Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Saturday September 26, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

'specially in pa dang salty roads... well, i am glad you got everything taken care of, robyn. a lil more tweaking & she'll be ready for bonaville

well, it looks like we got your rain, chris. it was fairly nice today, got to be like, 70*! wow, i was afraid the tires on the monte were gonna melt, lol. now its down to low 50's

me & my dad went to the cleanup days for the township, i used to be able to pick through the piles & get "the good stuff" ... lawnmowers, bikes, tools, CB's, tires, more bikes, more lawnmowers, i even found a NOS sign for a fallout shelter once... its above my bed, lol. anyways, i say USED to be able to get this stuff, because yet again, a few morons ruin it for everyone.... last time a bunch of kids went down & threw everything around & broke glass everywhere. so now they ran everything over with a dozer & tossed it directly in the dumpster and i REALLLY needed a new mower

im still sick, too, but i went and cleaned up around the yard a lil today, tomorrow i think imma do the oil on the monte... my grandpa gave me 2 cases of moble 1 5W 30 synthetic i might use, what do you guys think? should i stick with my regular 10w 30 castrol? or try the synthetic?

Old 09-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

evening all just been workin my butt off on my bro's car uck i'm shampooing the seats....the last owner was a heavy smoker.... it's commong out literially black

Old 09-26-2009, 07:59 PM

Rockauto has them, best price I've found even with shipping:
2000 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO LS 3.4L 207cid V6 FI (E) : Suspension : Strut MountPriceCoreTotalMONROE Part # 902968 {Strut-Mate Suspension Strut Mounting Kit}
Rear Right
$15.48$0.00$15.48
MONROE Part # 902969 {Strut-Mate Suspension Strut Mounting Kit}
Rear Left
$15.48$0.00$15.48

Old 09-26-2009, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member

ryan if she leaks any oil i'd stray away the syntec will only make it worse....

Old 09-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ryan that sucks when a few idiots have to screw up a good thing. hope you feel better soon. tomorrow is supposed to be a very nice day here in pittsburgh, so you should get a pretty good day tomorrow to change the oil!!

Old 09-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Paging Dr. JJ

Paging Dr. JJ

You're needed to remove the contents of a bag of popcorn! LOL.

Robyn... That's great that they did the fronts for you gratis. I think I see why the previous owner was eager to get rid of it. Probably figured too much stuff to fix on it. But I think with the help of some free labor your car will be back to it's former glory very soon.

If anything, I think going through that kind of experience helps people to learn the value of taking care of your stuff. Not that you, Robyn, needed that lesson. I think a lot of people, like the previous owner of your car, need that lesson.

I hate to think how badly that person is wrecking another car now.

If we take care of our car(s), they will be there when we need them most.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 PM

Thanks Taz. I love my baby. She's always been the only thing that's there for me when I need her the most.

In other news, as I was coming home from all of this, and going clothes shopping good news on that front I DROPPED THREE PANTS SIZES since my divorce!!!!!!!! There was a horrible accident after a blind bend in a road a cobalt full of teenagers (they all looked really young) took the bend too wide and got into the other lane, tboned by a dodge dually. and apparently there was a car backing out of it's driveway so the rear end got clipped somehow? People were getting CUT from vehicles. 15 minutes earlier had I been coming home and NOT decided to stop and get gas, I thought... I could have been involved in that accident. My mother was freaking out because she remembers seeing me after having been pulled from my Monte. We didn't really see how it happened just saw the aftermath...and there was flames, smoke, you name it.

Here's the kick in the ***...As I come around the bend at 30 mph and notice traffic is stopped I come to a complete stop and some IDIOT jumps out of the bushes on the right side of the door... does a BARREL ROLL over my hood and then SLAPPED MY CAR. I about got out and ****ed him up....and yes...THERE'S A DENT!!!! Cop saw him do it and he got cited. Now I get to take it monday morning to get fixed at my body shop. I don't want to take any pictures of the damage. Makes me sick just looking at it. ****ing ********. It's not his property yknow so he figures he'll just destroy it.

Building on your story Taz, people need to learn the value of property PERIOD. And NOT to touch something that DOESN'T belong to you. You never saw me get so mad. Well, except the time I told kevin to eff off...

Last edited by moonlitmagik; 09-26-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by sideways
Rockauto has them, best price I've found even with shipping:
2000 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO LS 3.4L 207cid V6 FI (E) : Suspension : Strut MountPriceCoreTotal MONROE Part # 902968 {Strut-Mate Suspension Strut Mounting Kit}
Rear Right
$15.48$0.00$15.48
MONROE Part # 902969 {Strut-Mate Suspension Strut Mounting Kit}
Rear Left
$15.48$0.00$15.48
Thanks sideways. I'll have to order them. I will need them. Better than what they wanted to hose me for on the parts. I think I'm being upcharged.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

justin, i kinda figured i might have to worry about leaks... i dont think i have any major ones, not enuff to drip onto the tarp floor in the kwanza hut... but my oil pan has some fairly fresh looking oil on it, idk if its seeping aroud the pan gasket or what.... idk, imma probibly use the castrol till i can sort anything else out that comes up...

and boy oh boy can i relate to the fromer smoker car thing... you should try to find some armor all " multi - purpose cleaner" for any vinal interiors that have that... my uncle bought a '75 buick lasabre convertable when i was little, metallic orange with a white top & white vinal / leather interior... due to the former 2 pack a day smoker owner , the interior looked like it was dark beige at first.... the armor all stuff worked awsome, the tobacco rolled off everything & the interior was whiter than a sheet of paper

Old 09-26-2009, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member

The befor

The after...

This is from ONE! seat
previous owner did not treat this car well...i gatta get a better pic tomarow

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Saturday September 26, 2009