Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Members Blog: Monday November 30, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

haha I just read the PMs, go us :P

Old 11-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

[quote=skylark65;180084]morning, everyone! i got a surprise today, 'caus i remembered that school is closed for the first day of rifle season. yay!

jarhead, i do almost the same as you with most other forums i'm on, i just enjoy reading what people post & i join to ask the occational question. you got me wondering what i missed on the joining a forum to vote on a poll? imma have to go look for that one.[/qu
[PHP][/PH

Skylark I just posting against an echange made Sunday on the motm poll. Not pointing out or accusing anyone directly of this...just responding to what I read. Jarhead

Old 11-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey alll just a rather boring day at work... setting up my sig and what not on a few other sites... i could go for a nap right about now.. idk why but i am just run down

Old 11-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Just had a great 30min conversation with what seems to be a close friend even tho we have never met ....

Old 11-30-2009, 04:32 PM

Nobody on this forum will EVER have as many miles on their 6th / 7th gen as I do... 191,000 AS OF TODAY BABY! So EAT THAT LOL!!! That having been said; Todd hope Gpa is okay and I wish him well... you're in my thoughts always. Michael, good to see you're home safely, you know I worried about you! Wayne, sorry for your loss, hope you and your family enjoy fellowship and remember Mom the way she was, the way she would want to be remembered. We all know she's in a better place. Big hugs from me and my mad crew of animals (Sabrina, Frankie J and Beaux). Jarhead, glad to see you're enjoying your torch red baby. She's a head turner. I agree with what you posted, I try to stay out of forum politics because I am not known for having much tact when it comes to democracy....Mike, good to see you got yours up to 165K going strong and badder *** than ever! I always liked your monte, chris's monte and michael's monte, all very respectable vehicles and bad-azz in their own rights. Mine can't hold a candle! (however I am SERIOUSLY considereing that dual exhaust for $350 installed complete with downpipe and PLOGS...)

On a side note, I'm thinking it's time for me to find another / different mechanic. After I discovered while replacing the pass. side hub /bearing assembly (My abs light is now OFF, yay!) the driver's side outer cv boot was completely thrown. As in, it's not there anymore and i'm driving a bare axle. YAY! So I took it back to the place that put it in to begin with, and while said mechanic was yanking on my axle, he RIPPED OUT MY DRIVESHAFT. And a whole bunch of other little parts too. Last night it was transmission rebuild PART DEUX! I got the car back very late around midnight, but what I want to know is how do you pull so hard to pull out my driveshaft, or was it never installed right to begin with, or are you THAT much of a moron?!? In other facets of life I BELIEVE the shimmy has reduced or gone away completely, I couldn't tell, I'm so used to it being there by now. It's not my rotors because I got a complete brake job and my hub assembly replaced for like $300, and they didn't say jack squat to me about my rotors being warped. I think it's the junk goodyear tires I have, or the old tires I have on the back that were wearing kinda funny.

Also it's time for my annual earache in my right ear that causes me to hear funny and be all deaf and ****. YAY! I've thinking about making a christmas card up with a picture of me and my monte probably in pittsburgh's first snow up by grandview avenue overlooking the city. Don't know if I should mail it to my bestest monte friends, or should I just throw up a thread that says merry christmas or something. I'm also reflecting on my divorce and things are pretty hard on me right now because my parents never did christmas since I moved out and now that I'm back mom is kinda lazy (and crabby) on top of it, and Chris and I used to decorate the whole house the day after thanksgiving every year. It's hard for me to adjust to all of this "change" but like I said to my friend last night (who is ALSO going thru his own divorce after six years of marriage!) everything works out in the end for better or worse.

Thanks for letting me rant. I hope 2010 is a better year for all of us. As I'm discovering who needs a lousy boyfriend when I have the boys here I can ask for car advice? Least I know you guys are honest. Love you all to bits, you're like my bestest friends in the whole universe.

Last edited by moonlitmagik; 11-30-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:26 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
Nobody on this forum will EVER have as many miles on their 6th / 7th gen as I do... 191,000 AS OF TODAY BABY! So EAT THAT LOL!!!
And YOU put on how many of those miles? :P

Old 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I hit 130k the other day

Old 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

hi all, just got home and had a package waiting for me, the size of the box was 32x9x9, freaking overkill for 2 sets of wiper blades! what a waste! but i got my bosch icon wiper blades!!! hope everyone had a great long weekend! see ya for now!!

Old 11-30-2009, 05:43 PM

15 Year Member

You'll be very very happy Chris!!!!!!!

My dad still has a set on his work truck, going on 4 years now and they still work like they're brand-new.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:46 PM

Mike... so I only put 5,000 of those miles on my car. Yeah. but you put on how many of those 165 k? Wasn't that car your parents before it was yours?? I'm just comparing numbers not to be rude or nothin don't take any offense, I WISH I could have owned her from brand new, but heck, all I've ever owned besides my pontiac g5 were high mileage used cars!

Quick Reply: MCF Members Blog: Monday November 30, 2009