ago. A year ago I put on the F-body brake calipers and new front rotors (30,000 mi. ago.) The rears still look great. They were turned twice now, and still have lots of life. The fronts have a touch of warp, and will need turning soon. The Hawk pads that came off at 120K miles still had about 1/3 the life left in them. Point is, slotted rotors keep the pads clean = long life. Cheap brakes are just that, and cost more in the long run. So don't expect to replace your rotors in a year if they are slotted.
As far as the teaching job, I am looking at several classes, predominently math orientated: Technical math, geometry and trig', etc. A couple of other classes maybe. Most of these only meet 1 night a week. Looking at 3 classes a week, for about $280 a week part time (8 contact hours x $35/hr).
Hope everyone has a GREAT friday!
TGIF!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

morning, all. no 2 hour delay for me, lol. i think this is the first time they have not delayed or closed on the first snow... usually the first time there are flurrys in the AM they close the school alltogeather, lol. oh, well. see everyone in the 'noon.

have a GREAT friday, everyone

Old 10-16-2009, 07:23 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Hi everyone. I hope those of us who are now in the midst of this cooler weather are keeping warm today? I know I'm freezing my --- off right now.

I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd clog up the net a while? Today is my 2nd friday for the month of october off. It is also the start of my last week of vacation off.

I have two more fridays off when I go back to work in 10 days so I want to try and make the most of it. Cause after that it's no more days off till spring.

UPS gave me my 10yr award yesterday before I left. Of course I got virtually no recognition for this milestone. They also gave the award to me LATE. (typical of them)

I wanted to work on one of my '57s today but since the grass hasn't been mowing in close to two weeks that needs done first. We had a steady rain from tuesday till yesterday. Couldn't mow then. And the weather guy got the weather all wrong sun, and monday. they said rain so I planned on it raining. And it didn't.

It would be nice to be able to attend one or two of the remaining car show events planned for the next two weeks. Tomorrow morning they're predicting snow for us. So going to a car show isn't going to be that much fun setting in the car all day long with the heater going.

We'll just have to wait and see on this snow thing I guess?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:56 AM

Good morning everyone. Heading in early for our meeting and then to class tonight. Have a great friday everyone.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wayne,

I wanted to buy just the powerslot rotors + hawk pad combo, but right now it's just too costly and I REALLY need to get these stockers swapped off. It's starting to get dangerous to stop :P So I'm going to try these ebay ones because I just can't beat that price. If they suck, they suck and I'll take the time to save up and get the new ones properly, I just need to get something on my car so I'll take the chance right now. Hopefully they work out for me though

Finally Friday. Been a long week, glad to see it is over. Where The Wild Things Are is out today, might try to get a group of friends to go see that with me

Anyone have good plans for the weekend? I was going to do an 8mile AIDS walk this Sunday, but I hurt my ankle running so I think it'll be best to rest that.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
update, fingers are a little cold, just went out and put air in all four tires, gave a little tightening with my new tool on the valve stems, just a tad, not much, i put 32 psi in all wheels!! checked what the tire monitoring system on the screen?? (what is it called, a dic, pcm or bcm) said it it read 27 psi all around, so it is 5 psi from the computer to the mini 12v craftsman charger i just bought for $30?? so wtf, which is right??? got me?? any thoughts would be great, thanks....
Chris, I'm grabbing this from yesterday's so I'm sure it's seen. Have you ever manually reset all of your TPMS? It's a rather weird process in your car. I've only ever done it once for my Dad, but that might need to be done. It explains how in your owner's manual.

Anyway, what I'm getting at, is that your car did not come from the factory with the wheels that you have on it. Since you have aftermarket RIMS and probably a different tire size than stock, your computer is all sorts of screwed up.

I would trust your gauge reading from the individual tire stem over the car.

After filling each to 32PSI, are you feeling a difference? Or have you not driven it yet?

Old 10-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

mornin all... been at work for a but now but woke up late...7:45 to exact and it takes atleast 15 min to get to work...i start at 8...threw on some clothes an out the door i go..made it here by 8:10..

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog TGIF: Friday October 16, 2009