Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Sunday October 18, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
going to spontaniously combust......i left kinda earlie...i started havin weird lowe abdominal pains...so i came down and fell asleep about 11:30 ...gf came down about 3
OMG... your gonna spontaniously combust, and to top everything off it sounds like you might be preagnent! lol. were ya able to catch the swapmeet, justin?

not much going on here, my lil brother had a report to do so i have not been able to get on the 'puter much. my dad accadentaly broke the thermostat on his van, so i told him to take the monte into work tomorrow. thats gonna be its longest trip in probibly 2 1/2 years

well, bro needs to get back to his project, later everyone!

Old 10-18-2009, 06:32 PM

Hey guys had an interesting day working on the burban. Got the new fuel lines ran. Put the throttle body spacer in and fired it up. It was idling really fast so I looked and the throttle linkage is not letting the blades close all the way. So I start trying to figure out how to adjust it. No luck. Look it up online and couldn't find anything specific to my application. Tried a few things the POS haynes manual said to do. Pulled the throttle cable off the bracket it was on and it allowed the blades to close. Start and it idols perfect but no throttle as the cable is not pulling against the bracket anymore. Decided to pull the throttle body spacer out until I can figure it out. Pull the spacer out and start to put it back together notice the new fuel lines are not letting the Throttle body sit flush on the manifold. Adjust the angle and bolt throttle body down. Start it up and it is racing and then boom. Ball of fire out the back of the throttle body in the bottom. Shut it off and realize the throttle body is not all the way down as the new fuel line are hanging it up. Look around and think I found how to adjust the Throttle body so pull it back off and reinstall the spacer. Fuel line clears and we have contact with the manifold. Start trying to adjust the throttle linkage. Start it up and it is fast idling again but no fire ball. I decided to unhook the throttle cable and see if it goes back to a normal idle. This time instead of leaving the cable loose I put it right in front of the bracket it normally snaps into. start it up and it idles fine. Push the gas and I got throttle. I realized it is pulling against the bracket to get pressure and that is why I now have throttle. check the cable and it is secure for the moment. Put the air cleaner on and drive it up and down the street. Runs great and shifts perfect.

So now my question is how do I properly adjust the linkage because it can't be safe the way I have it?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:35 PM

Todd... Don't ask me. Glad you didn't set yourself on fire tho.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Todd, can you take a pic and post it?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:56 PM

JJ pics are uploading.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:02 PM

Notice how its unplugged and in front of the bracket.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I judged a car show today - still unseasonable cool for this time of year, but at least the sun was out. I have one more show next Saturday and the season will be over. I was driving my 05 home from going to the store and my turn signals stopped working for a short time - weird.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:41 PM

todd, that big vacume canister, that is the linkage for the cruise control? perhaps that is goofed up, and the cruse linkage is holding the throttle open. might be something to do with the engines vacume... i would disconect the cruise control linkage & see if that solves your problem.

now you need to write back and say "ryan, it does not have cruse" lol

Old 10-18-2009, 09:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Todd, I'm too tired to even see what that conglomerate of whatever is. Makes no sense whatsoever right now.Sorry.
Drove over 500 miles today to visit Mom and Dad. Mom's doing all right, but that's about all I can say. Between being 90, diabetic, alzheimers, congestive heart failure, and pneumonia again, she's in tough shape. Glad I made the trip. Dad is WHOOPED! (he's 92, and still driving). Stopped by the house to see Dad for a few minutes on the way home from the hospital. I"M whooped! Going to bed now. Later all.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:09 PM

night, wayne! good to hear your parents are doing OK for their age. not many are lucky enough to see 90. if you thought about that like driving the same car for 90 years, there are bound to be some problems, but with proper maintaince you could get plenty more

im off to bed in a couple myself, gotta be up at 5:20 am tomorrow for school...
NIGHT EVERYONE!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Sunday October 18, 2009